Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

I believe hes a great offensive coach. He apparently had an explosive offense throwing the football when they had their previous quarterback. This years one is not as good so they lean on their running backs. He ADAPTED to his roster to get the most from his team. Memphis fans love him.

Advertisement
Yep, we'll see. The next 5 years are going to be 100% driven by this hire. Will Richt adapt and hand over duties to a new guy? Or will he hire a JAG coach and still have say in playcalling (as well as Brown and Richt Jr). I think the latter is much more likely but hopeing that Richt sees the writing on the wall and adapts and does not let ego drown him and this program

Playcalling is currently 100% Richt. There was an article on TOS that further confirmed it. If he goes the route of giving up play calling it will be a complete reversal of his current function and a full come about of what he stated when he was hired here. My expectations of significant changes remains very low.

Advertisement
Next years oc.....
YPBFRYWXCXLBJSA.20160103054233.jpg

Advertisement
Page 6 and people still think Dillingham calls the plays.

CiS gonna CiS.
At this point, I'm hoping he would be qb coach and we still bring in a play calling oc. Pipe dream with our dollar tree assistant coaches pay. Time for this admin to pony up so we can compete at the HIGHEST LEVEL. Richt you want a legacy? Demand pay to bring in top assistants.

Advertisement
Richt wants somebody who he can control and not relinquish the whole ordeal to. So bring in a guy he can control. But better than nothin I guess
I doubt it. One thing the guy has seem to do is let the coaches coach. However good or bad it is.

Advertisement
I doubt it. One thing the guy has seem to do is let the coaches coach. However good or bad it is.

You really think richt is gonna let this kid come in and have complete control of the offense and let him call plays? You have a lot more faith than I do. I hope you’re right

Norvell’s last two OCs have left to ND and aTm, in Chip Long and Darrell ****ey.

ND and aTm both finished top 25 in offense this year. Norvell churns out some nice offensive coaches.

Personally, I’ve got my eyes on bigger fish like Briles and Kliff but Dillingham is a bright young guy coming from a head coach with a track record of producing quality OCs.

Dillingham would also serve as the QB coach, and listening to interviews with him, he’s big into a power run game. I think Memphis was top 5 this year in rushing offense because they felt they needed to cater to their stable of backs. In his interviews he preaches flexibility to personnel, and this year proves it’s not just lip service.

He’s not tops on my list but he’s on it.

Advertisement
Back