Matt Miller & Matt Porter On Kaaya

To be honest even if kaaya comes back and has a great year i dont think his stock will get much higher. I think somebody will take him in the 2nd round this year or next. If hackenburg went 2nd round so can kaaya.

I can see andy reid taking him in the 2nd and grooming him to take the job from alex smith. That offense would be perfect for kaaya too.

Him going in the 2nd round to be groomed by someone with a legit starter is probably a stretch. That said, how many teams have a real need at QB? My guess is:

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

and then maybe Houston and Denver.

Its not a strecth. Hackenburg was taken in the 2nd round and hasnt played this year. Its been reported that the bears like kaaya and sent scouts to watch him vs pitt. Everybody keep saying 3rd-5th round but a weak qb class and teams desperate to get one will push him up.

Don't use the Jets as a standard. You're right about the Bears maybe reaching for him but I've also heard they're high on a bunch of other routes too- Romo (if available), etc.

Not just the jets but it depends on team needs. A team like the chiefs dont have a lot of needs and reid is known to make a move like that. When he was in philly and had mcnabb he took kolb in the 2nd round.

Advertisement
To be honest even if kaaya comes back and has a great year i dont think his stock will get much higher. I think somebody will take him in the 2nd round this year or next. If hackenburg went 2nd round so can kaaya.

I can see andy reid taking him in the 2nd and grooming him to take the job from alex smith. That offense would be perfect for kaaya too.

Him going in the 2nd round to be groomed by someone with a legit starter is probably a stretch. That said, how many teams have a real need at QB? My guess is:

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

Its not a strecth. Hackenburg was taken in the 2nd round and hasnt played this year. Its been reported that the bears like kaaya and sent scouts to watch him vs pitt. Everybody keep saying 3rd-5th round but a weak qb class and teams desperate to get one will push him up.

Don't use the Jets as a standard. You're right about the Bears maybe reaching for him but I've also heard they're high on a bunch of other routes too- Romo (if available), etc.

Not just the jets but it depends on team needs. A team like the chiefs dont have a lot of needs and reid is known to make a move like that. When he was in philly and had mcnabb he took kolb in the 2nd round.

Fair point with Reid but I also believe McNabb was averaging like 7 games or more missed due to injury the previous couple prior seasons for the Eagles too. Back to the Jets though...

[TWEET]809451977151303682[/TWEET]

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

Fair point with Reid but I also believe McNabb was averaging like 7 games or more missed due to injury the previous couple prior seasons for the Eagles too. Back to the Jets though...

[TWEET]809451977151303682[/TWEET]

Trubisky is a good example. I have seen several people say that trubisky is a 2nd round qb that will likely go in the 1st if he enters the draft.

Advertisement
WHy would BK leave...he does not have financial pressures as family seems well off. Could beneift from another year and raise his stocks, could leave after beating FSU and playing in ACCCG. I just dont know what is there to think about. Same with Njoku. I hope both come back

I am by no way at all claiming or starting anything but do you think Kaaya has a great relationship with Richt or was it a I respect you and will do what you want me to do type of year?

I went back and looked at one of his retweets which was an interview with Derek Carr because I remember it popped in my head at the time maybe thats how he feels about Richt. I could be completely wrong and off base. Go watch it. 11/10/16.

In a nutshell Carr explains being on a team and how sometimes you wish you had a coach you had before but if you want to be successfull and dominate you have to come together. He was relating a team to life and all the controversy that was surrounding Trump and social issues in America today.

Last edited:
Kaaya is truly a moron if he leaves.

I don't think so. If he gets enough indications that he will go in the 1st 2 rounds, it wouldn't be dumb for him. On the other hand, with all that UM has coming back next year, he should (and, I'm sure is) consider that he might up his draft position, play for individual and team honors, and maybe even have a miracle season. If he's getting positive feedback on the draft, I could see this being a difficult choice.

I'm ambivalent about him staying or going. If he stays, I'll be excited because of the way that Mark is using him in the O now, and if he goes, I love the QB's behind him. It might energize our O to have a new and more mobile QB behind center. OL and CB are way more worrisome for me than whether or not Brad leaves.

Advertisement
I hope he stays. But I think it's in his best interest to leave, especially with the QB class being so bad.

I get that this QB class is super weak but, as others have said, how good is next years class? Rosen? Lamar?

In truth, next year Kayaa might be one bad injury away from potentially becoming a 5-7 round pick. I'm biased, but i still think he should gamble on himself. The o-line and our record should improve. If he puts up good tape he can position himself as a sure fire first rounder after next year.

Advertisement
Everyone keeps saying this year's QB class is sooooo bad- which is true. But could we be misreading the ramifications of that? Perhaps if the stank of this class is accepted fact in GM circles then teams don't feel as much pressure as they normally would and the ENTIRE group of QB's fall?

Advertisement
Matt Miller released a mock draft today that had him going 34 to the 49ers. 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Yeah, he gone.

Matt Miller released a mock draft today that had him going 34 to the 49ers. 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Yeah, he gone.

Matt Miller must have Chip Kelly not being in San Fran because no way they pick Brad if he is still there...He saw us run enough RPO this year to know better

Yeah, he gone.

Matt Miller must have Chip Kelly not being in San Fran because no way they pick Brad if he is still there...He saw us run enough RPO this year to know better

Right because Kelly has only had success using mobile QB's in the NFL.

(Nick Foles says hi)

Advertisement
Back