Maurice Smith offered

Advertisement
An OL class of Smith, OL grad transfer from Butler (everyone is after now), Pendley and maybe one of the guys they offered in NY or GA would be okay for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why not take both?
I believe the staff sees them both at center. The only reason they want a center is to groom him not to start right away. If they see them strictly at center then theres no need for 2. If they think either can play other positions and they like them then thats a different story. However, I dont see the need to take a guard. Scaife is probably better suited to play guard as is Reed and they are both still young. Tackles are our need unless a guard like Lucas jumps in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** the new australian punter can probably play on the OL as well.

Even if both of them are centers, I would leave Smith's offer open even if Clark commits... I mean you are gonna give a Miami Central who wanted an offer for a very long time a 2 week window to commit?

Last edited:
I would leave Smith's offer open even if Clark commits... I mean you are gonna give a Miami Central who wanted an offer for a very long time a 2 week window to commit?

I would too. He's a good player regardless and we need Central kids. You don't want to do anything to disrupt that relationship.

Advertisement
Back