Maurice Smith offered

Advertisement
I agree he projects to be a solid zone scheme Guard if his stance gets cleaned up, which shouldn't be too difficult considering Central has their linemen with hands in the dirt even on passing downs. He's not consistent yet but he's shown the ability to pull and unload his hips on moving targets.

We can do a lot worse than an agile, flexible, experienced lineman on a top local team.

He kicked out to tackle at the camp i was at and moved his feet pretty good in pass pro. He's an interior prospect and at worst would be a Nice Center here which i think he would be open to.

Advertisement
He kicked out to tackle at the camp i was at and moved his feet pretty good in pass pro. He's an interior prospect and at worst would be a Nice Center here which i think he would be open to.

I agree. I think he has the potential to be an excellent interior pass protector and above-average run blocker in a zone-heavy scheme. He's shown the ability to quickly get depth while maintaining half-man relationship despite using a stance that prevents his outside hip from being open at the snap. So if he fixes that issue that handicaps himself he will have total control as a pass protector. He has good anchor strength too.

So why does Searels have a job again? We have 1 OL Commit on the year in December, at a position where we're the weakest at. Maurice Smith should've been an offer regardless of what happened with Eguakun. Now that we've just lost the latter, we scramble to find our ****s and offer the former. Hopefully he puts ego aside and understands our staff doesn't have the best recruiting approach.

Advertisement
MR you had a chance at Coach Mirabal who is a great coach and you hired Searles instead why because he is your Buddy! Look what Alex did with his lines at Marshall and at Oregon you dumb ****!

Maurice Smith is a better player than Kingsley. I said that a month ago in our staff group chat. I believe Searles likes Kingley's size better as he has a frame to be a monster. Smith a much better now player with a much higher floor.

Big fan of the kid.

Maurice Smith is a better player than Kingsley. I said that a month ago in our staff group chat. I believe Searles likes Kingley's size better as he has a frame to be a monster. Smith a much better now player with a much higher floor.

Big fan of the kid.

Yup i said it int he spring. IVE always LIKED Smith more. Kingsley doesnt have the feet. Now Kingley is aggressive and can muck it up with his size better...But right now Smith is more techincal and in better shape.

Advertisement
Scaife is a tackle and he’s been one. DJ was the only dude at the Under armour game to block Brenton Cox and Eyabi Anoma and not give up a sack the entire game which had Nicholas Petit-Freire and Richard Gouraige on that very same team. He did at tackle and he did it at guard. Just because he’s 6’3 doesn’t mean he can’t play Tackle. I’m pretty sure he recorded almost all the pancakes in that game.

Leon Searcy is 6'3".

The way we are recruiting the trenches is going to guarantee that this staff doesn't succeed. Sad really. I would have never imagined that Mark Richt would oversee something so inept.

Advertisement
Yup i said it int he spring. IVE always LIKED Smith more. Kingsley doesnt have the feet. Now Kingley is aggressive and can muck it up with his size better...But right now Smith is more techincal and in better shape.

So what would you put as the chances Smith flips and comes to Miami? Gut feeling.

The way we are recruiting the trenches is going to guarantee that this staff doesn't succeed. Sad really. I would have never imagined that Mark Richt would oversee something so inept.

He got fired because he couldnt hit on a qb....and he is suppose to be some qb whisperer/evaluator.
Thought he would of bounced on his mistakes coming here..looks like he doubled down and surrounded himself with a staff atleast on his side of the ball of friends and family

Advertisement
Back