MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Quite possibly you are right, but just that land alone would have been a great investment for UM.

However, water under the bridge. We owned most of the parcel that the Miami Zoo is on, sold that, and also didn’t buy doctor’s hospital when we could have, and instead built a monstrous center on Ponce.
you wanted to buy doctor's hospital and convert it to a stadium?

do you play a lot of video games?

Advertisement
you wanted to buy doctor's hospital and convert it to a stadium?

do you play a lot of video games?

No, for the med school. That’s the reason we built the Lenner Medical Center, it would have been much better to incorporate Doctor’s to the campus instead of taking up more space for a new medical center.

But I’m glad you thought that’s what I meant; shows that you fit right in with the rest of the posters here 😛.

I, for one, would gladly pay more to sit on bleachers and bake in the sun.
322743.JPG

I proposed one years back, but it’s slowly being developed so our opportunity is dying. Right behind the South Miami metro station is a 4 block auto shop/tow yard/warehouse area. Similar size to the Marlins Stadium parcel…

Are you referring to where the post office is? If so, it's among the worst suggestions yet.

Advertisement
Guess I’m in the minority here as I despise HRS. I mean it’s fine for the Dolphins, but it’s not great for college football. Them moving all their practice facilities over there along with all the other construction in the area has made getting into games a logistical nightmare. It used to be easily accessible. Not so much anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. The last 2 seasons I’ve never seen games so empty. It’s generally a crappy game day environment and it’s not just because we aren’t winning. There were larger crowds in 2018-2019 when we weren’t much better. I don’t believe crowd numbers listed on 3rd party sites as they’re inaccurate and base numbers off ticket sales vs actual attendance.

If people don’t think game day atmosphere matters to recruits, you’re sorely mistaken.Take a look at the programs who actually compete for championships. All of them pack their venues and their venues are part of their culture. The Orange Bowl was a big part of this programs culture. Heck, Miami is one of the only programs in the country without their own stadium. They’ll soon be the only FBS program in Florida without their own venue.

But regarding a new stadium, I’m not getting my hopes up. It’d be a miracle if Ruiz could get something built at Tropical Park. I think the fact the school hasn’t even acknowledged this potential venue tells you all you need to know about its chances of success.

Whatever is coming in a stadium will NOT be even close to the amenities of a Super Bowl NFL stadium PERIOD.
Even though I’d love to have a stadium at Tropical Park , I know it will be subpar

I could walk to games LOLOL

I assure you fans will be depressed at the tremendous drop off in the surrounding perks and those awesome giant LED 5 K screens that will not be happening in new stadium anywhere let alone sports bars all around the club sections AC COOL.

Hard rock spends millions in every offseason keeping it up to top condition.

Brother you are 🎯🎯🎯 point

GOCANES
The designers of this miracle dream stadium are the same people who designed SoFI stadium in LA. SoFi kicks the absolute crap out of HRS and every venue in the country in terms of innovation and amenities. If (BIG IF) this new stadium were half as nice as SoFI, it’d be significantly better than HRS. HRS really isn’t that great compared to venues in Dallas, LA, NY, and the majority of stadiums built in the last 15 years.

Advertisement
Back then they counted real butts in seats, not tickets sold where most aren't even used nowadays.

We report 30k at a game now, it's 10k max. 50k is 20k, etc.

We have always had empty seats, but it's more prevalent now.

We build a 50k stadium, it's still going to have empty seats except for the big matchups. That's where you lose revenue though as you're out 15k and some change that would've been there. 50k for a big game is a joke.
100000% Absolutely no way have we been averaging 30k/game the past 2 seasons. I’ve been there folks. I can count the heads in certain sections. I’ll say the numbers are closer to 15-20k. FSU will always sellout because it’s FSU + their fans will account for 40% of attendance if not more.

Advertisement
100000% Absolutely no way have we been averaging 30k/game the past 2 seasons. I’ve been there folks. I can count the heads in certain sections. I’ll say the numbers are closer to 15-20k. FSU will always sellout because it’s FSU + their fans will account for 40% of attendance if not more.
At those numbers, is our residency at HRS sustainable into the future? Does attendance matter?

Advertisement
The designers of this miracle dream stadium are the same people who designed SoFI stadium in LA. SoFi kicks the absolute crap out of HRS and every venue in the country in terms of innovation and amenities. If (BIG IF) this new stadium were half as nice as SoFI, it’d be significantly better than HRS. HRS really isn’t that great compared to venues in Dallas, LA, NY, and the majority of stadiums built in the last 15 years.
HRS is almost 40 years old. Of course brand new stadiums are nicer.

I’ve been to SoFi. Like HRS it’s built in an area on the outskirts of town. Englewood is their Miami Gardens.

Advertisement
Back