MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I was just down there a week ago. Unless someone is going to buy up acres of already developed properties and bulldoze the whole thing, it's not possible.
TP is really the only spot down there. unfortunately, that may not happen along with the PR mess the school would have to get into to pay off politicians to use more public land for private use.

Advertisement
TP is really the only spot down there. unfortunately, that may not happen along with the PR mess the school would have to get into to pay off politicians to use more public land for private use.

As far as near the campus, you’re right, and that’s not walking distance, even though some people here tried to claim that it was.

As far as near the campus, you’re right, and that’s not walking distance, even though some people here tried to claim that it was.
lol it def isnt walking distance let alone kids from UM walking. they dont even recommend you walking across US1 when you move into the dorms freshmen year due to the drivers. now youre asking a bunch of drunk people walking miles to get to a stadium lol.

Can somebody please let me know when we get around to floating the idea of Chicken Key as possible location?

i like him throwing money around as if it doenst have to come from somewhere.

she was a good fundraiser (donna) but building stuff on your OWN property is very diff from buying out land somewhere in the county that fits the parameters that CIS wants (close to campus which is stupid considering the students barely make up any percentage of your attendance at games and they care the least amongst all parties) along with getting the county to allow the sale of that land if it isnt private. there are very few private land spaces left in the county and whatever is left is insanely expensive as developers are bidding for it from all over. i dont see the school going that route esp for a building that will only house 6-7 games a year.
No, the money comes from somewhere. Obviously. The 3B Shalala raised didn't appear magically. It took work. Hard work. As would a stadium. I'm not naive to that. I just happen to think it's possible (maybe not probable, soon) and like to call out the hand-waving.

And, the concerns of "students" - the ones that attend games - is pretty low on the list of issues. Other than the fact that current students become alumni i.e. donors (though not necessarily season ticket holders), so maybe they should have at least some say in the matter, but I digress. The concerns of the students who play in the games, though, that's another story.

Advertisement
lol it def isnt walking distance let alone kids from UM walking. they dont even recommend you walking across US1 when you move into the dorms freshmen year due to the drivers. now youre asking a bunch of drunk people walking miles to get to a stadium lol.
As someone who crosses US-1 on foot everyday it’s a nightmare, there is a reason they built an elevated walkway over US-1, never trust a SFL driver. Asking anyone to walk 2.5+ miles to TP is a nightmare waiting to happen considering ever one is hammered. Even with good ped only paths it’s a bad idea

No, the money comes from somewhere. Obviously. The 3B Shalala raised didn't appear magically. It took work. Hard work. As would a stadium. I'm not naive to that. I just happen to think it's possible (maybe not probable, soon) and like to call out the hand-waving.

And, the concerns of "students" - the ones that attend games - is pretty low on the list of issues. Other than the fact that current students become alumni i.e. donors (though not necessarily season ticket holders), so maybe they should have at least some say in the matter, but I digress. The concerns of the students who play in the games, though, that's another story.
I would say students is a level two priority, considering the stadium is supposed to tailor to the university. But there isn’t much more the university can provide. I mean they already get free tickets, free shuttle, a free water, point system.

Only thing they could do to get more students is to win, and campaign for better stadium access (whether that by TP or Train to HRS)

As someone who crosses US-1 on foot everyday it’s a nightmare, there is a reason they built an elevated walkway over US-1, never trust a SFL driver. Asking anyone to walk 2.5+ miles to TP is a nightmare waiting to happen considering ever one is hammered. Even with good ped only paths it’s a bad idea

you mean 25,0000 fans won´t walk on the north side of miller road, then cross over to the south side of miller road when the sidewalk ends and then cross back over to the north side to enter the park, all the while toting their barbecues, coolers, chairs, tents, TVs, stereos, bags of food, bongs, dildoes, liquor etc. six times a year? and then stumble back over to or near campus? SHOCKING INSIGHT.

let @Cryptical Envelopment and The Rock know.

you mean 25,0000 fans won´t walk on the north side of miller road, then cross over to the south side of miller road when the sidewalk ends and then cross back over to the north side to enter the park, all the while toting their barbecues, coolers, chairs, tents, TVs, stereos, bags of food, bongs, dildoes, liquor etc. six times a year? and then stumble back over to or near campus? SHOCKING INSIGHT.

let @Cryptical Envelopment and The Rock know.

If you're still running with the fake someone said "25,000 fans will walk to UM games" thing, it makes you either an idiot, an illiterate, or both. My money is on both, btw. We already know you're an angry misogynist who got banned for attacking a girl here, and now you are doing it again (read and process @djnellz's reply to you earlier if you don't get it). Isn't that rep enough to carry?

Advertisement
If you're still running with the fake someone said "25,000 fans will walk to UM games" thing, it makes you either an idiot, an illiterate, or both. My money is on both, btw. We already know you're an angry misogynist who got banned for attacking a girl here, and now you are doing it again (read and process @djnellz's reply to you earlier if you don't get it). Isn't that rep enough to carry?
don't be so angry, no matter what you say, i'm not going to tell you @Brooklyndee's real name.

and i'm not a misogynist because i called her what i called her, which was a mistake on my part.

but the people that go to games aren't there which is what everyone is trying to tell people.
People in Miami are from somewhere else. They don't give up on their teams, they are not Miami fans.
We have to Grow a fan base.
IMO, where better than in Miami?..

Advertisement
this is buying the land that the school doesn't own bc there is no space on campus and on top of that construction costs. its gonna be a well over 1 billion project once its all said and done If RSAs land value estimates are correct and no reasons why they wouldn't be considering his day job.
Yup, I say north of $2B.

Northwestern's gonna tear down their existing 47K seat stadium, to build a state of the art 35K seat stadium, and that's going to cost them $800M dollars. And with cost overruns with projects like that I can easily see it ballooning to over $1B, and that's in Evanston, Illinois!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are told we aren’t allowed to have the argument at all, because it’s a long shot.
Any given racehorse winning the Triple Crown is a long shot. You winning the Triple Crown barefoot is even odds with us getting our own stadium with comparable amenities and ample parking close to campus.

don't be so angry, no matter what you say, i'm not going to tell you @Brooklyndee's real name.

and i'm not a misogynist because i called her what i called her, which was a mistake on my part.

Huh? Weirdo. No one is angry, you've just become boring and predicable, and proven what an *** you are. Which is why you got banned, for attacking a girl and calling her misogynistic names. You were literally removed from this site for that, for being that much of an angry POS who attacks girls online. Clown.

Your need to try to lie and twist what people say on here to create a way for you to create drama implies a mental defect. So you kind of answered a big question, thanks.

I can’t think of a single land parcel where you could build a stadium that’s within ANY walking distance from campus. I just don’t believe that land exists. If I’m wrong, somebody tell me where that is.

There isn't. Not one. You're correct, and, where there is land, it will require a referendum, which IMO, makes all of this a non-starter.

Advertisement
Back