MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Do we consider Pittsburgh an elite football program? I mean we’re 7-3 against them since they joined the ACC and have won 4 out of the last 5.
Sure, historically they're elite. Won a natty in 1976, with a half dozen or more NCs claimed in the old leather helmet days. Recently, they've done somenthing we've never done, win an ACC Championship.

Advertisement
Sure, historically they're elite. Won a natty in 1976, with a half dozen or more NCs claimed in the old leather helmet days. Recently, they've done somenthing we've never done, win an ACC Championship.
1 solid season in 50 years doesn’t make you an elite program in my book. I guess we have to call Duke and Army elite football programs because they were good 60+ years ago or something. College football is an entire different animal than it was in the 1970’s. Even the 80’s and 90’s. Completely different beast. BCS era until now is what I consider the modern era of CFB. Landscape is still vastly different from the early 00’s. Programs like FIU, FAU, USF, and UCF didn’t even play FBS ball or exist yet. Now they’d kick our ***.

1 solid season in 50 years doesn’t make you an elite program in my book. I guess we have to call Duke and Army elite football programs because they were good 60+ years ago or something. College football is an entire different animal than it was in the 1970’s. Even the 80’s and 90’s. Completely different beast. BCS era until now is what I consider the modern era of CFB. Landscape is still vastly different from the early 00’s. Programs like FIU, FAU, USF, and UCF didn’t even play FBS ball or exist yet. Now they’d kick our ***.
So ... by your standards, MIami isn't an elite program. Haven't won squat in 22 years and most of the Canes NCs were 30+ yrs ago.

Advertisement
Guess I’m in the minority here as I despise HRS. I mean it’s fine for the Dolphins, but it’s not great for college football. Them moving all their practice facilities over there along with all the other construction in the area has made getting into games a logistical nightmare. It used to be easily accessible. Not so much anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. The last 2 seasons I’ve never seen games so empty. It’s generally a crappy game day environment and it’s not just because we aren’t winning. There were larger crowds in 2018-2019 when we weren’t much better. I don’t believe crowd numbers listed on 3rd party sites as they’re inaccurate and base numbers off ticket sales vs actual attendance.

If people don’t think game day atmosphere matters to recruits, you’re sorely mistaken.Take a look at the programs who actually compete for championships. All of them pack their venues and their venues are part of their culture. The Orange Bowl was a big part of this programs culture. Heck, Miami is one of the only programs in the country without their own stadium. They’ll soon be the only FBS program in Florida without their own venue.

But regarding a new stadium, I’m not getting my hopes up. It’d be a miracle if Ruiz could get something built at Tropical Park. I think the fact the school hasn’t even acknowledged this potential venue tells you all you need to know about its chances of success.
Pretty much hit this on the head. I think Hard Rock sucks too, in terms of game experience. Only the tailgating is good.

HRS is almost 40 years old. Of course brand new stadiums are nicer.

I’ve been to SoFi. Like HRS it’s built in an area on the outskirts of town. Englewood is their Miami Gardens.
Inglewood is not remotely our Miami Gardens. L.A City is 2 minutes away in u go East, 4 mins away if u go North, 5 mins away if u go West. Pasadena would be likened Miami Gardens.

Guess I’m in the minority here as I despise HRS. I mean it’s fine for the Dolphins, but it’s not great for college football. Them moving all their practice facilities over there along with all the other construction in the area has made getting into games a logistical nightmare. It used to be easily accessible. Not so much anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for years. The last 2 seasons I’ve never seen games so empty. It’s generally a crappy game day environment and it’s not just because we aren’t winning. There were larger crowds in 2018-2019 when we weren’t much better. I don’t believe crowd numbers listed on 3rd party sites as they’re inaccurate and base numbers off ticket sales vs actual attendance.

If people don’t think game day atmosphere matters to recruits, you’re sorely mistaken.Take a look at the programs who actually compete for championships. All of them pack their venues and their venues are part of their culture. The Orange Bowl was a big part of this programs culture. Heck, Miami is one of the only programs in the country without their own stadium. They’ll soon be the only FBS program in Florida without their own venue.

But regarding a new stadium, I’m not getting my hopes up. It’d be a miracle if Ruiz could get something built at Tropical Park. I think the fact the school hasn’t even acknowledged this potential venue tells you all you need to know about its chances of success.

What band poster did you used to be?

