Meanwhile in Baton Rouge...

I think Mario would recruit more than fine at UM, even better than Oregon after a couple of good seasons, the offensive philosophy is what worries me the most.

But, as @DMoney said if Mario (or Stoops) comes it means that he received the proper resources and a totally different commitment from the administration which is a VERY good sign.

Having said that, I don't think we could endure a "slow build" and, even if I'd be glad to have Mario or Stoops, I'd rather have an established offensive guru.

Let's put it this way, for me: Kiffin/Freeze*>Mario/Stoops>Herman>every hot G5 candidate

*I know that UM won't ever entertain the idea of bringing Freeze, but a man can dream.
If Miami hires an AD who’s worth anything, they could hire Cristobal and have him make changes to his offensive scheme. I know that’s a different scenario but if they are willing to commit a ton of resources to him tie stipulations into it.

Advertisement
Bro, He installed a spread offense at FIU while we were still running the "Pro Style Bro", and Justin Herbert had His best season under Cristobal. As far as Oregon's O this year, I think He's just adapting to the limitations of His QB, and they're still winning despite what happened in Palo Alto. And I keep hearing Mario runs the ball too much, but guess what, Chip Kelly ran the ball waaaaaaay more than Him, go back and look at the numbers. If anything, Mario's history shows an ability to adapt than being married to a certain philosophy or a scheme.
Oregon fans and media are not happy with the lack of deep passing downfield and the misuse of all their receiving threats.

You’re right though, Anthony Brown is a very limited QB.

Mario+spread offense/Air Raid would be perfect for UM.

That's a great analysis. The Cristobal angle was right on the money. Granted Cristobal has improved considerably over the past 8 years. He isn't the same guy who got fired by FIU.

Cristobal is a better coach than a Franklin and 10x the recruiter

Cristobal would also never hire Stubble****as a WR coach

And Cristobal wouldn’t attempt to cover up rape

Cristobal is a better coach than a Franklin and 10x the recruiter

Cristobal would also never hire Stubble****as a WR coach

And Cristobal wouldn’t attempt to cover up rape
I don't get your point. When did I say Cristobal was a Franklin clone? I certainly can't remember.

Advertisement
National Sugar Cookie Day GIF

Bring me the Cookie Monster as DL coach and Le Mouffette as Strength & Conditioning coach. That would be a huge upgrade over what we currently have.
The BOT would hire Freeze before they bring the cookie monster back to Miami.

Thank you so much for the answers. I would tend to agree with you. Cristobal imo could work if he is smart enough to realize that we need that X's and O's offensive guru as his OC and went that route. You think Cristobal would have a tough time recruiting here and that it would be harder here in that capacity than at Oregon? Interesting. Thoughts on a guy like Matt Campbell? He could be good at PSU or Michigan if they ax Harbaugh. Or maybe a job like Oklahoma.

PS. Not so sure on Herman. I've heard some cringe worthy stuff about him and I don't mean the fact that he's arrogant. I'm talking stuff that will makes your toes curl. Toes curl. Don't need that headache. I'm all for Kiffin, Freeze and I absolutely love Jeff Traylor.
True...there are quite a few things about Herman that would be no Bueno if he was in Miami...its been discussed on other posts
All about Lane Train.. Freeze would be amazing but would not even get a courtesy call.

Advertisement
I never understood why so many considered him a real good coach...honestly never saw it with him....seen more than a few games that he has been just dreadful.
He talks a good game. Like the Al Golden welcoming press conference. Then games are played and the fans are like WTF is he doing. Then the bravado becomes obnoxious

Advertisement
The thing is that Campbell is at one of the worst places to recruit and get big time players to go there. When he got there it was literally a bottom 5 football school...like UMASS level bad....
The thing about guys like that is I worry about them being known to big time recruits in the south. I feel like he’d lose recruiting battles not being a known commodity

If Miami hires an AD who’s worth anything, they could hire Cristobal and have him make changes to his offensive scheme. I know that’s a different scenario but if they are willing to commit a ton of resources to him tie stipulations into it.

What on earth makes you think Mario is going to go against what he knows and what he's been doing and move to an aggressive offensive scheme? Do you know how long it took Saban to finally adjust HIS offense to keep pace with the game? Who knows, maybe Mario would install an aggressive aerial attack but based on who he is (former OL), I HIGHLY doubt it. He's motivated by trenches, defense and running the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back