Miami +3 @ UNC

Loss sucks but c’mon y’all sounding soft as ****. Miami can beat UNC…. If Miami took a knee and was 5-0 today would y’all say we have no chance? So the difference of TVD squatting down has convinced you we’re getting rolled?

FSU/Norvell lost to an FCS opponent on final play… two years later they’re ranked top 5. Let it breathe, keep stacking talent and go win this ****.

Advertisement
I feel like Gattis left his playbook in the locker room and Dawson found it... said what the ****...we barely game planned for GT...let's call some of these.

The common link is Mario/Mirabal whom I believe are very involved in the running game. There’s too much stuff being run that I don’t see coming from Dawson past.

Why does it feel like we always play UNC after the worst moments of our season?

2021: Borregales doinks 25 yarder to win game vs UVA - Next week? UNC beats us by 3

2022: MTSU debacle - Next week? UNC beats us by 3

2023….

Something tells me that stupidity won’t happen again.

Edit: BTW, not defending Mario, because at the end it falls on him but Mario didn’t call the running play, that was Dawson’s dumb ***. Mario, should have told him, kneel it but Mario’s approaching things differently and allowing his coordinators run their game. It back fired here. He ****ed up and it cost us a game. I doubt it happens ever again.
The irony here is that there were many demanding Mario get out of the way of his coordinators and allow them to call their own game. NOW, they expect MarIo to intervene in certain situations and override a call.

Maybe he should have intervened when Dawson called the Cheney running play. Maybe Mario trusted Dawson enough to allow him to make the call. Whatever the circumstance, it was obviously the wrong call and they/we need to just move on and focus on UNC.

Advertisement
I believe people are going to be pleasantly shocked come Saturday. This a good team. Every good team in every year has at least one stinker where they have to battle it out against an inferior opponent, but they come out with the W.

I love that this game is on the road too. It’s a complete us against the world mentality this week for the guys in the locker room. They’re going to respond.

The common link is Mario/Mirabal whom I believe are very involved in the running game. There’s too much stuff being run that I don’t see coming from Dawson past.
Only thing being run is that simple inside zone read where the ball is handed off to the rb 99.9% of the time. Teams know we don't run outside the tackles. Watch a team like Louisville. They are so diverse formationally and run both outside and inside zone you don't know where the ball is going on run plays.

Only thing being run is that simple inside zone read where the ball is handed off to the rb 99.9% of the time. Teams know we don't run outside the tackles. Watch a team like Louisville. They are so diverse formationally and run both outside and inside zone you don't know where the ball is going on run plays.

That Fins’ run-only TD drive yesterday was a thing of beauty. Really hammered home how predictable and simplistic our run game is.

Advertisement
Players and coaches aren’t nearly as emotional as fans ( thank god). I expect a good showing. Last night was rock bottom. Unacceptable but I don’t see the same types to quit like previous years.
Yeah, I am not giving into the belief that Miami's season is done either. We lost a game on poor officiating and even ****-poor coaching but as ****** as the outcome was, TVD did get us over Tech and had us in a position to knee it out; meanwhile our defense kept it tight for almost all of the game. We have talented dudes that can make plays and run it up, if only coaching/coordinating would dislodge their heads from out of the sphincter. Up until Tech, everything has been great. I believe we'll be better for it going forward.

That Fins’ run-only TD drive yesterday was a thing of beauty. Really hammered home how predictable and simplistic our run game is.
Fins run game design is truly genius. Heard McDaniel literally draws up new run plays weekly and ask Tua what do you think.

It’s not the same team. They’ve shown that multiple times. I agree the loss hurts because the team is actually good and Mario f’d that up. It was literally a one in a million outcome that no statistic/ analytic can make sense of . It was the kick six and the Flute Hail Mary rolled into one
Except those plays were part of the game, people trying to win/lose.

Our handoff should have never been a part of the game because the knee ends the game.

Advertisement
Except those plays were part of the game, people trying to win/lose.

Our handoff should have never been a part of the game because the knee ends the game.

That’s been established. Me and other idiots were in the game thread screaming kneel it before the fumble. What he did was legit a fireable offense. That’s how horrible and unacceptable it was. If he’s not who he is with a new huge deal it would be a legit conversation.

Advertisement
homer simpson GIF

Some guy who bets big told me yesterday that TVD turns the ball over at a much higher rate in night games. Anyone know if that’s true?

Some guy who bets big told me yesterday that TVD turns the ball over at a much higher rate in night games. Anyone know if that’s true?

I don’t believe so. In 2021 he had 2 multiple INT games (UNC and FSU). From what I remember Both were day games with either 12 or 3:30 kicks.

In 2022 he had one multiple INT game in MTSU (not a night game). He also tossed picks in UNC and So Miss games, neither of which was at night.

I guess this season it’s technically true because prior to Saturday his only pick had been in the Mia OH game but that’s a pretty limited sample.

I don’t believe so. In 2021 he had 2 multiple INT games (UNC and FSU). From what I remember Both were day games with either 12 or 3:30 kicks.

In 2022 he had one multiple INT game in MTSU (not a night game). He also tossed picks in UNC and So Miss games, neither of which was at night.

I guess this season it’s technically true because prior to Saturday his only pick had been in the Mia OH game but that’s a pretty limited sample.
Honestly it seems like he has more turnovers at home then on the road which is really weird

Advertisement
Back