Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Why not?
Maybe his interest in playing time, for a very QB-friendly offense, overrides playing for a drab P5 offense.
I agree with you to an extent, but most blue chip recruits — especially in today’s day and age — want to go to a prominent program where they’ll garner attention and play in meaningful matchups that impact the CFB landscape. If you go to a Memphis-like team, you’re not going to be on national TV every week and your name won’t be circulated in the media endlessly.

Advertisement
Yeah, better QB play and two offensive lines that are in the NFL.

Lol. Brad Kaaya was evaluated, recruited, and coached by James Coley. So better QB play is something to put on his resume not try and take away from it. He was also the OC for those two offensive lines, with Art Kehoe as his OL coach and that probably wasn't by choice.

Advertisement
Lol. Brad Kaaya was evaluated, recruited, and coached by James Coley. So better QB play is something to put on his resume not try and take away from it. He was also the OC for those two offensive lines, with Art Kehoe as his OL coach and that probably wasn't by choice.
Brad Kaaya had like 2 months coaching (not a lot) from Coley before his first game and had a head and shoulders better season as a true freshman than our guys. That’s because he was a extremely motivated, from stories about him knowing the playbook months in advance and how he was a huge film watcher, and he was also already crazy talented.

As for the OL, sounds like we agree there. Choice doesn’t matter, either you have it or you don’t but it’s massively influential on offensive play.

Brad Kaaya had like 2 months coaching (not a lot) from Coley before his first game and had a head and shoulders better season as a true freshman than our guys. That’s because he was a extremely motivated, from stories about him knowing the playbook months in advance and how he was a huge film watcher, and he was also already crazy talented.

As for the OL, sounds like we agree there. Choice doesn’t matter, either you have it or you don’t but it’s massively influential on offensive play.

Well, I mean, that's the thing. He should get credit for recruiting and finding someone like that, who is literally on the other side of the country. Kaaya couldn't even get an offer from USC/UCLA/Boise St/Cal until late in the process. James Coley had a good evaluation and pulled in a solid college QB.

Well, I mean, that's the thing. He should get credit for recruiting and finding someone like that, who is literally on the other side of the country. Kaaya couldn't even get an offer from USC/UCLA/Boise St/Cal until late in the process. James Coley had a good evaluation and pulled in a solid college QB.
You mean like Jarren Williams?

You mean like Jarren Williams?

1. I'm using hindsight, we know what Kaaya was in college after watching him for 3 years. Jarren hasn't played a snap.
2. This staff honed in on a QB that is quiet possibly the worst starter for a P-5 team this decade, and only started to recruit Jarren when said QB was demoted to second string for his own high school team.
3. This staff only pursue'd Jarren because the 2018 recruiting class convinced them to, since most of em became cool with JWill during off-season events. They didn't evaluate him early in the process...which is mind boggling because Richt has only been away from UGA for 2 years, so I doubt he hadn't heard about him.

Advertisement
1. I'm using hindsight, we know what Kaaya was in college after watching him for 3 years. Jarren hasn't played a snap.
2. This staff honed in on a QB that is quiet possibly the worst starter for a P-5 team this decade, and only started to recruit Jarren when said QB was demoted to second string for his own high school team.
3. This staff only pursue'd Jarren because the 2018 recruiting class convinced them to, since most of em became cool with JWill during off-season events. They didn't evaluate him early in the process...which is mind boggling because Richt has only been away from UGA for 2 years, so I doubt he hadn't heard about him.
1) No one evaluated him much early because he had a bad jr year. And was a late bloomer.

2) Even still Canes, who we know don’t give out offers often, offered him in November, of 2016! That means they were evaluating/recruiting him from his sophomore year.

3) Sits was everyone’s favorite (coaches, fans, recruiting sites) player until he got eaten alive by IMGs schedule. Everyone got him wrong.

I get your venom but Google says otherwise.

Advertisement
Advertisement

he also pulled in Rozier and Sherriffs. So there's that.

Advertisement
Back