Maurice Smith speaks about ongoing battle w/BAMA to Transfer

Rules were made to be broken. Hats off to the kid and his mother. If you make the effort to graduate with eligibility left you should be rewarded and allowed to go wherever you **** will please. At the end of the day he's a STUDENT athlete and academic success should be rewarded. The rule should be changed. Good for him for fighting there fight.
If anything his mother sounds very intelligent and is trying to give her son the opportunity to go wherever he wants to go.

Sounds like an enabling ****-stirring idiot who is coddling her son and convincing him to fight a losing battle. Mommy and he can "think" whatever they want about this situation, but the clear rules allow Saban to do exactly what he's doing.

If he is after an academic goal, sure. Obviously this is not the case. I have seen too many of these enabler-type parents involved in their children's educations. It's making teaching undergraduates unbearable. These days one can only derive satisfaction from educating the 10-15% that are actually accountable and want to learn. I am pretty sure most college professors would agree on this.

College professors are a bunch of liberals, so you want to talk about entitlement?

Depending what one teaches. Sounds like you majored in liberal art and got what you paid for.

Advertisement
Rules were made to be broken. Hats off to the kid and his mother. If you make the effort to graduate with eligibility left you should be rewarded and allowed to go wherever you **** will please. At the end of the day he's a STUDENT athlete and academic success should be rewarded. The rule should be changed. Good for him for fighting there fight.
Sounds like an enabling ****-stirring idiot who is coddling her son and convincing him to fight a losing battle. Mommy and he can "think" whatever they want about this situation, but the clear rules allow Saban to do exactly what he's doing.

If he is after an academic goal, sure. Obviously this is not the case. I have seen too many of these enabler-type parents involved in their children's educations. It's making teaching undergraduates unbearable. These days one can only derive satisfaction from educating the 10-15% that are actually accountable and want to learn. I am pretty sure most college professors would agree on this.

College professors are a bunch of liberals, so you want to talk about entitlement?

Depending what one teaches. Sounds like you majored in liberal art and got what you paid for.

Miami MBA.

Look, I mean you're trying to say that 80-90 percent of your students have an entitlement mentality....I'm pointing out that university professors are overwhelmingly liberal/progressive and could themselves be accused by the general public of having entitlement issues.

Just a bit ironic. If you ask me, you and your students deserve each other. Me...I pay taxes and work.

Labels confuse me because most of us conservative to liberal depending on the issue. Phucked up thing about college sports is the players don't have many options unless they are unwanted. **** I would have been the first one to tell them forget uga. He could have just went here or pretty much any other college conference. I do like the attention this has brought to the matter, revealing just how controlling the ncaa and institutions are over players who sign full scholarships. It is phucked up when you meet the obligation to the school and graduate and they still have control over your transfer.

Look, I feel where the kid is coming from, but blood is starting to sound like a lil b#tch. Man, move on. All this whining ain't gone move you no where closer to UGA. Either go to another school and pursue your education and athletics or hang em up chief.

Advertisement

Miami MBA.

Look, I mean you're trying to say that 80-90 percent of your students have an entitlement mentality....I'm pointing out that university professors are overwhelmingly liberal/progressive and could themselves be accused by the general public of having entitlement issues.

Just a bit ironic. If you ask me, you and your students deserve each other. Me...I pay taxes and work.

Using your logic, given that the majority of the population (>50%) in this country receives a hand-out of some kind from governments, then everyone including you love entitlement. See how this works?

Miami BBA, MBA elsewhere. Retired corporate exec. And voted republican since I can remember. If you want to affect change, do something. Teach and give back -- something l learned from UM business school.

His mother sounds like an entitled *******. At least for the 2 sentences I heard of her.

If anything his mother sounds very intelligent and is trying to give her son the opportunity to go wherever he wants to go.

His mother sounds the opposite of intelligent. Whether her son "should" be allowed to transfer wherever he wants, is a discussion for a classroom. Because it only exists in "theory." Unfortunately for her son, he has to play in the real world. And in the real world, he isn't allowed to go to Georgia. So act accordingly.
This is like somebody arguing that taxation is theft. You can argue all day long that the government shouldn't be allowed to tax the money you worked for. But guess what? Come April, you pay. There's nothing intelligent about going to jail because you refused to pay.

Would love her to name the mysterious graduate program that only exists at Georgia where he "also happens to want to also play football"

I'd love to know the mysterious classes and cake walk major that allowed a football player who doesn't take full-time classes during the season to earn enough credits to graduate in 3 years.

THAT is the 1st joke - the second is watching your mom cry that you couldn't enjoy fake graduation day.

His mother sounds like an entitled *******. At least for the 2 sentences I heard of her.

