Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Advertisement
He would fit right in with the current awfensive coaches with little to no experience.

Hiring this guy would give Richt the appearance of doing something with out doing anything at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This has been reported by generally reliable people and it makes sense. Dillingham' role at Memphis is to coach QBs and to game plan the offense. He doesn't call the plays, instead he and another coach suggest "good idea" plays in real time and the head coach picks one. So here he would likely do the same. Richt could still call plays, only they would be he "good" ones suggested to him. Plus, he could spend more time motivating other groups and recruiting. If this is true, I would expect Jon to take a job as assistant AD keeping the same salary, living near Mark, and learning the management side of college sports. Plus, he seems to have similar religious beliefs as the rest of the staff. We will see......

I love Norvell's scheme most of the time. Uber productive. Gets yards in big chunks. Hasn't always been the most efficient...and he sometimes abandons the run, but I have enjoyed watching Memphis and Arizona State. The man hits overs like crazy if you're a bettor, too.

But...this guy isn't Norvell. I question how much playcalling he has done...but there is no doubt, since he was named OC, they went from very good to an elite offense.

I'm not sure why Richt wants to surround himself with young coaches when he's trying to win now, but it is what it is. I will give the guy a chance because I like the scheme quite a bit. Lets see if it works here.

Everything seems to fit. He’s a QB coach, he doesn’t call plays, favors a pro style, recruits Georgia, relays on many playmakers

Advertisement
Hes from Georgia

I was being facetious. (Don't think he actual follows any Memphis folks.. also know where it is on a map. Thought Kentucky reference sealed the deal considering his recruitment.. but I guess I missed the mark.)

I love the offense Memphis runs fwiw. But we need a guy who has the pull to really change our offense. I question if this guy has that ability

Advertisement
So the BOT wants this guy? Didn't one of them just say that they could offer a OC 1 million dollars? Why are they settling for this guy who might be a good coach but very inexperienced and hoping he can turn around the offense. Go get somebody experienced, I don't think we are making any changes but I hope I am wrong.

The whole thing sounds like BS.
We've had these type of rumors float on this board before.
Remember the 20something page thread about Golden getting fired back in January 2010?

Advertisement
OK so we gonna act like we don't know Jarren aint on social media dating sites flirtin ? Ok ill play along

Jarren Williams " Hey Dillingham, what you doing ?"
Dillingham " Nothin just watchin this Miami/Pittsburgh film.. 6 for 24 ? 50 yards :oops:"
Jarren Williams " I know right,but recievers did drop some balls so what you tryin to say D?"
Dillingham " I can show you better then I can tell you"
Jarren Williams " But what about John? and besides, don't you got like 4 other Qb's? young ones too, you dont need me"
Dillingham " I settled for them, I always wanted you and you know that, "
Jarren Williams " :giggle:"
Dillingham ":p"
Jarren Williams ":fap:"

Just looked at the Memphis roster and they've got 4 QB's - 1 FR, 1 RFR, 1 So, and 1 RJr.

Jarren would have a helleva uphill battle competing with 4 QB's that have already been in he system at least a year.

IF Jarren were to transfer to Memphis. He would be starting Day 1, no question about it. Memphis has cut the passing playbook in half to cater to the current starting QB they have.

Advertisement
Back