Meanwhile in Baton Rouge...

Advertisement
LSU is the kind of school that got a taste of success for the first time in a half century and then started thinking they were Bama. UF has had similar issues. A lot of these schools, who for the most part were also rans for most of the 20th century now think that everyone should line up to coach them. They can throw money at the problem, but a lot of coaches are wary of dealing with unrealistic expectations and donors that try to run the program.

Advertisement
He's right, he'd be dumb to leave A&M. They are about to close STRONG in December.
I already laid it out a page back in this thread, but TAMU gave him the largest contract in college football history.

They’re in a much better position moving forward than LSU is as of right now, so leaving TAMU would be like leaving Oregon to go to Miami lol... J/K, nah it would be like if Dabo left Clemson to go coach to South Carolina.

The top 3 candidates have been Franklin, Jumbo & Napier.

The LSU boosters are split between the more stable pick in Napier & the splash hires in guys like Franklin & Jumbo.

Ultimately I think Franklin will be the pick, the Scott Woodward connection with Jumbo is pretty strong, but there’s no way LSU can top TAMU’s contract for Jumbo.

He’s making $7.5mill a year off a 10 year $75million dollar contract, LSU would have to give him a $80-100mill & there’s no way they would do that.
FAKE NEWS.

Blake Baker is their only candidate.

Advertisement
That's a really good answer. I'm not sure he's there forever, but I don't think he leaves until it's clear that they can't compete in the SEC West
Saban at Dolphins post-game presser podium: I am not a HC candidate for the University of Alabama.

Saban leves podium, walks through doorway to another podium.

Saban: I'm excited in taking on the role of HC at the University of Alabama. Its the only job I want.

Saban at Dolphins post-game presser podium: I am not a HC candidate for the University of Alabama.

Saban leves podium, walks through doorway to another podium.

Saban: I'm excited in taking on the role of HC at the University of Alabama. Its the only job I want.
For sure, it can happen, he even acknowledges that people will not believe him, but thought the answer was at least interesting and reasonable

LSU is the kind of school that got a taste of success for the first time in a half century and then started thinking they were Bama. UF has had similar issues. A lot of these schools, who for the most part were also rans for most of the 20th century now think that everyone should line up to coach them. They can throw money at the problem, but a lot of coaches are wary of dealing with unrealistic expectations and donors that try to run the program.
Lsu has won 2 ships in last 15 years

Advertisement
Lsu has won 2 ships in last 15 years
Yes, but before then, they were nothing for most of the last century. LSU hasn't had the multigeneration success that places like OU, Alabama, USC and other powers have had. However, if you listen to LSU people, you'd think they have been a power for decades.

I already laid it out a page back in this thread, but TAMU gave him the largest contract in college football history.

They’re in a much better position moving forward than LSU is as of right now, so leaving TAMU would be like leaving Oregon to go to Miami lol... J/K, nah it would be like if Dabo left Clemson to go coach to South Carolina.
I told everyone when Coach O got fired Jimbo wouldn’t even get a call and he hasn’t and won’t get one…he acted like an arrogant prick ( about his usual) during the last search and ****ed off Woodward who can’t stand him…..he will never coach at LSU as long as Woodward is there…

Yes, but before then, they were nothing for most of the last century. LSU hasn't had the multigeneration success that places like OU, Alabama, USC and other powers have had. However, if you listen to LSU people, you'd think they have been a power for decades.
Sounds familiar

Advertisement
Sounds familiar
Fundamental difference between Miami and LSU: The typical rational Miami fan understands that there are legit obstacles in the way and that we have to have realistic expectations. Most of us understand that the "Decade of Dominance" isn't happening again, but we can be a solid Top 10-15 program with the occasional CFP appearance. LSU, they don't think that. They think they are Bama and while they have immense resources and local support, they are also a program that is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Advertisement
Back