Miami’s Texas A&M Win

You have to run what fits your personnel. Gattis couldn't seem to do that here. But he also was hamstrung with a wheel of QB situation, a bad OL, Restrepo hurt most of the season, George a shell of what he is now, disaster at RB with injuries (most forgot we had a 3rd stringer from UAB off the street getting carries) and really bad OL play. It was the absolute right call to replace him but he kind of had a sh*t draw compared to this year. There is a long history here of coordinators and position coaches sucking here and doing well other places.
**** and I can’t stress this enough gasstis

Advertisement
Does Josh Pate's model assign a 16 point advantage to Miami's home field?

As I've said, this model is structured to produce weird results because weird results get discussed more than predictable ones. And clicks drive revenue. Or, they made it, it got weird results, and instead of fixing it they said, "wow, a lot of people are talking about our polls", and they had zero incentive to change it.

Does Josh Pate's model assign a 16 point advantage to Miami's home field?

As I've said, this model is structured to produce weird results because weird results get discussed more than predictable ones. And clicks drive revenue. Or, they made it, it got weird results, and instead of fixing it they said, "wow, a lot of people are talking about our polls", and they had zero incentive to change it.
Most likely, but the model makes them seem pretty stupid .

I just can’t do that to myself, have hope on us being good again. But **** did we look legit improved vs A&M
I wouldn’t normally do it either but there is no dominant team this year. Everyone at the top is about the same tier. We’ll see in a few weeks how good we really are but I think we’re explosive enough to beat anyone. Uga would have to keep up with us

I wouldn’t normally do it either but there is no dominant team this year. Everyone at the top is about the same tier. We’ll see in a few weeks how good we really are but I think we’re explosive enough to beat anyone. Uga would have to keep up with us

This is how I feel. We have a dominant OL/running game and a top 5-10 QB in the country. Combine that with a top 25 defense gives you a team that SHOULD compete with anyone.

I can't recall the last team with a really good OL, running game, QB and defense fell flat on its face and lost 3-4 games. As long as we stay healthy.....

Advertisement
This is how I feel. We have a dominant OL/running game and a top 5-10 QB in the country. Combine that with a top 25 defense gives you a team that SHOULD compete with anyone.

I can't recall the last team with a really good OL, running game, QB and defense fell flat on its face and lost 3-4 games. As long as we stay healthy.....
It’ll be really hard for any team with our metrics to fall apart. Where as if Clemson could have finished the job on FSU I think they would have went off the rails

It’ll be really hard for any team with our metrics to fall apart. Where as if Clemson could have finished the job on FSU I think they would have went off the rails

I know everyone loves to say FSU is a house of cards, but they keep winning and their schedule is a joke. I think they're only chance for a loss is against us and possibly UF.

I know everyone loves to say FSU is a house of cards, but they keep winning and their schedule is a joke. I think their only chance for a loss is against us and possibly UF.
I don’t feel that way about fsu. They’re legit but their flaw is noticeable

Advertisement
I know everyone loves to say FSU is a house of cards, but they keep winning and their schedule is a joke. I think they're only chance for a loss is against us and possibly UF.
UF did beat TENN, so they have the ability to leap up and cause an upset, I suppose. I would be worried if I was the lizards, but it is a fierce rivalry game, so who knows??

I don’t feel that way about fsu. They’re legit but their flaw is noticeable

They are a decent team. Good system on offense and Travis is playing well. They have good RBs/WRs and their defense, while has some issues, are capable.

What flaw are you referring to?

Don't get be wrong, I hope they lose every game and we should beat them...

fsu has a good DL but outside of that the defense in general is not playoff caliber. That offense will give them a shot with anyone though.

As was mentioned, lot of even teams that make up the top 15 or so. This would have been the year to start the 12 team playoffs. There are going to be a lot of them left out that had legit potential to go on a run and win it all.

With where Miami is right now and based off what we think we have and have seen. The team needs to go at least 2-1 vs UNC, Clemson, and FSU. That would go a long way to validating our early season thoughts, even with a "bad bounce" loss possible along the way

Advertisement
They are a decent team. Good system on offense and Travis is playing well. They have good RBs/WRs and their defense, while has some issues, are capable.

What flaw are you referring to?

Don't get be wrong, I hope they lose every game and we should beat them...
They give up 2 big plays for every big play they generate. Their defense is built to cause negative plays but if they don’t they’re pretty average

Just thought you guys should know that Houston has finally gotten rain this week. With it pulling the temperature down to the upper 70s- mid 80s everyone has wiped out their winter coats

Advertisement
Posted this in the stats thread but thought it would be relevant here too.

Texas A&M's defense is holding opponents to a 23.4% conversion rate on third downs, third-best nationally. ... Texas A&M has seven sacks in each of its past two games, the most in consecutive games since joining the SEC in 2012. ... Texas A&M is 33-5 when scoring first under Fisher and 32-2 when leading after the first quarter. They scored first and lead after the first quarter against Miami and lost.

A&M is the better team this year. If Bama had the same players but was named Virginia they'd be 3 point underdogs tomorow. No doubt in my mind A&M wins.

Texas A&M is good enough to win the SEC this year, if they did the media will have a hard time knowing Miami dominated them.

If A&M wins this game, they're winning the SEC West.

They'd have to lose twice afterwards for Bama to sneak in, and the others teams are mid.

Advertisement
Back