McDermott commits to Canes Maybe

Advertisement
maybe golden wants him to do. more pub for the program. show other top south florida recruits UM is where its gonna be at.

Advertisement
Per ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/135210/kc-mcdermott

He is announcing supposedly on Tuesday. Hopefully he picks us! I'm pretty confident about that. Go CANES!:stormwarning:

To read the complete article you need to be an ESPN insider which I'm not but w e the title and caption gives all the info away.

..or he did commit and both he and his family wanted to announce it at a Tuesday press conference that had already been arraigned.

Man, Eddie Johnson beating up Lacrosse players, press conferences being charged with crimes.

265.jpg

Per ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/135210/kc-mcdermott

He is announcing supposedly on Tuesday. Hopefully he picks us! I'm pretty confident about that. Go CANES!:stormwarning:

To read the complete article you need to be an ESPN insider which I'm not but w e the title and caption gives all the info away.

..or he did commit and both he and his family wanted to announce it at a Tuesday press conference that had already been arraigned.

Man, Eddie Johnson beating up Lacrosse players, press conferences being charged with crimes.

265.jpg

Internet English like Yiddish to Hebrew.

The person who broke this commit (Josh Darrow) also broke the Yearby news. He works for WQAM, is a radio broadcaster for the Miami Hurricanes and has direct connections on the staff.

If he says it, bank on it.

Just an FYI...Josh is a real good friend of mine and he is always pretty cautious about these things. His source is standing by the commitment.

I don't like this. I don't like leaks from inside the program. We've had problems with leaks before. DJ Williams delayed his announcement due to leaks. I don't know if they've ever caused us to lose a recruit but don't want to try.

In addition, if somebody is leaking it to the media it is very likely a violation of NCAA rules, and could cost us a recruit. Coaches are not supposed to discuss "prospective student athletes" publicly and if they confide to a person in the press, and that person goes ahead and makes it public, it is probably the same as making public statements about a recruit.

In fact, this is from Article 13 of the NCAA Division 1 Manual:

13.10.2 Comments Before signing. Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National
Letter of Intent or an institution’s written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete’s ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution’s team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete’s signing with that institution. [D] (Revised: 1/14/97)

The last thing we need now is new problems with the NCAA, especially over a leak of information over a highly coveted recruit. This is so stupid. This guy Darrow should keep his mouth shut if he cares about the program. He's selfish since he's taking stuff that might be coming from the athletic department and running with it to serve his own interests as a reporter.

Negged.

Advertisement
The person who broke this commit (Josh Darrow) also broke the Yearby news. He works for WQAM, is a radio broadcaster for the Miami Hurricanes and has direct connections on the staff. If he says it, bank on it.
Just an FYI...Josh is a real good friend of mine and he is always pretty cautious about these things. His source is standing by the commitment.
I don't like this. I don't like leaks from inside the program. We've had problems with leaks before. DJ Williams delayed his announcement due to leaks. I don't know if they've ever caused us to lose a recruit but don't want to try. In addition, if somebody is leaking it to the media it is very likely a violation of NCAA rules, and could cost us a recruit. Coaches are not supposed to discuss "prospective student athletes" publicly and if they confide to a person in the press, and that person goes ahead and makes it public, it is probably the same as making public statements about a recruit.In fact, this is from Article 13 of the NCAA Division 1 Manual:13.10.2 Comments Before signing. Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution’s written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete’s ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution’s team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete’s signing with that institution. [D] (Revised: 1/14/97)The last thing we need now is new problems with the NCAA, especially over a leak of information over a highly coveted recruit. This is so stupid. This guy Darrow should keep his mouth shut if he cares about the program. He's selfish since he's taking stuff that might be coming from the athletic department and running with it to serve his own interests as a reporter.
Lmfao Miami isn't going get in trouble for some dude spilling the beans that a kid committed. Geez.

cant wait till tuesday... big big big big time get if we get him... him and Darling in this class early.. taking care of the tackles would be real good

Advertisement
When K.c. commits, we will have Him, Alin, Darling, and Yearby out recruiting for us. With K.c and Yearby being five star south florida talents, this is going to be HUGE for us for this class and next years class. HUGE.

Advertisement
Sorry if already asked but did it say anywhere around what time this "official" announcement will take place

Advertisement
Back