Inglewood is not remotely our Miami Gardens. L.A City is 2 minutes away in u go East, 4 mins away if u go North, 5 mins away if u go West. Pasadena would be likened Miami Gardens.
Regardless, it’s not near any type of city center and you’re only going there if you’re going to the stadium or LAX

Advertisement
Regardless, it’s not near any type of city center and you’re only going there if you’re going to the stadium or LAX
U do realize I’m from here & live out here, don’t u? What r u talking about? Bruh, pls don’t speak on chit u don’t know. I f w/ u, but there was a strategic reason y they chose that site vs. Downtown L.A. The two are not remotely the same scenario. Inglewood has hella restaurants, clubs, jazz lounges, cigar lounges that’s been in movies, & reality TV shows. It’s literally nothing like Miami Gardens & where HRS is located.

U do realize I’m from here & live out here, don’t u? What r u talking about? Bruh, pls don’t speak on chit u don’t know. I f w/ u, but there was a strategic reason y they chose that site vs. Downtown L.A. The two are not remotely the same scenario. Inglewood has hella restaurants, clubs, jazz lounges, cigar lounges that’s been in movies, & reality TV shows. It’s literally nothing like Miami Gardens & where HRS is located.
Ironic post.

Ironic post.

No, the irony is that I’ve asked ?’s, homie. The irony is that many would’ve considered my second & third homes Vegas & Miami in my youth. If u checked my post history, I actually asked ?’s to those who live out there. ****, I even asked if the surrounding areas of HRS still not developed to provide dining & further activities after the game which many replied no, it has not.

Ur point of trying to compare Miami Gardena & where HRS is located vs. where SoFi is located is off. Just say ur bad & move on, but don’t actually try to tell the **** who ACTUALLY lives here what goes on in the immediate surrounding area. I gave u a perfect example of The Rose Bowl being like HRS, but instead of u taking that bone (pause), like other dogmatic porsters on here, u just have to be right.

What is amusing about this thread is, if they built a stadium tomorrow. there would be other threads started about how bad the new stadium was in regards to traffic, attendance, prices, location, etc., etc.

Advertisement
So ... by your standards, MIami isn't an elite program. Haven't won squat in 22 years and most of the Canes NCs were 30+ yrs ago.
Correct. I don’t consider Miami an elite program anymore. When no one on your roster has any recollection of Miami competing for titles, that’s the first sign. Kids today want to play in the SEC and I don’t blame them. They don’t want to play in front of nobody in an empty stadium in dog fights with Duke.

Pretty much hit this on the head. I think Hard Rock sucks too, in terms of game experience. Only the tailgating is good.
It was a lot better until Ross installed the freaking F1 garages, permanent buildings and fences with black wind screens that force football fans to walk all over the place to get to specific gates. What was a 'fan friendly' parking lot is now a nightmare.

Advertisement
@HarpDawg - since you disagree, and I can’t fathom how - please please please - enlighten me. Tell me why I’m wrong in saying that:

“in an ideal world, a college team should play near the college.”

???

👀

He’s been doing the same thing to me when I’m asking ?’s. Lol

Usually I would call out someone like that, but I no longer care.

He’s been doing the same thing to me when I’m asking ?’s. Lol

Usually I would call out someone like that, but I no longer care.
Oh I’ve never seen that. I can fix that if he doesn’t respond. I’ve got a pocket full of tools.

@HarpDawg - don’t just disagree and ignore the questions. Answer the questions @Rellyrell and I asked you.

Oh I’ve never seen that. I hate that. I can fix that if he doesn’t respond. I’ve got a pocket full of tools.

@HarpDawg - don’t just disagree and ignore the questions. Answer the questions @Rellyrell and I asked you.

I didn’t ask him, her, them, it anything. Lol.

I asked a general question to the board as to when did the stadium attendance #’s become juked, b/c clearly what’s announced vs. who’s there is different. I was literally asking a ?, w/ many discussions that came about from it. They came in today & just started disagreeing. Lol.

I didn’t ask him, her, them, it anything. Lol.

I asked a general question to the board as to when did the stadium attendance #’s become juked, b/c clearly what’s announced vs. who’s there is different. I was literally asking a ?, w/ many discussions that came about from it. They came in today & just started disagreeing. Lol.
That’s very troll-like. Now I must have answers.

4C76112C-8941-4621-B888-9D1B359EF669.gif

@HarpDawg you’re on the clock.

tic toc tic toc tic toc

Advertisement
Back