Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Long had more experience on the offensive side of the ball. Actual position coach experience.

Dillingham was a GA in 2016.
Nagy was an offensive quality control coach in 2012 was an NFL team OC in four years, Mcvay was an assistant TE coach in 2010 and a TE coach after that who had never called plays before being promoted to OC in 2014, Jim Bob Cooter was an offensive assistant in 2013 and was OC of an NFL team in 2015, Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant in 2003 and became the pats OC in 2006. The better programs and organizations are usually the ones, who are ahead of the curve on young coaching talent. You are already late when any person sitting at home knows who they are. I'd give Yost, Kingsbury, and Briles a call first but Dillingham isn't some scrub like people seem to be making him out to be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This probably means nothing and I have no idea whom it is - but it's another person Dillinghan is following
Screenshot_20181126-182815_TweetCaster.jpg

Advertisement
Richt would rather quit than to give up play calling (his words when he was first hired at Miami).

Therefore, if he is not going to quit, the next best thing is to bring in someone that can install a new offense (spread). A seasoned OC, who has been calling plays, is not going to take a step back and go back to not calling plays, especially at this current version of Miami.

Getting a "Group of 5" OC, who currently does not call plays, but happens to come from a potent spread offense, which he help design, is a more realistic option. In this context/scenario, Dillingham is a very solid option!
That option will fail.

Nagy was an offensive quality control coach in 2012 was an NFL team OC in four years, Mcvay was an assistant TE coach in 2010 and a TE coach after that who had never called plays before being promoted to OC in 2014, Jim Bob Cooter was an offensive assistant in 2013 and was OC of an NFL team in 2015, Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant in 2003 and became the pats OC in 2006. The better programs and organizations are usually the ones, who are ahead of the curve on young coaching talent. You are already late when any person sitting at home knows who they are.

Agree with your premise but Jim Bob sucks. Stafford has one of the biggest arms in the NFL and he plays in a dink and dunk horizontal offense. It's embarrassing.

Agree with your premise but Jim Bob sucks. Stafford has one of the biggest arms in the NFL and he plays in a dink and dunk horizontal offense. It's embarrassing.

I was more so pointing out that there is going to be coaches who rise quickly up the ranks. Of course, some are not going to work out but that is with any coaching hire even with the coaches who have "more" on their resume. I am not particularly a fan of Jim Bob either.

Advertisement
Interview question #1: Coach, did you know you can move a player across and even back a formation before the snap?

Answer: ‘actually, I’ve seen where you can do it with more than one player; just not at same time.’

You’re hired.

Advertisement
If he's good enough for Kenneth then I might get on board. Definitely a step in right direction following this year's debacles.

Advertisement
That option will fail.
Maybe. I actually don't necessarily disagree with you. However, it's more realistic than thinking Richt will give up play calling. At the end of the day, it's a better option than what currently exist.

Last edited:
But they aren’t qualified though they know the kind of offense and the concept that is used in NCAAF today and can run circles around a head coach who has been doing this for years with multiple Heismann winners and NFL future HOFers to his credit?

Okay. Have a great evening.
Richt hasn’t been an OC or playcaller in over a decade. There’s a reason.

Maybe. I actually don't necessarily disagree with you. However, it's more realistic think thinking Richt will give up play calling. At the end of the day, it's a better option than what currently exist.
Yea I don’t think richt will give up playcalling either.

Advertisement
Back