Miami’s Texas A&M Win

I know transitive property shouldn’t be used in FB, but the more A&M DL dominates other teams, the more confident I get in our win and OL dominating other DL’s.
The only DLs we play the rest of the way who are even close to A&M are Clemson and FSU.

What I like most about our win against A&M is that we couldn't really run the ball that well but we were able to adjust and dominate them through the air while still being effective enough with the run to keep them honest.

Advertisement
I know transitive property shouldn’t be used in FB, but the more A&M DL dominates other teams, the more confident I get in our win and OL dominating other DL’s.

Yeah after the Miami game the question was “what’s wrong with all the five stars A&M has up front?”

Well, maybe nothing other than going against our OL….

Yeah after the Miami game the question was “what’s wrong with all the five stars A&M has up front?”

Well, maybe nothing other than going against our OL….
Yeah, if our OL continues at this level then sky’s the limit (albeit injuries always happen, it’s a long season)

The only DLs we play the rest of the way who are even close to A&M are Clemson and FSU.

What I like most about our win against A&M is that we couldn't really run the ball that well but we were able to adjust and dominate them through the air while still being effective enough with the run to keep them honest.
I actually think Clemson will be tougher from a schematic standpoint, but FSU from an emotional standpoint. Clemson got some DAWGS on the DL, but they did lose their CB/S Nate Wiggins. FSU has a good DL, but their secondary is weak imo and that game could play out like A&M. Hard part is it’s in Tallynasty.

Advertisement
Shouldn’t be used and I hate to use it but I think it’s applicable in the trenches. That’s literally where you can win and lose a game

The Bear formerly of ESPN Gameday tweeted the other day he just bet A&M to win the SEC at +900. I don't hate that number at all. That defense should keep them in every game, the teams they're going to struggle with are going to be the teams like us who can pass protect and have elite passing games, and they don't play anyone like that except for LSU, which is the last game of the season. There's a chance they already have the West clinched by then.
I think they win out as they continue to gel on offense. That defense we made look sweet is probably the best in the country

I think they win out as they continue to gel on offense. That defense we made look sweet is probably the best in the country

It's absolutely up there by literally any metric you want to look at. The pass defense isn't as good as the run defense, but overall it's an ELITE defense.

I think they have all he talent in the world to win it, but they play like a bunch of morons at times. We did spot them 10 and beat them on a majority of plays, but their tackling was terrible that made big plays into bigger plays. They have a lot of things to fix to be able to win each week with consistency. They should win the SEC but I think they will find ways to not win.

Advertisement
A&M a legit good SEC team. I was a little worried with Max Johnson back in as QB but he might be the best back up college QB out there. Watch some of these voters rank A&M ahead of Miami lol

Yep, he is much more of a gun slinger than the previous guy

Been saying it since that A&M win. I’ve never even thought of rooting for a Jimbo led team more than I will this season. The better they do, the better we look. Assuming we continue to take care of business.

A&M played a defense to take away the run, which made sense going in after what happened in the game the year before. They didn't count on the changes to the OL making that much of a difference. Even on the sack, Lee slipped to allow it, or that was a TD to Restrepo.

Advertisement
You have to run what fits your personnel. Gattis couldn't seem to do that here. But he also was hamstrung with a wheel of QB situation, a bad OL, Restrepo hurt most of the season, George a shell of what he is now, disaster at RB with injuries (most forgot we had a 3rd stringer from UAB off the street getting carries) and really bad OL play. It was the absolute right call to replace him but he kind of had a sh*t draw compared to this year. There is a long history here of coordinators and position coaches sucking here and doing well other places.
He inherited an offense that scored 34 per game in 2021 and drove it completely into the ground. The offensive line sucked in 2021 and they only had one running back the entire second half of the year. Yet they still scored points at a high level. Gattis completely **** the bed and was exposed as a fraud. TVD should sue his *** for almost ruining his career. I wouldn’t hire that loser to coach a girl’s flag football team.

Gattis is the WOAT. He’s so ******, Dan Enos and Pat Nix are battling for second worst.

Forgot he was playing when we played them ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4232.png
    IMG_4232.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
I watch more ball than the average Miami fan and I pride myself on being a realist. With that being said I think this is a 10 win team. And a legit one if healthy of course. Never would have imagined after last year
I just can’t do that to myself, have hope on us being good again. But **** did we look legit improved vs A&M

Advertisement
Back