Maurice Smith speaks about ongoing battle w/BAMA to Transfer

the **** with him! if he wanted to come here he would have asked nick satan,if not georgia what about miami?

He already got the OK to go to Miami. Said he was about to put in the paper work and transfer when he get the official "No" to UGA. Then they decided to throw a fit on it and dig their heals it.

He is welcome to go to UGA and pay for it himself. Maybe take out some loans. Possibly get a job that reimburses for college. Go into the military at get the GI bill. I believe certain government jobs, like teaching, give you loan forgiveness after working there 5 years. He has lots of options. Probably even more options for his Masters or even PhD. Though if he wants to use football to get it then he has to follow the rules attached to his football scholarship. Just like a lot of other scholarships out there have their own rules.

Advertisement
He couldn't enjoy being the 1st person in his family to graduate college because big bad Saban won't let him transfer to UGA.

Sounded like a crybaby to me when he was spewing about his stuff in the trash. He and his mommy made it too obvious that they're trying to use the press to bully Saban into doing what they want him to do. Now, he's whining about not being able to enjoy graduation? Sounds like a percy *** to me.

I thought this kid wanted to come here. Why go play for Smart if playing for him all this time did not get you drafted already? The thought that anyone can bully Saban at this point is just stupid. Guy in one NC from the god of Bama. The Bear is Bama and Saban is about to displace him. I d not like the man but Bama would succeed from the Union again before it would go against Nick.

He couldn't enjoy being the 1st person in his family to graduate college because big bad Saban won't let him transfer to UGA.

Sounded like a crybaby to me when he was spewing about his stuff in the trash. He and his mommy made it too obvious that they're trying to use the press to bully Saban into doing what they want him to do. Now, he's whining about not being able to enjoy graduation? Sounds like a percy *** to me.

I thought this kid wanted to come here. Why go play for Smart if playing for him all this time did not get you drafted already? The thought that anyone can bully Saban at this point is just stupid. Guy in one NC from the god of Bama. The Bear is Bama and Saban is about to displace him. I d not like the man but Bama would succeed from the Union again before it would go against Nick.

Seems to me like saying he was coming here was just a ploy to obtain his release from Bama.Once he got the release he fully intended to go to Georgia.Looks like Saban squashed it and now he and his mother are crying all over social media that the rules don't apply to them,just everyone else.Tough ****...

Seems to me like saying he was coming here was just a ploy to obtain his release from Bama.Once he got the release he fully intended to go to Georgia.Looks like Saban squashed it and now he and his mother are crying all over social media that the rules don't apply to them,just everyone else.Tough ****...
Getting his release to Miami never would have helped him get to UGA.

I wasn't sure if the release was school specific or if he could claim to be coming here,and then as soon as his release was signed,then just say he changed his mind and go to Georgia.If Bama will only give him his release to only the school he said he was going to then I was wrong in my assumption.I never heard about Georgia until he went to get his release and he was told he had to declare what school he was going to.Seems like he was trying to pull a fast one on Bama and us.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I wasn't sure if the release was school specific or if he could claim to be coming here,and then as soon as his release was signed,then just say he changed his mind and go to Georgia.If Bama will only give him his release to only the school he said he was going to then I was wrong in my assumption.I never heard about Georgia until he went to get his release and he was told he had to declare what school he was going to.Seems like he was trying to pull a fast one on Bama and us.

The way it transpired was he tried to get a release to go to UGA. Saban denied it. Smith was then set to go to Saban to get his release to come here, and his mom stuck her nose in telling him to follow his dream and not to give up on going to UGA.

And now, he's probably looking at sitting out a year, going un-drafted, and having to try out for the practice squad on an NFL team. I can't see him playing Division 1 football anywhere this year.

Maybe he never was planning on playing this year... An injury he didn't want known or something? Yes it's completely implausible, but so is giving up your senior season in an unwinable argument with nick Saban.

Saban has a team full of players who can get more playing time/start elsewhere, so the no SEC schools/UGA thing was the wrong issue for Smith to press him on, but he said, "yes" to Miami an ACC school with plenty of exposure. The kid should have quit while he was ahead, played here his senior season and had a happy life.

Advertisement
Lol at our fan base! Half of these so called fans wanted him here weeks ago. I thought gator fans only did this type of crap!

Georgia classes start Thursday, Miami classes start the 22nd. If he's not in by Thursday (more like tomorrow) he'll be at Miami.

I guess we should look at the last day to add a class at UGA to completely rule him out so maybe the 15th or 16th of August at the latest if he decides to waste that much time

Advertisement
Kids going to blow his chance to start wherever he goes if he doesn't get practicing soon.

Georgia classes start Thursday, Miami classes start the 22nd. If he's not in by Thursday (more like tomorrow) he'll be at Miami.

