Max Johnson to A&M

Advertisement
Wasn’t he sub 50% completing his passes?

But yeah Johnson is a game manager and there’s nothing wrong with that. The goat is the goat because he understands What type of game it is and how to approach it. Mac Jones was a game manager at Bama but had elite dudes that one 1v1 matchups and had a all time szn . This is a area I hope TVD keeps improving in.

But yeah Johnson is a game manager and there’s nothing wrong with that. The goat is the goat because he understands What type of game it is and how to approach it. Mac Jones was a game manager at Bama but had elite dudes that one 1v1 matchups and had a all time szn . This is a area I hope TVD keeps improving in.

I was talking about Burrow’s game against us, not his season in 2018. Lol.

Advertisement
My fault. You are correct that Burrow turned out great. But if you remember, going into the game everyone was on here talking about how he was terrible and an OSU 3rd string transfer. Similar to how we are writing about Johnson now. Not saying he will be the next Burrow but we are certainly writing about him the same way.
His numbers against us weren’t that great TBH. You are right the ground game and then ripping a 50 yard TD won them that game.

Oh facts lol. Idk man. He was definitely clutch on 3rd downs. Got a couple using his legs if I remember correctly. The key to that loss Imo, the offense was *** and got whooped physically

Offense was sus af; and u’re right, Burrow had an off game, a game we really should’ve won, but he made some clutch 3rd downs, especially in the 2nd half. The slipper Rosier had on in 2017 was all the way off in 2018.

The way aTm has recruited, I don't think it matters. He just needs to be serviceable against us.
This thinking is how Texas A&M under achieved. They are too talented imo to play low possession games that can be changed by 1 or 2 plays. That’s something even Saban figured out. Hopefully it’s something Mario adapts to aslo

Johnson won't be the reason we win or lose to TAM. If we lose it is because of the trenches like when we lost the season opener a few years back to LSU. We all said their QB was garbage before the game, but they ran all over us. And if they can run effectively, then play action becomes more effective and we will make Johnson look much better than he is because of having to devote too many defenders to stopping the run.
He can’t push the ball down the field. If we tackle that will severely limit their offense.

Advertisement
Johnson won't be the reason we win or lose to TAM. If we lose it is because of the trenches like when we lost the season opener a few years back to LSU. We all said their QB was garbage before the game, but they ran all over us. And if they can run effectively, then play action becomes more effective and we will make Johnson look much better than he is because of having to devote too many defenders to stopping the run.

The Jones transfer 6'6 DT from Oregon will be our most important player we sign because of the exact same reason you stated.

We will need to add a couple veteran OL as well to help
beef us up to have a chance.

This thinking is how Texas A&M under achieved. They are too talented imo to play low possession games that can be changed by 1 or 2 plays. That’s something even Saban figured out. Hopefully it’s something Mario adapts to aslo
Calzada wasn't good/consistent at QB. Inaccurate.

Advertisement
7B809382-6990-4657-9D69-3A0B0295367F.jpeg

Jimbo looking forward to another 3-4 loss season next year.
U notice that's the same joke they use on Cristobal. Jimbo will win with those stud and expect us to click like that on the trail after a few seasons. And I will read this same comment about MC on rival forums.

Advertisement
U notice that's the same joke they use on Cristobal. Jimbo will win with those stud and expect us to click like that on the trail after a few seasons. And I will read this same comment about MC on rival forums.

Probably right but we're in the acc, my man. :)

How many more years does Jumbo get before he's on the hot seat?

I say the questions, at a minimum, will start this season if he doesn't at least win this division.

He has not lived up to his hefty contract thus far.

Advertisement
Back