Max Buchanan having surgery today

Threw cogdon in as a starter in game 5

Because he was ready, and played plenty EARLY in the game before AT THE SAME POSITION. Cantwell isn’t. Ya’ll keep wanting to force this man on the field. Meriweather, who is **** near unplayable at RT, got reps at RT before Cantwell.

CANTWELL IS NOT GOING TO START AT RT, let it die.
*Barring unforeseen injuries**knock on wood**

Anyway, this sucks, and limits our ceiling. Whatever, play ball.
 
I think you start giving Cantwell some snaps at RT. Rotate McCoy to give his injury a rest against FSU. Run Meriweather at guard or if McCoy doesn’t need the rest you kick him inside for a series here or there to get Cantwell going. If Cantwell performs well you continue his workload. By ND

Okunlola
Congdon
Rodriguez
McCoy
Cantwell

Or if Cantwell is nowhere near ready you keep McCoy outside and move Meriweather RG. By ND

Okunlola
Congdon
Rodriguez
Meriweather
McCoy
 
I heard this through the grapevine a couple days ago this was coming, I decided to keep quiet because I didn’t know if the source was reliable or not. Apparently it was.

****.
 
Get ready to learn SJ, friends.

Here, I'll try to be optimistic: Congdon's emergence to the point where Alex feels comfortable starting him makes this a little easier to absorb. Imagine if he wasn't ready and we had to still play SJ at LG and figure it out at RG? At least now Congdon can hold down his spot full-time, and we can play SJ at RG and perhaps rotate in there with him. Meriweather?

But Jesus Herbert Walker Christ we are snakebit this year.
 
Threw cogdon in as a starter in game 5

Because he was ready, and played plenty EARLY in the game before AT THE SAME POSITION. Cantwell isn’t. Ya’ll keep wanting to force this man on the field. Meriweather, who is **** near unplayable at RT, got reps at RT before Cantwell.

CANTWELL IS NOT GOING TO START AT RT, let it die.
*Barring unforeseen injuries**knock on wood**

Anyway, this sucks, and limits our ceiling. Whatever, play ball.
Cantwell literally played more guard the first 2 games than Cogden did. Just a few weeks ago, we were all asking were Cogden was

When it comes to freshman, things can change quickly
 
SJ had a couple of nice plays in the 4th quarter against Clemson, but they were already beaten up by that point. I have serious concerns about him starting against ND. I pray Buchanan is back before that game, or Cantwell is ready to earn a spot in the starting lineup
I feel you bro, we gotta deal with the hand thats been dealt. I think Merriweather is going to surprise folks.
 
Has anyone heard about McCoy’s situation?

That’s the most concerning one to me.

/Reason:

Before the season started, I thought Miami had 4 guys (3 I saw personally) that could play on the edge in the summer.

Okunlola
McCoy
Meriweather
Cantwell

Two of them have shown in game they cant do it when the bullets are flying (Cantwell and Meriweather).

If you lose McCoy, you’re down to one (1!) guy who can do it.

That’s a season ender to me.
 
Think of where Miami would be if Miami didn't recruit high school so well, imagine these portal only teams experiencing something like this...
 
Back
Top