MEGA Miami Fan Attendance -Discussion

Advertisement
Who cares. That was over 20 years ago? The population growth since then has been insane, as has CFB popularity. The only reason going forward from this point, that we can’t reliably fill in the stadium at at least 70-80% consistently, is because of **** more effort, management, and marketing on behalf of the school period.

Inter Miami games were basically empty but they kept at it, landed Messi, and made it an event, and instantly sold out. There’s no Messi equivalent in CFB recruitment of course, but there’s many many other ways to make the games a trendy event that people want to participate in, be seen at, etc.

No excuses.
They signed the best and most recognizable player in the world and a Latin American player to boot.

You think you can make the Bethune game on a Thursday night an event? They didn't even bring their band.

Had we lost to A&M you would have lucky to have 12k in the seats.

Advertisement
The key to having a decent crowd at Hard Rock is promotions. $2 beer, hotdogs, free tickets for high school students, free tickets for military and retired military, free tickets for illegal aliens, etc. Unfortunately, Miami has no control over the stadium as renters.

I think the game day experience at Hard Rock sucks. When I go see Miami play, I always pick an away game to go to. That way I get to see the Canes and experience a college game atmosphere.
I thought the Orange Lot tailgate was popping for the A&M game. It is uniquely Miami because the diversity of people, the diversity of food and the diversity of music. Because the students have to bus to the stadium, they all congregate in the same area pre-game. You don't get that at Florida or FSU because the partying is at the frat houses.

I have been to many college games over the years, and other than LSU and Tennessee, they are pretty much all the same. LSU gives you that Cajun experience and Tennessee is cool because of the Vol Navy. What is unique about on campus games is they usually have RV set ups.

BTW, I could not give away my tickets for the opener or Bethune and I reach into my son's ROTC detachment and contacts we have at Southcom. LoL, you could have bought 2 tickets for Bethune for around $20 on the secondary market.

You fill seats with big name opponents. If we joined the SEC you would only see empty seats against FCS opponents. Well maybe Mizzou and Vandy.

Everyone here wants everyone else to put up resources for the sake of the program.

Everyone has to contribute and pour all they can into this team!

Everyone except you. How convenient.

Advertisement
Idk who saw that game day segment, but if this 90 year old and her twin can show up rain, sun, or snow to sit in the last row of Colorado games for their entire lives people in Miami can shove it with their excuses lol. “We’re from Colorado so that’s our team and we made a vow that those boys would never be out their alone.”

So many people in Miami’s heads would explode trying to comprehend that amount of selflessness and loyalty but that’s what being a fan is all about. The stadium has nothing to do with it. Shout out to all you diehards who stick by our boys no matter what. You deserve what is to come. Go Canes

Last edited:
They signed the best and most recognizable player in the world and a Latin American player to boot.

You think you can make the Bethune game on a Thursday night an event? They didn't even bring their band.

Had we lost to A&M you would have lucky to have 12k in the seats.
It looked on TV like 12k were in the seats. Yeah, I know the official count was 40,000. LOL.

How many casual fans even knew Miami was playing? This is what makes marketing important

Condensing the crowd makes sense. 40,000 is a solid crowd when there isn’t all that empty space in the lower levels. I know there maybe an argument for devaluing tickets, but we shouldn’t let the stadium look like that.

We might not be Michigan, but there are solutions to do better. Just have to prioritize it.
Do you really believe 40,000 were actually there? That 40,000 announced number isn't near accurate for real butts in seats.

Advertisement
I just can’t understand why this continues to be a topic of discussion. South Florida is a big event town, not a sports town. Been said a million times. You’re never going to get the kind of fan support down here that you do in other parts of the country. Never. You might could improve it a little, but that’s it. You could’ve given away free tickets to that Bethune game and offered free hotdogs and you wouldn’t get anywhere near a packed house. That’s just how it is.

Advertisement
We also have to be honest about one thing.

We haven't given them much to cheer about in 29 years. Virtually no reason to show up. That doesn't change overnight and it'll never change with the likes of Bethune showing up.

In that time, we've seen UF win a championship or two. FSU won one. We've lost a portion of our fan base, which is small to begin with, during that time. Miami Fandom is at its all time lowest point since pre 80's.

That's the nature of things. Win, find the right ticket pricing (it sure isn't what it currently is) , and community outreach with freebies for games that will be poorly attended. Even then, we'll still have empty seats as time has shown unless it's a big opponent. Lack of blackouts unless it's a sellout have made staying home too easy. The economy is not in a good spot and most have to sacrifice something to make games.

We are not doomed to have horrible attendance. There is a gap between 80-100k and 25k for a home game. Miami admin has to get creative. And if yall u can do is repeat the same tired old tropes as a way to say it will never change, you are also part of the problem.

They told the El Salvador president crime was gonna be forever bad. He just went in and put all the gang members in jail. Now all u hear human rights people crying and the people give him a 90% rating.

There are alot of things we can do different, unconventional things. Make the tailgate longer for example. Not sure what the regulations are on that so may not be possible or maybe habe a section for vendors and open it earlier. How about have people perform instead of the god awful band.
We have to be different because we are different. Miami is an event town. Make the games into an event then.

Do you really believe 40,000 were actually there? That 40,000 announced number isn't near accurate for real butts in seats.
I wasn’t talking about the BCC game in particular. I was thinking of a number for just an average game. 30,000-40,000 people all spread out isn’t a good look. Especially all those empty seats in the lower deck at midfield.

You can create a great atmosphere even without the upper decks filled.

Exactly. Make the games family friendly and cheap. Entertainment value in a spectacular stadium with a good product that anyone can afford.

Unfortunately the U probably tried to milk people for parking, etc.. so they just stay away.
Miami season tickets are pathetically cheap compared to our peers and it hasn’t mattered for decades. If price was an issue, explain how these same fans don’t give a crap about basketball where the tickets are dirt cheap compared to other options. Don’t even get me started on the women’s basketball program and how cheap those tickets are.

Advertisement
Back