NicKane
5 Star Blue chip
- Joined
- May 11, 2017
- Messages
- 6,210
Shut up!disaster. and who knows if McCoy will go even now.
Shut up!disaster. and who knows if McCoy will go even now.
No, we are not because that would be season ending and this isn’t according to D. So it’s more than likely just a scope to clean up the scar tissue.Are we assuming this is an MCL?
We must have no options at tackle if we continue to trot McCoy out there.
He’s an above average guard but below average tackle and he’s going to get Mensah hurt at some point.
Was thinking the same thing. They need to hurry and get this dude ready to rumble because we’re going to need him - at least for a few snaps here and there.Wish Joel Ervin was getting more buzz to get a crack at this rotation with SJ and Meriweather
Ah like Michael Irving?CONGDON
CONGDON
CONGDON
CONGDON
the amount of ppl spelling his name wrong is wild. There is an N. O at the end.
Is it strength and conditionings fault that a player got thrown into his knee? Like come on these ain’t soft tissue injuries there all high impact that could happen to any team.At what point do we start questioning strength and conditioning?
I have no inside info but this is my read on it. I think when he was starting at Left tackle throughout camp he was playing well for a freshman which generated a lot of optimism, we all laugh at DMoney for hyping guys up on Greentree but david lake even agreed with DMoney's assessment when he was on the pod. Then camp rolls around and Samson has a great camp and takes control of the LT job so they start trying Cantwell at guard to get him on the field and that doesn't really take either since he's not a great fit there and that puts him behind the eight ball trying to get ready at Right tackle. It might be a hot take, but I still think Cantwell contributes before the end of the year and looks good. I could see a situation similar to Congdon where he didn't look great against FAMU of all teams and then a couple weeks later came in and looked great vs CMU and ClemsonI agree. Have pointed it out several times but something just doesn't jibe. Kid was here in mid December and by all accounts, was doing pretty well all things considered. spring comes and he was the starting LT. Wasn't an all american but by all accounts was getting good reviews. Then fall camp came and he moved inside and some RT. Games happened and he disappointed and disappeared.
Some kids who are tackles in HS, struggle inside, but I've never quite seen this kind of precipitous drop. Even if they;ve never played guard before, you can see SOME potential. That never happened with Cantwell.
So, that leaves a couple explanations - he was never that good to begin with and the sunshine pumpers were taken for a ride or he's banged up. There could be some doghouse factors but as I said, by all accounts, kid is a nice guy.
I’m flabbergasted you guys think your NCAA dynasty moves would work in real life…In Dawsons offense, it serves us better to have good Guards because we look for push.
Move Samson and McCoy inside and put Cantwell/Congdon at tackles.
We can't ride SJ/Jamal at RG. I won't have it.
Wait, what are we talking about hereAt this point TrumpyCane doesn't think Catnwell gets any serious burn the rest of the year unless a tackle goes down
Merriweather from UGA will get the G spot hopefully
Exercise bike you say?isn't Cantwell the one everyone at the game was saying was on the exercise bike the whole game and could barely jog off field on FG/extra point kicks??? if so, part of his slow start could just be not 100% and can't put weight on one of his legs/feet, and can't use all is strength.. If I got a bum ankle, OL is the one position I would be terrible at.. So half of getting Cantwell up to speed, is also, get him back healthy by FSU..
I think Hawk and Merri gotta also get fast tracked by FSU...
Why even have tackles? We should have two rows of guards.In Dawsons offense, it serves us better to have good Guards because we look for push.
Move Samson and McCoy inside and put Cantwell/Congdon at tackles.
We can't ride SJ/Jamal at RG. I won't have it.
Dr T. Good luck driving and remembering anything at all for 6 days until the next shotToradol screwed me up for weeks
isn't Cantwell the one everyone at the game was saying was on the exercise bike the whole game and could barely jog off field on FG/extra point kicks??? if so, part of his slow start could just be not 100% and can't put weight on one of his legs/feet, and can't use all is strength.. If I got a bum ankle, OL is the one position I would be terrible at.. So half of getting Cantwell up to speed, is also, get him back healthy by FSU..
I think Hawk and Merri gotta also get fast tracked by FSU...
Cantwell isn’t ready yet.
He’d be the worst option out on the edge.