McGhee Decommits from Tennessee

Advertisement
We have a silent from a portal kid who hasn’t even committed to the portal...next level stuff right there
This goes on everywhere , we had guys reach out through intermediaries before entering to see if there’s interest. No direct contact. Every school has kids reaching out before entering the portal.

Advertisement
This goes on everywhere , we had guys reach out through intermediaries before. No direct contact. Every school has kids reaching out before entering.
Well, I am sure you wont reveal who it is, but are you happy with the portal kid? Answer can be yes or no, if you want.

Advertisement
I have to assume it was on a past missed target whose wanting to double back

That makes sense, but it seems reasonable to be careful about assumptions. If certain people are saying we won't be able to guess, that might rule out a prior target.

Might be someone with a connection to a current UM player, like an old HS teammate. Anyhow, that's my wild-a$$ guess.

Advertisement
Whenever I see these talks about a portal CB, I immediately think about blades tweeting out to UM fans to stop talking **** to Samuel (after committing to FSU) because we “might need him one day” or something to that affect.

Yeah, I remember that kind of stuff.

Since you are up in Jax, are you hearing anything on the USF portal kid (Oak Leaf HS)?

That makes sense, but it seems reasonable to be careful about assumptions. If certain people are saying we won't be able to guess, that might rule out a prior target.

Might be someone with a connection to a current UM player, like an old HS teammate. Anyhow, that's my wild-a$$ guess.
Yup, would be too easy to simply look at the past say 2 seasons and see a big time kid that insiders would say we would be very happy with.

Im glad it seems the staff has a plan with legit targets that can play here. Just need to close

Advertisement
Yeah, I remember that kind of stuff.

Since you are up in Jax, are you hearing anything on the USF portal kid (Oak Leaf HS)?
I’m not hearing anything, not nearly as plugged in as I was once around here. I got a lot of feedback about Nick Roberts when he was in HS because my brother in law was playing at the same time. I know he LOVED UM when he was committed, I was a fan of him then, and I’d be happy if we got him. But I have no clue where he’s looking at this time around.

I do know the kid is a competitor though.

Advertisement
Back