Miami finishes ranked 22nd in AP

Advertisement
Bruh stop it... you know how these recruiting ranks work. You win and you are in regardless of strength of conference UNLESS it is the top 4. There are only a few teams ahead of us with equal or more losses... ok. St (who beat us) UNC (who beat us) and the likes of UF. If you want to just play the name game, we are ahead of LSU, Oregon, TCU, Wisconsin, Auburn etc. and dont come at me with the "well they were dog **** this year" because it is irrelevant when you are listing teams like BYU who beat I think one team with a winning record, and overall played teams with a 45-60 record.
Well, it’s contradictory and hypocritical to give credibility to our ranking but not the rest of the poll. and how many teams did we beat with a winning record? 3, and one was UAB.

Exhibit A of why this board is allowed to be such a cesspool. Outside of a couple of them, the mods mope around here this bïtch too.

With friends like these..

Anyways, I guess I just don’t see how you can talk about recurring and themes when a staff has just completed it’s 2nd season.

Especially considering the 1st season largely consisted of despicable Ls to subpar P5s and G5s bc of a terrible O, while this year the Ls were to 3 ranked teams bc of poor D. Sure they were mostly ugly losses but I’m not catching your themes. Unless it’s progress, since we at least beat the teams that we definitely should have, fought in the bowl game and finished ranked. Of course it’s not though, bc this board expects to finish undefeated yearly while also regularly decrying the team’s overall talent level. Shît never makes sense on here so whatever fits today’s agenda.

But sure man, “once again” we suck. Fire everybody and consider folding the program. The landscape of college football is LOADED with dominant programs and we are so desperately behind them all that we can’t hope to compete moving forward.
That D staph has been together for 5 years. They recruited their own players. Is that enough time to make a change?

We got smoked by a good team. That does not disqualify the entire season. Sorry.

You are still talking about how we lost
We got smoked by 1 good team, and hammered by a 3 loss team, and taken to the wire by several bottom feeders

Bowl game refs stole a victory, we should've been top 15.
golden state warriors smh GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Odd. If you read this board you’d think we were the worst team in the history of college football. But somehow we ended the season ranked for just the 4th time in the last 15(!) years.

It didn’t end how we wanted but we took a step forward this season. Need to take another step forward next season.
That's because you only read this board.

Well, it’s contradictory and hypocritical to give credibility to our ranking but not the rest of the poll. and how many teams did we beat with a winning record? 3, and one was UAB.

It is not at all. I am saying BYU beat: Navy, Troy, LA Tech; UTSA; Houston; Texas State; Western Kentucky; Boise; North Alabama; and San Diego State. Lost to Coastal Carolina. Can you ID one loss on that schedule for us? No. If BYU went undefeated, they are still not getting into the top 4, if we did, we would. Strength of Schedule matters and unless it is top 4, the committee really doesn't put much emphasis on it. Letting the BYU and Coastal Carolinas into the top 20 is basically their fake "reward" for running the table against bad teams.

You just looked at names and saw lower level schools and said we are "lumped in" with them. Hence why I brought up other college "blue bloods" that we were above. If each one of those teams I mentioned won 2-3 more games, they are likely ranked and the BYU's arent, would you have then felt better to be ranked in the 20's surrounded by USC, texas, LSU, Auburn, and Oregon? My point is it makes no difference who is around us and to try to lump us in with those teams is a fallacy. It also fails to account that a team like BYU went 11-1, if we had played against GT and beat them, would that have moved us up in the rankings? Yes. Does it mean we are better or any different of a team they just ranked at 22? No.

Also to show this argument is not pigeon holed to BYU, look at Iowa who you also listed... they had two losses, one less than us to Purdue and NW. They also had 2 less wins and beat Mich State (2-5); Minn(3-4); Penn St (4-5); Neb (3-5); Ill (2-6) and wisc (4-3) so one team barely over 500 and they had only 6 wins. Indiana? Same thing, Lost to Ole miss and OSU; beat one team over 500 (wisc at 4-3) This was just an odd year for rankings overall. Do I think we are a top 10 team? No. Do I think we are a top 25 team? yes. Do I think we are on par with the BYU's and of the world? No.

Odd. If you read this board you’d think we were the worst team in the history of college football. But somehow we ended the season ranked for just the 4th time in the last 15(!) years.

It didn’t end how we wanted but we took a step forward this season. Need to take another step forward next season.
When you have 5 national championships with a mini dynasty going it is for a lot of us hard to think otherwise. It’s going on 20 years since we were a threat.

Advertisement
People also hang on the bad. Relentlessly.

FIU - should have never lost, Jarren was atrocious and sometimes you can’t overcome turnovers.

UNC - the horse was out of the barn and it imploded. Alabama did that to OSU last night, we did it to ND a few years ago.
OSU actually stuck around longer than I thought. We did not stand a chance against UNC. It was over once we settled for 3 that opening drive.

Another year, another season where we didn't finish in the top 10. That's 15 consecutive seasons now. It's totally bizarre to me that people are whining non-stop that Miami can't compete with Bama for national championships when we can barely be competitive in the ACC coastal.

Advertisement
With this same coaching staff? Maybe not the same margin, but I don’t see us winning. Baker has faced UNC twice as DC and we’ve given up 90 points and 1,167 yards.
And this year’s game made up a lot of that....

So we lose against UNC 10/10 times in 2020 if the game is played 10 times?

Advertisement
Maybe Miami keeps it close in a game or two. But the defensive staff made zero adjustments all game so it's hard to see them making adjustments if they played 9 more times.
This is the key.............we saw Alabama make adjustment after the Buckeyes answered them . They gave different looks on D and attacked aggressively.
Our Canes kept doing the same things and had no idea against OK State.
In fact, by the time we woke up and tried anything in the 2 nd half, it was too late.
The key: ADJUSTMENTS, on both O and D.

Exhibit A of why this board is allowed to be such a cesspool. Outside of a couple of them, the mods mope around here this bïtch too.

With friends like these..

Anyways, I guess I just don’t see how you can talk about recurring and themes when a staff has just completed it’s 2nd season.

Especially considering the 1st season largely consisted of despicable Ls to subpar P5s and G5s bc of a terrible O, while this year the Ls were to 3 ranked teams bc of poor D. Sure they were mostly ugly losses but I’m not catching your themes. Unless it’s progress, since we at least beat the teams that we definitely should have, fought in the bowl game and finished ranked. Of course it’s not though, bc this board expects to finish undefeated yearly while also regularly decrying the team’s overall talent level. Shît never makes sense on here so whatever fits today’s agenda.

But sure man, “once again” we suck. Fire everybody and consider folding the program. The landscape of college football is LOADED with dominant programs and we are so desperately behind them all that we can’t hope to compete moving forward.
This "new staff" has been here for 5 years now, so what the **** are you talking about?
The Defense was the side that got their *** absolutely annihilated against UNC. We've had those coaches/recruiters for 5 years now. At what point do you open your eyes?

Wow this staff is better than the garbage staff Al Golden had! Yay us, lets celebrate! It's been downhill since we blew out ND.
But sorry I didn't realize UNC and OKST were considered "loaded programs" according to you. You know what you're right, it's acceptable allowing 2 RBs to rush for 1000 yards on us in one game...

Sobering stat: that’s only our fourth time finishing ranked in 15 years.

Let’s hope this is a positive step forward and not a meaningless one-off.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm happy ending the season ranked. We had a good team

Advertisement
Back