MEGA Miami Fan Attendance -Discussion

Miami fan culture and mindset, like i said. Maybe we should schedule 12 games v USC, Bama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio etc.
Straw man. Fbs includes group of 5 teams, not only the Bama and uga of the world.

There is no reason to play an fcs school.

MiAmI FaN cUltUre. You mean the fans that have stuck around the past 20 years while we sucked ***?

Like someone said above. It’s an event city. Watching the equivalent of 240lb heavy weight professional boxer beat down on a amateur 120lb boxer is not an ‘event’ and for me, not entertainment either- which is ultimately the point in watching sports (to be entertained)

Advertisement
Again, BS. I sat in the stands many times when we were highly ranked and there were empty seats everywhere. Its not a new issue, and its not because of losing. Like someone posted here, the pic of the mostly empty Orange Bowl when we were #1 in the country and playing Temple.
Who cares. That was over 20 years ago? The population growth since then has been insane, as has CFB popularity. The only reason going forward from this point, that we can’t reliably fill in the stadium at at least 70-80% consistently, is because of **** more effort, management, and marketing on behalf of the school period.

Inter Miami games were basically empty but they kept at it, landed Messi, and made it an event, and instantly sold out. There’s no Messi equivalent in CFB recruitment of course, but there’s many many other ways to make the games a trendy event that people want to participate in, be seen at, etc.

No excuses.

its Bethune. this game was never going to be packed. we aren't that type of city or fanbase. its not followed like a college town team would be and nor does everyones lives revolve around it. keep winning and the conf games will be better attended than what we've seen so far.
doesn't matter who it is. it looked like a high school game and was pathetic

Straw man. Fbs includes group of 5 teams, not only the Bama and uga of the world.

There is no reason to play an fcs school.

MiAmI FaN cUltUre. You mean the fans that have stuck around the past 20 years while we sucked ***?

Like someone said above. It’s an event city. Watching the equivalent of 240lb heavy weight professional boxer beat down on a amateur 120lb boxer is not an ‘event’ and for me, not entertainment either- which is ultimately the point in watching sports (to be entertained)
Yeah its Miami fan culture, most of yall admit it was the same when the team was dominant. And i been here right along with them. And no its not a straw man, they couldnt even show up properly for 8&4 either. So Ohio, Bama UGA seem to be the only events, along with UF and FSU

Duke's average attendance was under 25K last year, so if that is your program model for attendance, it is not working so well.

Duke also plays in a 40k stadium, and their avg. attendance prior to 2022 was 15k. They had a 59% increase. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I'll never understand it. I'd be at every home game to support this team. No excuse.
The bold is insanity. There are a million valid excuses to miss that game last night.

We all have priorities. Miami-Bethune isn't near the top for many of us with a demanding job & family.

To be honest, if you missed it, you're no different.

That, again, is an awfully high percentage of no-shows. Makes you wonder.

Desperately need the tarp/screen thing over the two upper deck end zones.

No brainer.

canes-banners.jpg

Advertisement
Disgusting attendance. I don’t care if it’s Bethune and on a Thursday night. The team looks so much better and is coming off a big win against a quality opponent. Show up and support your ******* team.

agree, I would have been happy with 45k. Last night looked like 25k. Very disappointing

Or just go because it’s fun to watch good football. ****, I go to local high school games sometimes because its entertainment.
I'll never understand it. I'd be at every home game to support this team. No excuse.
The bold is insanity. There are a million valid excuses to miss that game last night.

We all have priorities. Miami-Bethune isn't near the top for many of us with a demanding job & family.

To be honest, if you missed it, you're no different.
Ok. Have a good evening.

I don't know what the numbers were back in the day but as recently as the Mark Richt era, they were selling over 40,000 season tickets.

To me that was the best hurricanes home attendance at Hard Rock. The fanbase was excited Al Golden was gone and Richt was here. I'm hoping the home crowd games look like that again

Advertisement
Yeah its Miami fan culture, most of yall admit it was the same when the team was dominant. And i been here right along with them. And no its not a straw man, they couldnt even show up properly for 8&4 either. So Ohio, Bama UGA seem to be the only events, along with UF and FSU
I’m certainly not disagreeing that Miami fans don’t show up. My point is scheduling fcs schools on a Thursday night doesn’t do the attendance numbers any favors

When I bought my first season tickets, the average crowd was around 17k, that was in the late 70's. The attendance for BC was announced at just over 40k, about half full, I think that was remarkable.

Advertisement
Miami is unique. It always has been. Really, that is part of why so many of us are fans of the program.

You should go to games if you live close. Sure, if that's your thing. But WHY is there this group of fans who want to turn us into big state school football program.

We play at an off campus, pro stadium. We are not like them. Period

Miami is a big event town.

Always has been.

Even in the 80s against nobodies, we didnt jam the Orange Bowl. Not every game can be like 89 Notre Dame where the stadium looks less like football is being played and more like blood thirsty romans cheering for two gladiators fighting to the death.

After Notre Dame 17, I never wanted to hear from anyone about "Miami fans dont care about the program." We dont draw large crowds night after night like Notre Dame or Penn State, because there are actually things to do in Miami, lol.

When we show up, and its a big game, we are as passionate as anyone to a country. I literally threatened to quit my job over the road, outflew a snowstorm out of Madision, WI, went to the ND 17 game on three hours sleep, drove 3 hrs, partied all day, tailgated, got drunk, and didnt stop yelling from kickoff, and talked crap with a Notre Dame fan all. Game. long.

One phrase that came out more than once was, "...No phantom fumble ginna save yathis time, Domer!"

And I consider myself a more moderate fan, lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back