McCormick Usage

I'm sure defensive coordinators would love it if Cam was only in on running plays and Arroyo only came in on passing play
I remember saying this a few times and talking with people about it when Cam was having some good games

I was just wondering what would happen when it’s just telegraphed so much

It was one play but I liked when we did the RPO pass to Colbie I think for the first down at the end of the game. We brought in McCoy and the big line and Clemson loaded up. Only dumb part was running it to the short side of the field but I liked the idea

Advertisement
He can be a useful player in certain situations but why is this dude on the field every play? Dawson even has him splitting out wide at times running routes lol. Get our speed guys on the field. More Brashard and Ray Ray. I'd even like to see Chris Johnson get some snaps in a 2 back look showing some creativity. Incredibly frustrating.
I've always thought of running the ball as a parlay(at least for inside runs). You need everyone winning their 1v1/2v2s in order to have success. Bringing in TEs and FBs doesn't help if they don't carry their weight blocking, it's actually counterproductive. I haven't watched our TE blocking specifically, so I don't know if it's happening or not. I do like bringing in more OL, especially if you have more OL talent than they can handle, which we did late in the 4th.

Guidry has exceeeded expectations. Dawson has not
What exactly is your “expectation” ?

At the time of this post- we are 10th in the country in total offense. This counts yesterday’s performance with a backup QB against a top 10 defense in the country where we grinded out almost 30 points.

We finished last season ranked 97th in total offense.

Is Dawson perfect? No. There is definitely room for improvement especially as to personnel usage and there has been some poor play calls particularly on third down. But the improvement is outstanding and I don’t think even our most bullish fans preseason had us with a Top 10 offense at the midpoint of the season. So to say he has not exceeded expectations is nonsensical tbh.

Dawson runs the offense like he wants to please mario..I never see mario talking to guidry during the game or holding the play sheet but i see him do those things with dawson.

He just needs to step back and relax, u hired these dudes for a reason let them coach. If they mess up, they mess up but dont over manage them

So you like having 6 OL on the field every play? Ok
no. I just don’t like being predictable. 84 is our best blocker. 88 and 23 aren’t good blockers yet. We’ve thrown with 84 on the field with different WR personnel..we’ve run with 84 with different wr personnel..no we really don’t target 84, but he does go out on routes..and when we need to check to max protect (3rd n long to 4) he’s been excellent at that…so as a previous poster eluded too..we love creating narratives for absolutely no reason

Advertisement
Why can't Skinner learn to block? All it takes is effort and mentality, and it's the TE's job to be able to do both (block AND catch) at a high level
He should be introduced to a HOF named Shannon sharpe as a 6’3 WR at 220 -225 learned & got it done..but if he can’t do it he can’t play..he’s not that dynamic to make up for that Imo..can’t be 1-dimensional at that position

Dawson runs the offense like he wants to please mario..I never see mario talking to guidry during the game or holding the play sheet but i see him do those things with dawson.

He just needs to step back and relax, u hired these dudes for a reason let them coach. If they mess up, they mess up but dont over manage them
I think it’s been quite the Opposite..Shannon is running this. On the GT play Mario DIDNT step in when Shannon ran the ball..I think Mario is cognizant of his micro management rep..Shannon messed up vs GT..his ***** fall on Mario

He can be a useful player in certain situations but why is this dude on the field every play? Dawson even has him splitting out wide at times running routes lol. Get our speed guys on the field. More Brashard and Ray Ray. I'd even like to see Chris Johnson get some snaps in a 2 back look showing some creativity. Incredibly frustrating.
Yeah **** is terrible! This dude has had like 10 knee surgeries and we throwing him screens lmao. We could throw him a seem here and there but we allergic to those. It’s a waste of an eligible player to keep using him if you’re not even going to look his way.

Advertisement
I think it’s been quite the Opposite..Shannon is running this. On the GT play Mario DIDNT step in when Shannon ran the ball..I think Mario is cognizant of his micro management rep..Shannon messed up vs GT..his ***** fall on Mario
Bs lol, gtech i saw mario looking at the play sheet late in that game lol…And either way its on the HC to order a knee.

Its no way dawson is cool with having a none receiving threat on the field that long, mccormick is a mario guy

Bs lol, gtech i saw mario looking at the play sheet late in that game lol…And either way its on the HC to order a knee.

