Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Advertisement
If you're honestly asking me that, obviously no because of the same reason. They don't have proven experience that merits a that position of a team like Miami, especially with a possibility of paying upwards of a million per year. However, I do believe, more so Roman, they understand spread concepts and more importantly how to utilize those concepts with our skilled playmakers. In that sense, they would run circles around Rorcht.

But they aren’t qualified though they know the kind of offense and the concept that is used in NCAAF today and can run circles around a head coach who has been doing this for years with multiple Heismann winners and NFL future HOFers to his credit?

Okay. Have a great evening.

But they aren’t qualified though they know the kind of offense and the concept that is used in NCAAF today and can run circles around a head coach who has been doing this for years with multiple Heismann winners and NFL future HOFers to his credit?

Okay. Have a great evening.
Bruh just stop. Rorcht corched them in the 90's. Nothing he runs is even close to today's college offenses

Advertisement
Does that mean Barry Jackson is transferring to Memphis too? Asking for a friend..

If we're going with someone who's never called his own plays before, we should go with Frank Ponce from App State. His Miami ties would suit him extremely well in recruiting and in managing these players (kind of like Diaz does with the D). Add to that the fact that he coached a few CISers and he's clearly the top choice. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
QB Coach and OC of a big time offense started following Jarren Williams and Barry Jackson, and has been rumored to be the pick for UMs BOT choice for new OC.
If you don't mind me asking OP, where did you hear this rumor that the BoT was interested in Dillingham?

Advertisement
If he’s a good offensive mind then bring him on. I think our fans fail to realize calling plays, gameplanning is a group effort. That’s why staffs usually travel together. If he’s gonna enhance the O bring him on. Just cause he’s not calling the game doesn’t mean he wasn’t essential to memphis success

Norvell’s last two OCs have left to ND and aTm, in Chip Long and Darrell ****ey.

ND and aTm both finished top 25 in offense this year. Norvell churns out some nice offensive coaches.

Personally, I’ve got my eyes on bigger fish like Briles and Kliff but Dillingham is a bright young guy coming from a head coach with a track record of producing quality OCs.

Dillingham would also serve as the QB coach, and listening to interviews with him, he’s big into a power run game. I think Memphis was top 5 this year in rushing offense because they felt they needed to cater to their stable of backs. In his interviews he preaches flexibility to personnel, and this year proves it’s not just lip service.

He’s not tops on my list but he’s on it.

Nice post.

Advertisement
This was the same knock made against Chip Long when Notre Dame hired him, and now he's a Broyles award finalist.

This would be a fantastic hire.
Long had more experience on the offensive side of the ball. Actual position coach experience.

Dillingham was a GA in 2016.

Advertisement
An offense for playmakers

20181126_182325.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back