MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I was just told by a very reputable source that Elon Musk is building a stadium for us on the moon and he’s going to be constructing a vacuum tube like you see in the drive-thru at banks that will suck students from a location on bird road to the moon via the high velocity chute.

Exciting times, boys! Buckle up!
Will we still be able to get Arepas at the Stadium?

Asking for a friend.

Advertisement
Any given racehorse winning the Triple Crown is a long shot. You winning the Triple Crown barefoot is even odds with us getting our own stadium with comparable amenities and ample parking close to campus.
So I guess having a wishful discussion on a free college message board about it is a hard no because why would fun be allowed.

The movement to incorporate stadiums into the center of cities vs. out in the wastelands has been a proven boon. Besides being a local economic stimulus, a stadium at Tropical Park for example, would probably have 25,000 people that could WALK to the games, and another 100k that could bike there or take a 10 minute uber or get dropped off easily, plus public transport etc. Vs. practically ZERO at HRS. Of course only a fraction of them will come each week, which is still something, but it would create a boost and a base to build on, and integrate the team (and the school) deeper into the community. It would absolutely attract new fans and create a much more collegiate atmosphere. Anyone who says differently has an agenda or was dropped on their head too many times. That's the proven blueprint.

This doesn't even take into affect how much more convenient it would be for the 34,000 employees and students at the U to attend.

I think we would draw an extra 10k per game once we found our footing (70k-80k more tickets sold per season). Gameday would light up the southern part of Miami, it wouldn't be isolated to an industrial wasteland next to the turnpike like HRH. People would feel it. Each week would be an event with aftershocks that didn't live in a bubble.
Soooo tropical park with Ruiz still on the table orrrrr?

My sauces tell me that the stadium was a done deal, land designated, funding secured, ground ready to break, and then news of TVD to Bama surfaced and everyone pulled out over fear Miami Football was folding...........
Hot Sauce Food GIF by Cholula Hot Sauce

Advertisement
dead for good?

finally. now we can stop w the unrealistic ones. BUT HE HIRED AN ARCHITECT FIRM. i could hire one too and prepare a mock lol.

there are spots where we could talk about a stadium but it wont be closer to the campus nor would it differ that much in distance from HRS. it would be ours though

finally. now we can stop w the unrealistic ones. BUT HE HIRED AN ARCHITECT FIRM. i could hire one too and prepare a mock lol.

there are spots where we could talk about a stadium but it wont be closer to the campus nor would it differ that much in distance from HRS. it would be ours though
This is pretty much what I've said regarding building a stadium for years now. If UM does ever build their own stadium, it's still going to be nowhere near UM. It likely won't even be in the city of Miami unless Marlins Park gets renovated for football use one day. It would be great for the school to have their own place but the pie in the sky dreams about building one anywhere near campus are exactly that.

Advertisement
Just take the Orange Bowl design and build it to current codes with larger bathrooms and food areas. Luxury boxes can be added in, with a 10 year contract for users. Don't need a dome or retractable roof, etc. 55,000 seat capacity with a return to the real "West End Zone" and the other end zone open. Build it for less than $150 million. Let Miami high schools play in it like the original Orange Bowl.

Just take the Orange Bowl design and build it to current codes with larger bathrooms and food areas. Luxury boxes can be added in, with a 10 year contract for users. Don't need a dome or retractable roof, etc. 55,000 seat capacity with a return to the real "West End Zone" and the other end zone open. Build it for less than $150 million. Let Miami high schools play in it like the original Orange Bowl.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

How many Lego bricks are you going to use?

This is pretty much what I've said regarding building a stadium for years now. If UM does ever build their own stadium, it's still going to be nowhere near UM. It likely won't even be in the city of Miami unless Marlins Park gets renovated for football use one day. It would be great for the school to have their own place but the pie in the sky dreams about building one anywhere near campus are exactly that.
that will never happen after spending over $3B and the taxpayers still on the hook for over $2.5B. plus nothing can happen with that stadium or the team until 20 plus more years and you are going to spend a billion dollars to redo a three billion dollar stadium. it is either homestead or nw miami dade county, both just as far as HRS

Advertisement
I, for one, would gladly pay more to sit on bleachers and bake in the sun.

Wait, did someone say build it for less than $150 million. That amount is the site survey plus initial drawings. Lol, start at $1billion+ and go up from there. Not counting land. This is South Florida, not Tempe.

Advertisement
that will never happen after spending over $3B and the taxpayers still on the hook for over $2.5B. plus nothing can happen with that stadium or the team until 20 plus more years and you are going to spend a billion dollars to redo a three billion dollar stadium. it is either homestead or nw miami dade county, both just as far as HRS
which is what we've been telling everyone lol. HRS location wise is as convenient as you're gonna get for the bulk of your fans. I wish we had our own home to get real end zones and permanent signage in the stadium, but that won't happen in Miami ever again

Advertisement
Back