Its no way dawson is cool with having a none receiving threat on the field that long, mccormick is a mario guy
I also saw Shannon calling the **** play and Mario NOT step in..Mario is not calling the plays..every **** coach keeps that long as sheet that has situationals etc on it for ST, D and O..like I said Mario should’ve stepped in..it falls on him..but Dawson clearly called that play and orchestrated that..Don was down anyway. BTW go watch Dawson at Houston. And 84 IS out on routes alot..we just don’t target him

I also saw Shannon calling the **** play and Mario NOT step in..Mario is not calling the plays..every **** coach keeps that long as sheet that has situationals etc on it for ST, D and O..like I said Mario should’ve stepped in..it falls on him..but Dawson clearly called that play and orchestrated that..Don was down anyway. BTW go watch Dawson at Houston. And 84 IS out on routes alot..we just don’t target him
Bruh that **** done lol if u wanna make excuses for a hc blowing the game the same way he did years ago then go ahead

Lol anyone can do that though.
Lol- you must have missed Allen with his ugly pass pro vs UNC. When you say anyone, go ahead and name the healthy kid that should replace McCormick. Further more, we don’t target the TE much so let’s not act like this is on Old Man Cam.

Advertisement
Personnel decisions have been questionable all year. Cam McCormick logging 71 snaps in a P5 football game in 2023 is a total joke. Same goes for Brashard finally being a focal point 6 games in. Arroyo has to start taking Williams snaps. Williams isn’t even close to ready outside of our S&C staff inflating him up like a balloon

**** of a win last night but offensive personnel decisions have been frustrating.
Personnel decisions imo have been one of my bigger problems with the staff. Unlike a lot of people I don't really freak out too much with the time management and decisions to go for it or us wanting to run the ball and ****... But the personnell decisions sometimes are baffling. But it is getting a bit better in some areas it looks like.

- PR, we have finally moved off X and George, which is a smart decision.
- We are finally getting brashard more involved. He is literally one of the only players on this offense that you can count on to force a missed tackle.

- We continue to play Flagg.... but Flagg with Mauigoa and Cloyd is insanity to me. Wes and some of these young LBs need to start stepping the **** up. But part of the issue is them just never getting a chance. Like when Shaw, Pinckney, and McCloud all started as true freshman it was out of neccessity, but they stepped up. We aren't giving any of our clearly more talented guys the ability to step up imo. And it definitely severely hurts us in the pass game.
- We continue to refuse to give ANYONE a shot at CB. It seems so incredibly obvious that Davis and Couch should be splitting the nickel reps, and we need another CB to step up on the outside opposite Porter. We should be getting Devante and Damari brown opportunities. Same with like Stafford or whoever else.
- And obviously the most glaring issue is Cam McCormick getting more snaps than any other skill position player on this offense. That **** is ******* ridiculous. Look if we are running a TE inline, I don't have too big of an issue with Cam being in the game. But split out,that **** just makes no ******* sense. Idgaf if we are running screens. We should be able to rely on Arroyo and Riley williams to block a ******* cb on the outside in those situations. The entire gameplan regarding TEs has been one of the bigger failures imo. This is supposed to be TEU...

Bruh that **** done lol if u wanna make excuses for a hc blowing the game the same way he did years ago then go ahead
Lol I’m not making an excuse. Mario SHOULDVE pulled a Saban/kiffin situation when Dawson continued to run plays & told him kneel...but he didn’t. We lost and Don was down…the overall point is 84 Is playing the most because he’s the most dependable rn & the best blocker..but he runs routes..it’s not predictable at all

Riley looks incredibly awkward out there. But so did Mallory at first.

I can’t believe Skinner’s hands are so bad that he can’t even get a snap. Don’t think I saw 23 out there at all.

Advertisement
Lol- you must have missed Allen with his ugly pass pro vs UNC. When you say anyone, go ahead and name the healthy kid that should replace McCormick. Further more, we don’t target the TE much so let’s not act like this is on Old Man Cam.
Just chipping the DE while he’s getting blocked by the tackle? Anyone TE can do that

He hasn’t?

Our offense is ranked top 10-15 in at least 8 different categories.

And coming into the Clemson game we were averaging over 500 yards & 37.7 points a game.

What were the expectations supposed to be for Dawson that he hasn’t met?
Guys can’t separate not being happy with TE usage from having a largely successful offense…🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Back