Max Buchanan having surgery today

So Dmoney said not season ending...but Gaby said season ending. Assuming he's definitely out rest of regular season.....but may come back for playoffs. That's 3 months from now (if we have a first round bye).
 
I like the projections and message board banter but I think people are putting way too much thought into it short term. SJ was our starting LG and even after getting beat repeatedly, he stayed in until Congdon stepped up, unsure if it was health or what the delay was, the starting OL for FSU is for sure Samson-Congdon-RR-SJ-McCoy. It will stay like that until 1. injury or 2. SJ cannot hack it and they rotate in Meriweather as likely option 1a. After that you get creative with everything else that is being thrown around rn.
 
I like the projections and message board banter but I think people are putting way too much thought into it short term. SJ was our starting LG and even after getting beat repeatedly, he stayed in until Congdon stepped up, unsure if it was health or what the delay was, the starting OL for FSU is for sure Samson-Congdon-RR-SJ-McCoy. It will stay like that until 1. injury or 2. SJ cannot hack it and they rotate in Meriweather as likely option 1a. After that you get creative with everything else that is being thrown around rn.
OL needs as little rotation as possible. I'm confident enough in the 4/5 positions to not make overly big changes.

SJ can slot in at RG and be there. He subbed in for Max during the Clemson game and played well. Meriweather has seen some work in there and was just fine. I don't think we'll be in trouble moving forward, it would just be nice not having to sub another player in because the new starter got hurt.
 
SJ had a couple of nice plays in the 4th quarter against Clemson, but they were already beaten up by that point. I have serious concerns about him starting against ND. I pray Buchanan is back before that game, or Cantwell is ready to earn a spot in the starting lineup
By looking at the comments (some from family members), it doesn’t sound like he will be back during the regular season.
 
Same. No clue why ppl insist on bringing up Cantwell playing when he has not shown he is ready.

It’s SJ and merriweather. They arent moving McCoy or at least I’d be completely shocked if they did.
They think like that because it worked the video game, and they expect the same thing will happen here.
 
We must have no options at tackle if we continue to trot McCoy out there.

He’s an above average guard but below average tackle and he’s going to get Mensah hurt at some point.
 
Back
Top