Maurice Smith speaks about ongoing battle w/BAMA to Transfer

Advertisement
Advertisement
His mother sounds like an entitled *******. At least for the 2 sentences I heard of her.

If anything his mother sounds very intelligent and is trying to give her son the opportunity to go wherever he wants to go.

No she doesn't. She sounds like someone who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to her kid. She also sounds like someone whose putting her son in a position where he will lose other opportunities.. Cause she's an entitled *******.

His mother sounds like an entitled *******. At least for the 2 sentences I heard of her.

If anything his mother sounds very intelligent and is trying to give her son the opportunity to go wherever he wants to go.

His mother sounds the opposite of intelligent. Whether her son "should" be allowed to transfer wherever he wants, is a discussion for a classroom. Because it only exists in "theory." Unfortunately for her son, he has to play in the real world. And in the real world, he isn't allowed to go to Georgia. So act accordingly.
This is like somebody arguing that taxation is theft. You can argue all day long that the government shouldn't be allowed to tax the money you worked for. But guess what? Come April, you pay. There's nothing intelligent about going to jail because you refused to pay.

So you would be ok with Moten or Trent Harris transferring to Clemson and causing a game winning strip sack against us in the ACC title game?

Advertisement

Sounds like an enabling ****-stirring idiot who is coddling her son and convincing him to fight a losing battle. Mommy and he can "think" whatever they want about this situation, but the clear rules allow Saban to do exactly what he's doing.

Meanwhile camp has started at all his destination schools and his opportunity to start is slipping further away every day. What an idiot.

Meanwhile camp has started at all his destination schools and his opportunity to start is slipping further away every day. What an idiot.

Exactly.At this point I hope he has to sit out.This **** has dragged on too long.There are clear rules and they apply to everyone.He is not the exception or special in any way.Thought he was making his decision today????

Advertisement
Rules were made to be broken. Hats off to the kid and his mother. If you make the effort to graduate with eligibility left you should be rewarded and allowed to go wherever you **** will please. At the end of the day he's a STUDENT athlete and academic success should be rewarded. The rule should be changed. Good for him for fighting there fight.

Sounds like an enabling ****-stirring idiot who is coddling her son and convincing him to fight a losing battle. Mommy and he can "think" whatever they want about this situation, but the clear rules allow Saban to do exactly what he's doing.

His mother sounds the opposite of intelligent. Whether her son "should" be allowed to transfer wherever he wants, is a discussion for a classroom. Because it only exists in "theory." Unfortunately for her son, he has to play in the real world. And in the real world, he isn't allowed to go to Georgia. So act accordingly.
This is like somebody arguing that taxation is theft. You can argue all day long that the government shouldn't be allowed to tax the money you worked for. But guess what? Come April, you pay. There's nothing intelligent about going to jail because you refused to pay.

Would love her to name the mysterious graduate program that only exists at Georgia where he "also happens to want to also play football"

Rules were made to be broken. Hats off to the kid and his mother. If you make the effort to graduate with eligibility left you should be rewarded and allowed to go wherever you **** will please. At the end of the day he's a STUDENT athlete and academic success should be rewarded. The rule should be changed. Good for him for fighting there fight.

Don't disagree with the sentiment, but the problem is the rules were in place when he signed on. This is not about whether the rule is right or wrong. All he's doing is hurting himself.

Advertisement

If he is after an academic goal, sure. Obviously this is not the case. I have seen too many of these enabler-type parents involved in their children's educations. It's making teaching undergraduates unbearable. These days one can only derive satisfaction from educating the 10-15% that are actually accountable and want to learn. I am pretty sure most college professors would agree on this.

If im Richt i continue to recruit him as hard as possible until the end. We can definitely use him. Were going for it all this year and we need all they help we can get. Id tell them "were going to continue to recruit you until you decide, but with this being your last year your doing yourself a disservice by not getting yourself into a training camp right away"

I think he believes he's going to Georgia. He's not. Saban is done listening to this kid and they're fully in to camp now.

I doubt this kid plays football again anywhere. He will miss his chance.

If he is after an academic goal, sure. Obviously this is not the case. I have seen too many of these enabler-type parents involved in their children's educations. It's making teaching undergraduates unbearable. These days one can only derive satisfaction from educating the 10-15% that are actually accountable and want to learn. I am pretty sure most college professors would agree on this.

College professors are a bunch of liberals, so you want to talk about entitlement?

I agree that it's a dumb rule, but this kid is not going to Georgia. Saban ain't even listening. Alabama said their last word, so no matter what this is says now he isn't going to Geotgia... Nobody is listening.

He can't help Alabama win anymore, so he is just another dude to them now.

So now it's just the kid's future that's being hurt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back