Matt Miller & Matt Porter On Kaaya

Kaaya is truly a moron if he leaves.

He has plenty of reasons to leave.
Has been a 3 years starter
Took a beating from the oline
Above all else a weak qb class.

Yep and every one of those reasons would be rendered meaningless once he gets to the NFL- even if he's the beneficiary of a weak QB class. He'll be exposed immediately in training camp. And as far as the beatings he took due to a weak o-line here one also needs to acknowledge that he was also given multiple benefit of the doubts because he was supposedly nursing nagging injuries. So we still don't even really know if he can take a hit.

I say all that as a Kaaya fan too that thinks he could have a fine pro career.....if he goes when he's actually ready.

Advertisement
People need to be more honest and admit that they have no idea what our QB situation will be like next year while they are ripping Kaaya to shreds with childlike glee.

Advertisement
To be honest even if kaaya comes back and has a great year i dont think his stock will get much higher. I think somebody will take him in the 2nd round this year or next. If hackenburg went 2nd round so can kaaya.

I can see andy reid taking him in the 2nd and grooming him to take the job from alex smith. That offense would be perfect for kaaya too.

To be honest even if kaaya comes back and has a great year i dont think his stock will get much higher. I think somebody will take him in the 2nd round this year or next. If hackenburg went 2nd round so can kaaya.

I can see andy reid taking him in the 2nd and grooming him to take the job from alex smith. That offense would be perfect for kaaya too.

Him going in the 2nd round to be groomed by someone with a legit starter is probably a stretch. That said, how many teams have a real need at QB? My guess is:

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

and then maybe Houston and Denver.

Kaaya, Njoku and Elder could all be gone in the first 50 picks. Would love Njoku and Kaaya to stay but if you're 20 or 21 years old and looking at a worst case scenario of making a few hundred thousand dollars a year, it is very hard to turn down that opportunity. There are millions to be made on second and third contracts, too.

Advertisement

Him going in the 2nd round to be groomed by someone with a legit starter is probably a stretch. That said, how many teams have a real need at QB? My guess is:

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

You're right on here. Kayaa will likely be a 3rd-5th rounder and is best suited to be groomed and developed behind an aging starter. Browns, Niners, Jets need someone now.

Cheifs, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Steelers, Bears (in that order) should be looking for a guy like Kayaa. Not an immediate impact guy, but someone who in one-to-two years could be your franchise QB with no drop off.

Houston needs an immediate starter. Denver needs to see what they have fully in their young guys.

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

You're right on here. Kayaa will likely be a 3rd-5th rounder and is best suited to be groomed and developed behind an aging starter. Browns, Niners, Jets need someone now.

Cheifs, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Steelers, Bears (in that order) should be looking for a guy like Kayaa. Not an immediate impact guy, but someone who in one-to-two years could be your franchise QB with no drop off.

Houston needs an immediate starter. Denver needs to see what they have fully in their young guys.

Kaaya red shirting behind Rivers on the Chargers would be a good fit, too

My god I hope my NFL team doesn't draft him. In the NFL, you get paid to win. I just don't see it with this guy. He has been surrounded by NFL talent his whole career (besides this year's OL). If you put any other college QB that has left early into the same situation, they win more games than this guy.

I laugh at any NFL scout telling him he is ready.

Advertisement
My god I hope my NFL team doesn't draft him. In the NFL, you get paid to win. I just don't see it with this guy. He has been surrounded by NFL talent his whole career (besides this year's OL). If you put any other college QB that has left early into the same situation, they win more games than this guy.

I laugh at any NFL scout telling him he is ready.

Nope.

I like Kaaya because I think our team is better with him than without him. I don't think he's ready, but if he leaves, the only reason would be because he hates getting hit. Good luck surviving in the League with that mentality.

Kaaya only leaves if he has a promise from an NFL team to be selected, or he really doesn't connect with Richt and what he's being asked to do in this offense.

Both of those are sufficient reasons to go, IMO.

Advertisement
Honestly he should leave to be in the best situation. Getting drafted by the browns is not ideal at all. Maybe someone decent takes him at the end of the 1st

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

Its not a strecth. Hackenburg was taken in the 2nd round and hasnt played this year. Its been reported that the bears like kaaya and sent scouts to watch him vs pitt. Everybody keep saying 3rd-5th round but a weak qb class and teams desperate to get one will push him up.

-Browns
-Niners
-Jets

Its not a strecth. Hackenburg was taken in the 2nd round and hasnt played this year. Its been reported that the bears like kaaya and sent scouts to watch him vs pitt. Everybody keep saying 3rd-5th round but a weak qb class and teams desperate to get one will push him up.

Don't use the Jets as a standard. You're right about the Bears maybe reaching for him but I've also heard they're high on a bunch of other routes too- Romo (if available), etc.

Advertisement
Back