Max Buchanan having surgery today

I mean, pretty much the entire fan base thought this guy would start Day 1. The rumors that he is not ready is more surprising at this point.
Something isn’t adding up based on all the off-season hype.

Which means either the kid was never ready and it was just sunshine pumping, or he’s got a nagging injury no one is talking about (highly doubt it).

I mean we’re 5 games in and the kid can’t sniff any spot despite poor play at times + injuries. He just simply isn’t ready, and was never ready. That’s fine - he’s a true freshman at very tough spot for a young kid.

But clearly the staff thought he’d be further along by the time he got to campus, otherwise we would’ve gone portaling for another OL imo.
 
Its possible but I doubt we see multiple moves on the O line. Much easier to find a replacement for Buchanon than moving the center or tackles mid season. Would be great to see Cantwell step up. Somebody next man up time!! I trust Mario to give this team the best shot to win.
 
I mean, pretty much the entire fan base thought this guy would start Day 1. The rumors that he is not ready is more surprising at this point.
Something isn’t adding up based on all the off-season hype.

Which means either the kid was never ready and it was just sunshine pumping, or he’s got a nagging injury no one is talking about (highly doubt it).

I mean we’re 5 games in and the kid can’t sniff any spot despite poor play at times + injuries. He just simply isn’t ready, and was never ready. That’s fine - he’s a true freshman at very tough spot for a young kid.

But clearly the staff thought he’d be further along by the time he got to campus, otherwise we would’ve gone portaling for another OL imo.
Think it was just because he was with the 1st team the whole spring but Samson was out. lake at 247 was the only one saying pump the brakes on cantwelll
 
isn't Cantwell the one everyone at the game was saying was on the exercise bike the whole game and could barely jog off field on FG/extra point kicks??? if so, part of his slow start could just be not 100% and can't put weight on one of his legs/feet, and can't use all is strength.. If I got a bum ankle, OL is the one position I would be terrible at.. So half of getting Cantwell up to speed, is also, get him back healthy by FSU..

I think Hawk and Merri gotta also get fast tracked by FSU...
 
Something isn’t adding up based on all the off-season hype.

Which means either the kid was never ready and it was just sunshine pumping, or he’s got a nagging injury no one is talking about (highly doubt it).

I mean we’re 5 games in and the kid can’t sniff any spot despite poor play at times + injuries. He just simply isn’t ready, and was never ready. That’s fine - he’s a true freshman at very tough spot for a young kid.

But clearly the staff thought he’d be further along by the time he got to campus, otherwise we would’ve gone portaling for another OL imo.

I agree. Have pointed it out several times but something just doesn't jibe. Kid was here in mid December and by all accounts, was doing pretty well all things considered. spring comes and he was the starting LT. Wasn't an all american but by all accounts was getting good reviews. Then fall camp came and he moved inside and some RT. Games happened and he disappointed and disappeared.

Some kids who are tackles in HS, struggle inside, but I've never quite seen this kind of precipitous drop. Even if they;ve never played guard before, you can see SOME potential. That never happened with Cantwell.

So, that leaves a couple explanations - he was never that good to begin with and the sunshine pumpers were taken for a ride or he's banged up. There could be some doghouse factors but as I said, by all accounts, kid is a nice guy.
 
Think it was just because he was with the 1st team the whole spring but Samson was out. lake at 247 was the only one saying pump the brakes on cantwelll
What did lake say?
I don’t remember exactly what he was saying but I remember before fall camp even started he was having Samson at LT over cantwell. And then I remember him basically saying congdon was ahead of cantwell and people was getting on him. And then he didn’t have cantwell as a projected starter
 
I don’t remember exactly what he was saying but I remember before fall camp even started he was having Samson at LT over cantwell. And then I remember him basically saying congdon was ahead of cantwell and people was getting on him. And then he didn’t have cantwell as a projected starter
Interesting thanks
 
Back
Top