Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Advertisement
**** pretty sure thats not how twitter works when listing who he follows. LOL.. mine only shows Barry Jackson because i happen to follow Barry Jackson and not Jarren.

Sounds like a major upgrade as a QB coach hire. Y’all are just assuming we are going to have a new OC next year.

Guy comes from a team with a very successful offense, is young, and has a completely different system then what Richi runs. Hate to tell everyone but once you get past your unrealistic expectation there would be nothing bad about this hire.

Advertisement
I like the style of offense Memphis runs. It’s exactly the kind of offense we should be running at Miami, IMO.

If this guy can come in and install that offense, I think it could work.

At this point, I'd take James Coley. He put together a masterful script to start each game. Just had trouble adjusting after the defense adjusted.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Why? If the BOT really has a million plus, they **** sure can. For the most part, they can have their pick and if Rorcht doesn't like it, he can resign or throw a fit.

Let me ask you this: you said earlier that Roman and the other guy on here would run circles around Richt, I assume you mean as an OC and playcaller. Would you support them being hired by Richt to be OC and playcaller?

Advertisement
Memphis OC Kenny Dillingham is still to green coach an elite schools offense.
https://gotigersgo.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1543

David Yost has a better track record for developing QB's.

Why would the Memphis guy be the BOT preferred choice?

OP , Dillingham is fishing for a new job, he is also recently following James Franklin, and Les Miles.

Go Canes
This is why this is a good board. Simple OP, but getting lots of new info. Thanks Paranos.

Check out the Memphis football coach page. He’s been qb coach for the past two Memphis QBs. Not as much experience as others but a good young hire. And he brings that playbook with him.

Memphis' offense is legit. I would love that hire if he were gonna call plays.

However, the more likely scenarios are we are playing them in a bowl game or Jarren Williams is transferring to Memphis.

Advertisement
Let me ask you this: you said earlier that Roman and the other guy on here would run circles around Richt, I assume you mean as an OC and playcaller. Would you support them being hired by Richt to be OC and playcaller?
If you're honestly asking me that, obviously no because of the same reason. They don't have proven experience that merits a that position of a team like Miami, especially with a possibility of paying upwards of a million per year. However, I do believe, more so Roman, they understand spread concepts and more importantly how to utilize those concepts with our skilled playmakers. In that sense, they would run circles around Rorcht.

100% chance he’d be an improvement. The question is, would we improve enough to eclipse a satisfactory level? Who knows.

I wish we would go after somebody with more experience, but beggers can’t be choosers I guess.

Advertisement
Back