I guess we should look at the last day to add a class at UGA to completely rule him out so maybe the 15th or 16th of August at the latest if he decides to waste that much time

Kid is in grad school. Not to be looking at undergraduate calendars

Same thing man. Classes start the 11th, last day to add/drop a class for graduate and undergraduate is the 17th

Advertisement
His mother sounds like an entitled *******. At least for the 2 sentences I heard of her.

She's 100% right. What if that was ur kid in that situation and good old Nick holding this kid back? Training camp already started for crying out loud.

I hate Saban more than anyone but you're 100% an idiot if you think anyone should be able to follow a former staff member in conference to a new school without any resistance.

Especially since Kirby Smart put a transfer ban on the current players to being able to go to Miami in case they wanted to follow Richt.

I'd love to know the mysterious classes and cake walk major that allowed a football player who doesn't take full-time classes during the season to earn enough credits to graduate in 3 years.

THAT is the 1st joke - the second is watching your mom cry that you couldn't enjoy fake graduation day.

Most players take a full-time course load during the season. You have to schedule it right so that the harder/more time consuming courses are in the Spring. But yeah, I get skeptical of a major that can be done in 3 years. Computer Science took me 4 1/2 years.

The typical undergrad takes 12-15 credit hours per semester. Football players, due to the proliferation of offseason strength and conditioning programs now take summer classes quite often. Let's say this young man took 15 hours per semester. That's 30 per year, and 90 in three years. Combine that with 3 summers of 12 hours a piece(6 per summer term, most schools do two), that's 126 hours, which is more than enough at most schools(120 is the minimum). That's not including classes he may have tested out of, or any AP/IB credits he pulled. Let's also not forget that some people do take online classes, which are easier to stack. Alabama probably has a lenient credit transfer policy, which means it would be easy for this guy to knock out some prereqs at a community college(online) and have them count. It would be hard for someone in a STEM to pull off graduating in three years, especially at a school like Miami, where they rarely take AP credit, and online courses are nonexistent. That said, this young man probably isn't majoring in a STEM, and is most likely doing something like business or something, which makes this quite plausible. He's doing this at Alabama, not Miami, not Vanderbilt. Alabama.

All that said, this is a freaking joke. In a college athletics landscape where coaches can bail at the drop of a dime, a player who graduated should be free to go wherever he wants for his last year. This is another example of Saban being a dictator, and a hypocrite. If there was some outstanding player at UGA that wanted to transfer to Bama, he would certainly stand up and fight for that kid. Let's be honest, this is a bit player, wanting to transfer. Let him go, and then beat the living tar out of him if you face UGA down the road. Saban probably knows that kid better than he knows himself, you know him and Kiffin would abuse the living **** out of him in a championship game situation.

He may be a joke, but it's still the rule. Just like if an student-athlete takes money for play and/or going to a certain school. It's still the rules.

And this kid had the choice of where he was going to go to school. This rule was public knowledge when he went to a school that's in the SEC. And he's naive as **** if he didn't think Saban of all people wouldn't pull a move like this. He comes across as a **** and controlling (NFL players mention why this is why he can't transition successfully to the NFL), so why play for that man?

He fulfilled his end of the bargain, if the NCAA and these coaches are to be taken at their word. He not only played, he managed to graduate early. The whole point of the early graduate rule was to reward kids who did that, to where they could be immediately eligible. What's funny is that people want to scream "Those are the rules" but have no problem when people like Saban skirt the rules, or abuse them with the use of grayshirts and the like. I thought this was all about what was best for the student-athlete. Oh, that's right, that nonsense goes out the window when it suits the program.

The reason you're not seeing an outcry against Saban is because this is the norm in college football. Do you think Jimbo Fisher will let players transfer from FSU to Miami, Clemson, Ga Tech, VT, etc...? You think Les Miles is going to let them go to Clemson (who they play yearly), Bama, UGA, etc...? You think Urban Meyer is letting kids go to Penn St., Michigan, Michigan St. ?

If you do, I have a 6-bedroom mansion in the middle of Overtown that I'd like to sell you.

the **** with him! if he wanted to come here he would have asked nick satan,if not georgia what about miami?

He already got the OK to go to Miami. Said he was about to put in the paper work and transfer when he get the official "No" to UGA. Then they decided to throw a fit on it and dig their heals it.

He is welcome to go to UGA and pay for it himself. Maybe take out some loans. Possibly get a job that reimburses for college. Go into the military at get the GI bill. I believe certain government jobs, like teaching, give you loan forgiveness after working there 5 years. He has lots of options. Probably even more options for his Masters or even PhD. Though if he wants to use football to get it then he has to follow the rules attached to his football scholarship. Just like a lot of other scholarships out there have their own rules.

The most accurate post on this board.

I am always amazed at how easy it is for people to show just how little they actually know about anything. there is no separate academic calendar for grad classes.

Academic Calendar for 2016 - 2017 | Office of the Registrar

Advertisement
Back