Max Johnson to A&M

Advertisement
Advertisement
Johnson won't be the reason we win or lose to TAM. If we lose it is because of the trenches like when we lost the season opener a few years back to LSU. We all said their QB was garbage before the game, but they ran all over us. And if they can run effectively, then play action becomes more effective and we will make Johnson look much better than he is because of having to devote too many defenders to stopping the run.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought aTm’s starter from last year that got hurt was really good. Is he done after this season?

Haynes King - he'll be back next year.

They also have composite 5-star Conner Weigman coming in too. Max simply gives them experience to push these guys and/or start the season. I don't see him being the long-term answer but weirder things have happened.

Johnson won't be the reason we win or lose to TAM. If we lose it is because of the trenches like when we lost the season opener a few years back to LSU. Their QB was garbage but they ran all over us. And if they can run effectively, then play action becomes more effective and we will make Johnson look much better than he is because of having to devote too many defenders to stopping the run.
Yes he was, he only won an natty and the Heisman, went first in the NFL draft. He really sucked!

Yes he was, he only won an natty and the Heisman, went first in the NFL draft. He really sucked!
My fault. You are correct that Burrow turned out great. But if you remember, going into the game everyone was on here talking about how he was terrible and an OSU 3rd string transfer. Similar to how we are writing about Johnson now. Not saying he will be the next Burrow but we are certainly writing about him the same way.

Advertisement
My fault. You are correct that Burrow turned out great. But if you remember, going into the game everyone was on here talking about how he was terrible and an OSU 3rd string transfer. Similar to how we are writing about Johnson now. Not saying he will be the next Burrow but we are certainly writing about him the same way.
The difference is that was Burrow’s first start so no one really KNEW what to expect. Johnson has started many games and is clearly not an elite QB.

Advertisement
Some ppl need to watch more teams. Max Johnson can play. LSU had a lot of issues around him. He can operate a offense. He’s not a guy I’d expect to flat out take over a game. Especially when considering he’ll likely be running Jimbo west coast college offense. Ball will come out quick for the most part. This game will come down to how physical we play and if we have the depth on D to play physical for 60 min

Some ppl need to watch more teams. Max Johnson can play. LSU had a lot of issues around him. He can operate a offense. He’s not a guy I’d expect to flat out take over a game. Especially when considering he’ll likely be running Jimbo west coast college offense. Ball will come out quick for the most part. This game will come down to how physical we play and if we have the depth on D to play physical for 60 min

He improved from last yr to this yr. He’s more game manager than anything, but that’s about it.

Advertisement
Back