Miami’s Texas A&M Win

Honestly, I think he's a LOT better than Max. Most of the game, I was like, "****, this guy can make some throws!" He was most certainly the starter for a reason. Dude was getting hammered and kept dealing. Max would have folded, and we would have won by 30 with him in there. Their starter? He kept them in the game, period. Without him, we roll the **** out of A&M. That dude is a positive difference maker. Max, not so much.
All Facts! We hang **** near 60 on aTm with Max playing… cause Max couldn’t have withstood that physical *** kickin and stayed upright.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't sleep on Max Johnson. Experience and serviceable with a legend as his OC and top notch skill players around him makes A&M dangerous.

Going to be hard against that Bama defense. He’s going to be running for his life if his line plays like they did against us. And he’s not a mobile guy.

Going to be hard against that Bama defense. He’s going to be running for his life if his line plays like they did against us. And he’s not a mobile guy.
True. The key is A&Ms Dline. They did work against a Sam Pittman OL. If they can get to Milroe or force Milroe to beat them from the pocket A&M can definitely beat Bama at Kyle Field.

Advertisement
Say whatever you want about Weigman and Johnson, but we absolutely LIT UP that defense, and even with that shellacking, they are still 12th in the country in YPP allowed, 26th in scoring defense, 3rd in TFLs, and 3rd in sacks.

And again, that’s including the beating we put on them. If you only looked at their other 4 games, they’re arguably the best defense in the entire country.

If you don’t believe that, check this out. If you take the Miami stats out, they are averaging giving up 3.59 yards per play over the entirety of the other 4 games they’ve played.

Penn State currently leads the country in YPP allowed at 3.85.

The next 3 weeks tell the story, but don’t let people laugh at you or shrug you off when you tell them Miami has legitimately played like one of the very best teams in the entire country over the first month. It’s an irrefutable fact. This team, especially this offense, is REALLY good.

True. The key is A&Ms Dline. They did work against a Sam Pittman OL. If they can get to Milroe or force Milroe to beat them from the pocket A&M can definitely beat Bama at Kyle Field.

I honestly think we could see under 30 points in this game. I love it. Can’t wait to watch two defenses full of future pros battle it out.

I honestly think we could see under 30 points in this game. I love it. Can’t wait to watch two defenses full of future pros battle it out.
I could see this being a defensive slugfest since Milroe struggles with getting the ball out to his weapons.

I think more pressure will be on Bama's D though. It will only be a matter of time in the game before one of A&M's weapons break loose. A&M is going to put points on the board. Will Milroe be able to match whatever A&M does is the question?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back