McDermott commits to Canes Maybe

He's an early commit I have no concerns about either.

With McDermott and Darling I think that's going to end up the top OT haul in the country and, you never want to say "locks", but I think both guys are 100% firm in their commitments to the program. They will be out there recruiting for us rather than taking visits and him-hawing around.

best OT class in nation : check
best RB class in nation : 1/3 complete
best DT class in nation : next priority

do you think valentine commits with Clark? or are we looking more clark and moten?

Advertisement

With McDermott and Darling I think that's going to end up the top OT haul in the country and, you never want to say "locks", but I think both guys are 100% firm in their commitments to the program. They will be out there recruiting for us rather than taking visits and him-hawing around.

do you think valentine commits with Clark? or are we looking more clark and moten?

We are looking all 3. I already am leery of Valentine and quite frankly won't be fooled again on this one...he is Super Keith.

JMO but I don't think Valentine is much of an option, right now anyway. Moten is already starting with the drama so I am more focused on Clark. He has been taking his situation in stride and we should be able to lock him down.

We are looking all 3. I already am leery of Valentine and quite frankly won't be fooled again on this one...he is Super Keith.

true ill wait till that letter comes in the fax machine before i jump for joy on him already decommitted twice

If it's one thing you can count on with great DLinemen, its drama and grade issues. So either way there's no sense in getting too wrapped up in them right now, though Clark does seem like an exception to the rule.

Advertisement
What do you guys think of DT's that aren't major recruits in SouthFlorida but then they blow up the Golden Camp and Blow up their senior seasons. Would you take a 1 year wonder or would you rather the sustained success recruit over 2-3years?

What do you guys think of DT's that aren't major recruits in SouthFlorida but then they blow up the Golden Camp and Blow up their senior seasons. Would you take a 1 year wonder or would you rather the sustained success recruit over 2-3years?

The nature of high schoolers this big is that some of the guys who do it for years in high school get caught at the next level because they are no longer bigger than everyone or no longer able to just push people around. If you can come in and impress the coaches in person enough to warrant an offer that is pretty good in my eyes, regardless of ranking. DTs have a huge bust rate which to me makes ratings less meaningful. Just my take.

The person who broke this commit (Josh Darrow) also broke the Yearby news. He works for WQAM, is a radio broadcaster for the Miami Hurricanes and has direct connections on the staff.

If he says it, bank on it.

Just an FYI...Josh is a real good friend of mine and he is always pretty cautious about these things. His source is standing by the commitment.

Advertisement
Wow. I must say I am shocked. This is one of those commits that is a GREAT pickup and whats even greater is that he is not gonna waver. None of this, "Oh yeah, im committed, but I still am going to take all 5 visits. So I guess im committed..Umm..I dont know. Next question." Those kids just ware on me. Seems like he comes from a good family. (Per the article in the other thread). So him being wishy-washy is definitely not gonna go down. Esp with the kind of dad he has. Great day so far. Get Sony on board and we can go into the season feeling **** good about how the class is getting started..

The person who broke this commit (Josh Darrow) also broke the Yearby news. He works for WQAM, is a radio broadcaster for the Miami Hurricanes and has direct connections on the staff.

Just an FYI...Josh is a real good friend of mine and he is always pretty cautious about these things. His source is standing by the commitment.

I don't understand why he would announce this publicly when KC has a press conference in 4 days. Its one thing to break news, its another to **** up a kid's big moment.

If a guy does great in camp he is a take. But athletic 270+ football players in South Florida are usually found by the time spring evals are done

Advertisement

Why can´t he just keep it to himself? If KCWanted it to be out there already, surely he would have broken the news.

Another insider was just born

Advertisement
All the appropriate GIFS so far. We're just missing the black dude in the hot tub with the chicks.

160.gif

Advertisement
Back