His mother sounds the opposite of intelligent. Whether her son "should" be allowed to transfer wherever he wants, is a discussion for a classroom. Because it only exists in "theory." Unfortunately for her son, he has to play in the real world. And in the real world, he isn't allowed to go to Georgia. So act accordingly.
This is like somebody arguing that taxation is theft. You can argue all day long that the government shouldn't be allowed to tax the money you worked for. But guess what? Come April, you pay. There's nothing intelligent about going to jail because you refused to pay.

Would love her to name the mysterious graduate program that only exists at Georgia where he "also happens to want to also play football"

I'd love to know the mysterious classes and cake walk major that allowed a football player who doesn't take full-time classes during the season to earn enough credits to graduate in 3 years.

THAT is the 1st joke - the second is watching your mom cry that you couldn't enjoy fake graduation day.

Most players take a full-time course load during the season. You have to schedule it right so that the harder/more time consuming courses are in the Spring. But yeah, I get skeptical of a major that can be done in 3 years. Computer Science took me 4 1/2 years.

Advertisement
I understand his plight same DC, same defense, same dudes that know you.... Tough ****ies kid...Life is phucked up...deal with it... Im gonna be highly ****ed if Saban and Alabama gives in..... In a few days no one will remember your plight dude....

Most players take a full-time course load during the season. You have to schedule it right so that the harder/more time consuming courses are in the Spring. But yeah, I get skeptical of a major that can be done in 3 years. Computer Science took me 4 1/2 years.

I should have been more clear - they take the minimum requirement to be considered full-time (usually 12 credits) but not a full-time class load most college kids take. I know many take summer courses, but it's still "skeptical" as you put it.

I hope he doesn't come here. He'll be a cancer in the locker room because he didn't get his way. Plus he's missing alot of camp.

Advertisement
There is a pretty **** good reason why coaches and conferences block kids from transferring within the same league.

Look, I feel where the kid is coming from, but blood is starting to sound like a lil b#tch. Man, move on. All this whining ain't gone move you no where closer to UGA. Either go to another school and pursue your education and athletics or hang em up chief.

Funny part of this whole drama is that he was all set to come to UM when Saban told him he wouldn't release him to UGA. Then, his mom stuck her nose in there and told him to dive into this diarrhea puddle of drama trying to extort Saban and Alabama through the media.

Advertisement

The typical undergrad takes 12-15 credit hours per semester. Football players, due to the proliferation of offseason strength and conditioning programs now take summer classes quite often. Let's say this young man took 15 hours per semester. That's 30 per year, and 90 in three years. Combine that with 3 summers of 12 hours a piece(6 per summer term, most schools do two), that's 126 hours, which is more than enough at most schools(120 is the minimum). That's not including classes he may have tested out of, or any AP/IB credits he pulled. Let's also not forget that some people do take online classes, which are easier to stack. Alabama probably has a lenient credit transfer policy, which means it would be easy for this guy to knock out some prereqs at a community college(online) and have them count. It would be hard for someone in a STEM to pull off graduating in three years, especially at a school like Miami, where they rarely take AP credit, and online courses are nonexistent. That said, this young man probably isn't majoring in a STEM, and is most likely doing something like business or something, which makes this quite plausible. He's doing this at Alabama, not Miami, not Vanderbilt. Alabama.

All that said, this is a freaking joke. In a college athletics landscape where coaches can bail at the drop of a dime, a player who graduated should be free to go wherever he wants for his last year. This is another example of Saban being a dictator, and a hypocrite. If there was some outstanding player at UGA that wanted to transfer to Bama, he would certainly stand up and fight for that kid. Let's be honest, this is a bit player, wanting to transfer. Let him go, and then beat the living tar out of him if you face UGA down the road. Saban probably knows that kid better than he knows himself, you know him and Kiffin would abuse the living **** out of him in a championship game situation.

Last edited:
You're a college graduate. You're 21. You're a full grown man. You're letting mommy run interference for you in the public, and with the media. Handle it yourself, say thanks but no thanks to mom.

Really a bad look.

This current generation never learned the word no. You were born a girl-"but I want to be a boy transgender" Obama said I could .Tough ****ies babe.Accept it
.Whats next ? A guy going to parks and sniffing womens crotches.His defense was that he identifies as a Golden Retriever.

This kid needs to grow a pair. He's acting like he's the first kid that was told that he couldn't go to certain programs when transferring. Deal with it. That's life. He and his mother expect us to believe that he really wants to go to Georgia to "pursue his graduate studies?" Now he's making a big deal about it in the press?
He can...as a student...NOt as a student athlete. So if academics is the reason, man up and just be a student

entitled generation

Advertisement
Back