MEGA Miami Fan Attendance -Discussion

We are not doomed to have horrible attendance. There is a gap between 80-100k and 25k for a home game. Miami admin has to get creative. And if yall u can do is repeat the same tired old tropes as a way to say it will never change, you are also part of the problem.

They told the El Salvador president crime was gonna be forever bad. He just went in and put all the gang members in jail. Now all u hear human rights people crying and the people give him a 90% rating.

There are alot of things we can do different, unconventional things. Make the tailgate longer for example. Not sure what the regulations are on that so may not be possible or maybe habe a section for vendors and open it earlier. How about have people perform instead of the god awful band.
We have to be different because we are different. Miami is an event town. Make the games into an event then.

Amazing how it's always "The school has to do this, this and this" and no matter what, the goalposts keep moving, to justify our cheap, lazy fanbase from doing anything to support the program. Two years ago it was "I'm not going because the product is terrible and the school is cheap". School addressed those issues, and fans still find a way to complain. Now the tickets are too expensive, but a lot of those same fans will pay to watch the Dolphins at a higher price point, no matter what that product looks like. There aren't enough sideshow attractions in the world to make our fans show up to a game against an FCS opponent. It's borderline impossible to have a schedule attractive enough to get fans, most of whom aren't stakeholders to show up in sufficient numbers, because if you were to build that schedule, it's likely you would also be scheduling yourself out of the national championship hunt, which would then cause those same fans to not show up anyway. Keep in mind this same exact fanbase had a program that almost went an entire decade without losing a home game, was always in the hunt for titles during that period and played top end schedules, and STILL didn't show up unless it was a HUGE game.

By the way, not to make this a political thread, but do you know WHY the human rights organizations you scoff at have a problem with what's going on in El Salvador? It's because the government of that country aren't addressing the root cause of crime, they are unilaterally locking people up and it's becoming obvious that basic human rights aren't protected. Right now, you can arrest someone there, not tell them why they are being arrested and then detain them indefinitely. Of course if you completely disregard basic human rights, you can have a low crime rate. The USSR proved that, they had **** near a 0% crime rate back in the day, because rights didn't exist there. The issue is that in exchange for that, everyone has to be willing to trade in their basic human rights and that's not an appropriate trade.

Advertisement
Amazing how it's always "The school has to do this, this and this" and no matter what, the goalposts keep moving, to justify our cheap, lazy fanbase from doing anything to support the program. Two years ago it was "I'm not going because the product is terrible and the school is cheap". School addressed those issues, and fans still find a way to complain. Now the tickets are too expensive, but a lot of those same fans will pay to watch the Dolphins at a higher price point, no matter what that product looks like. There aren't enough sideshow attractions in the world to make our fans show up to a game against an FCS opponent. It's borderline impossible to have a schedule attractive enough to get fans, most of whom aren't stakeholders to show up in sufficient numbers, because if you were to build that schedule, it's likely you would also be scheduling yourself out of the national championship hunt, which would then cause those same fans to not show up anyway. Keep in mind this same exact fanbase had a program that almost went an entire decade without losing a home game, was always in the hunt for titles during that period and played top end schedules, and STILL didn't show up unless it was a HUGE game.

By the way, not to make this a political thread, but do you know WHY the human rights organizations you scoff at have a problem with what's going on in El Salvador? It's because the government of that country aren't addressing the root cause of crime, they are unilaterally locking people up and it's becoming obvious that basic human rights aren't protected. Right now, you can arrest someone there, not tell them why they are being arrested and then detain them indefinitely. Of course if you completely disregard basic human rights, you can have a low crime rate. The USSR proved that, they had **** near a 0% crime rate back in the day, because rights didn't exist there. The issue is that in exchange for that, everyone has to be willing to trade in their basic human rights and that's not an appropriate trade.
Not sure who u on about not going to game. I address both the fans and the admin. I made the thread. So not gonna bother dissecting it cuz you're ill informed

Advertisement
Not sure who u on about not going to game. I address both the fans and the admin. I made the thread. So not gonna bother dissecting it cuz you're ill informed
Ill informed about what? The school has spent decades keeping costs in line for tickets, hasn't done a **** thing in regards of fan loyalty. As I noted before, if costs were important to our fanbase, the years we gave tickets away at cost for sports like basketball would have done something, and it hasn't, even with the product being **** good during Coach L's tenure. Even when the football product was elite, our cheap fanbase didn't show up unless it was a huge game.

As I said in an earlier post, there are certain things the administration can't change and the fact that we are a small private school, with an alumni base that moves out of town the moment we cross the stage at graduation is one of them. College sports, unlike pro sports are attractive mostly to stakeholders. A pro franchise is different than a college program, something our fanbase refuses to recognize. There's a reason why every single school that draws well is a huge state school with huge swaths of their alumni base within easy driving distance of campus. There's a unique bond between students, alumni and the program, and they form the backbone of your support. Yes, you welcome the fans that don't have that bond, but Miami is one of a few schools that depends on those fans to carry the weight of our in stadium support. That's a fool's errand because those fans are mercenaries, and unless you provide an extremely compelling reason, they aren't going to show up. Guess what? You can't provide a compelling reason every single home game. Some games are guaranteed dogs, some games aren't going to be big deals, because unlike the NFL, there isn't widespread parity. You are going to have one FCS opponent on the schedule, you are going to play a midmajor in non conference play.

Announced crowds:
2017 56k
2019 54k
2021 48k

I expect a good crowd to watch a 4-0 nationally ranked Miami. Hope the game is at 3:30 not noon.
I'm hoping for a night game. We should all want to run it up vs. Temple, bigly.

Ill informed about what? The school has spent decades keeping costs in line for tickets, hasn't done a **** thing in regards of fan loyalty. As I noted before, if costs were important to our fanbase, the years we gave tickets away at cost for sports like basketball would have done something, and it hasn't, even with the product being **** good during Coach L's tenure. Even when the football product was elite, our cheap fanbase didn't show up unless it was a huge game.

As I said in an earlier post, there are certain things the administration can't change and the fact that we are a small private school, with an alumni base that moves out of town the moment we cross the stage at graduation is one of them. College sports, unlike pro sports are attractive mostly to stakeholders. A pro franchise is different than a college program, something our fanbase refuses to recognize. There's a reason why every single school that draws well is a huge state school with huge swaths of their alumni base within easy driving distance of campus. There's a unique bond between students, alumni and the program, and they form the backbone of your support. Yes, you welcome the fans that don't have that bond, but Miami is one of a few schools that depends on those fans to carry the weight of our in stadium support. That's a fool's errand because those fans are mercenaries, and unless you provide an extremely compelling reason, they aren't going to show up. Guess what? You can't provide a compelling reason every single home game. Some games are guaranteed dogs, some games aren't going to be big deals, because unlike the NFL, there isn't widespread parity. You are going to have one FCS opponent on the schedule, you are going to play a midmajor in non conference play.
I’ve got it! Play all FCS schools in their own stadiums! 1 less game to rent JRS! Now the fans need to stop complaining that we play these games away…😒

Advertisement
There must be something big going on in North Carolina today - Duke and UNC are playing infront of half empty stadiums.

Miami's attendance is more impressive than that of UF and FSU.

Do you go to games?
I used to fly down from DC for one a year -- in rare years, two. The 2019 season was my last where I could handle that. Too many joint and mobility issues.

From 1967 on, I've seen many more road games here in the Mid-Atlantic and in the Northeast -- Maryland, Pitt, VT, UVA, Rutgers, Temple, Penn State, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back