Max Buchanan having surgery today

I think Woodrow may be an option at guard.

He's looked solid in limited reps and I'd like to see what he can do with more opportunities.
 
Last edited:
I’m pretty sure, if I did the work, I could identify some posters who both called Max a JAG after the first two games and now are proclaiming the season over because he’s been injured.
Be careful. Wait until SJ plays lots of snaps and starts looking like a productive player. You would have a much longer list.
 
Horrible. A shame for the kid as it seemed like he was starting to find his groove. Really hurts us, but we're still capable of accomplishing all of our goals this season.

Staff has two weeks to figure this out, but I think we all know it's gonna be SJ.
 
Ah like Michael Irving?
Michael Scott Wink GIF
 
Via Gemini
Here is a summary of the video INJURY UPDATE On Max Buchanan | Miami Hurricanes Options at RG from CanesInSight:
Key Highlights & Injury News
Max Buchanan's Injury: Starting right guard Max Buchanan announced on Twitter/X that he underwent surgery following a leg/knee injury sustained in the Clemson game [00:03].
Timetable for Return: While the injury is considered long-term, current projections indicate it is not season-ending, and the expectation is that he will return later this season [00:38].
Miami’s Options at Right Guard
With a bye week to adjust, the video discusses several potential line combinations to fill the void:
SJ Alafua:
Stepped in at right guard during the Clemson game and played his best game of the season [01:09].
Jamal Merryweather:
Has rotated with Buchanan in past games (e.g., Central Michigan) and subbed in at right tackle when McCoy was briefly down [01:36]. His ideal permanent position may be guard [01:58].
Jackson Canwell & Lineup Reshuffle:
Freshmen Jackson Canwell could potentially play right tackle [02:11], allowing Francis Mauigoa or Frankie McCoy to kick inside to right guard where he previously excelled [03:28].
SJ Alafua at Center / Ryan Rodriguez to Guard:
Another alternative proposed is moving SJ Alafua to center—his natural long-term position—and sliding Ryan Rodriguez over to guard [04:15].
Big Picture
Schedule Outlook: Miami has already completed tough conference road trips (Stanford, Wake Forest, Clemson) [05:55]. The upcoming stretch features more favorable home games, giving line coach Alex Mirabal time to experiment and gel the updated offensive line ahead of major late-season tests [06:31]
Excited Eddie Murphy GIF by Candy Cane Lane
 
Ultimately you’d want McCoy to move back to RG where he was elite last year and have Cantwell slide in at RT.

But it seems like Cantwell isn’t ready.

We have a week to figure it out.

Go canes.
Idk if it’s him being ready or him just not being comfortable there. Sewell was an All pro at RT and he’s struggled his first couple games at LT and he was an LT at Oregon.
 
I’m pretty sure, if I did the work, I could identify some posters who both called Max a JAG after the first two games and now are proclaiming the season over because he’s been injured.
It's funny, really.
 
I hope he can prove my wrong but I have little faith in SJ at RG.

Everyone is going to watch the Wake tape and going to attack him.

FSU will throw Kevin Wynn at him, before last week Wynn was a bust for them but had a great game against a veteran Virginia OL.

Pitt uses smaller DTs but that staff knows how to deploy their DL to cause maximum damage.

ND has multiple interior DL who will cause havoc.

Hope Meriweather is moved to RG
 
Back
Top