McCormick Usage

919cane

Sophomore
He can be a useful player in certain situations but why is this dude on the field every play? Dawson even has him splitting out wide at times running routes lol. Get our speed guys on the field. More Brashard and Ray Ray. I'd even like to see Chris Johnson get some snaps in a 2 back look showing some creativity. Incredibly frustrating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He can be a useful player in certain situations but why is this dude on the field every play? Dawson even has him splitting out wide at times running routes lol. Get our speed guys on the field. More Brashard and Ray Ray. I'd even like to see Chris Johnson get some snaps in a 2 back look showing some creativity. Incredibly frustrating.
Because our TE room is hurt. Lol

McCormick is another OT and has been a really good blocker. With the health of our RBs, he is needed to chip the ends since our OTs aren’t elite at handling speed rushers.

Advertisement

pretty sure he split out wide to open up other areas. When he is out there defenses got to respect the package, which typically will have 1 more LB and 1 less DB.

I hear you.

But then I watch him literally throw a former 5 star player on Clemson's defense into the dirt on a key play and I'm like 👍 👌 he does this a lot, BTW. He's a grown man. Part of our rush offense being so successful is because of him.

The lack of a real pass catcher because of injury/still developing makes me worry less. He's a good player being used well.

pretty sure he split out wide to open up other areas. When he is out there defenses got to respect the package, which typically will have 1 more LB and 1 less DB.
Trust me, I'm not saying bench him completely by any means. Like I said he's a useful player, but I would like to see closer to 50/50 split on snaps with him and our speed guys.

does it matter. The TE is not used except to block. I dont think Dawson knows what a TE does let alone how to use them besides blocking

Advertisement
Advertisement
does it matter. The TE is not used except to block. I dont think Dawson knows what a TE does let alone how to use them besides blocking
Dawson used the TE plenty at Houston, he literally started out as the TE’s Coach when he first got there.
He used the TE at Southern Miss & at West VA.

He’s not using it here at Miami because Mario has placed the emphasis on the run game being the staple of the offense, therefore, the TE has been relegated to primary Blocking duty.

Dawson used the TE plenty at Houston, he literally started out as the TE’s Coach when he first got there.
He used the TE at Southern Miss & at West VA.

He’s not using it here at Miami because Mario has placed the emphasis on the run game being the staple of the offense, therefore, the TE has been relegated to primary Blocking duty.
Then why recruit the likes of Skinner and Riley who are built like WRs

Last edited:
Who’s hurt?
Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back