Matt Miller & Matt Porter On Kaaya

Advertisement
Matt Miller released a mock draft today that had him going 34 to the 49ers. 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Yeah, he gone.
Poor risk for an NFL team in that range. Not saying it won't happen, but if I'm a GM, it's not a worthy cost-benefit with the remaining question marks in Kaaya's game.

Matt Miller released a mock draft today that had him going 34 to the 49ers. 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

Yeah, he gone.
Poor risk for an NFL team in that range. Not saying it won't happen, but if I'm a GM, it's not a worthy cost-benefit with the remaining question marks in Kaaya's game.

NFL teams believe they are superior to college teams in terms of development and maximizing potential. If some team sees a potential with Kaaya that he hasn't reached yet in Miami, they won't be afraid to draft him early.

Yeah, he gone.

NFL teams believe they are superior to college teams in terms of development and maximizing potential. If some team sees a potential with Kaaya that he hasn't reached yet in Miami, they won't be afraid to draft him early.

And, at a second round price, it's my opinion it is a poor risk right now. Had Kaaya shown a few more things this year - ability to move in and around the pocket, maintain accuracy when pressured, win meaningful, feasible games, etc. - both his perception and objective data would be better for NFL teams. Since he failed on nearly every front he needed to minimize selection risk, I believe anything above a 3rd round grade (and that's still borderline at this time) is an unnecessary speculation for NFL team.

The way the NFL salary cap is structured now places an incredible value on 1st and 2nd round picks being, at minimum, solid contributors to ball clubs, if not their stars. Teams will continue to take flyers on QBs, but you notice that most flyers in the 2016 draft were taken in the 3rd round. Ok, so this year is a "bad year for QB." I think we say that a lot and next year stands to be a similarly "bad year" outside of guys who may go in the Top 5.

If Kaaya is guaranteed a 2nd round selection, go for it. From his standpoint, cash in because maybe he'll never make the leap to 1st round QB. But, that doesn't change my view from the other side (NFL).

Advertisement

Yeah, he gone.

Matt Miller must have Chip Kelly not being in San Fran because no way they pick Brad if he is still there...He saw us run enough RPO this year to know better

Right because Kelly has only had success using mobile QB's in the NFL.

(Nick Foles says hi)

Nick Foles is Michael Vick compared to Kaaya

Calais Campbell back after 06 but Kaaya needs to leave.

Dan Morgan came back for his senior year but he needs to leave.

Yeah, he gone.

Matt Miller must have Chip Kelly not being in San Fran because no way they pick Brad if he is still there...He saw us run enough RPO this year to know better

Right because Kelly has only had success using mobile QB's in the NFL.

(Nick Foles says hi)

Nick Foles is Michael Vick compared to Kaaya

This. Golds actually moves pretty well for his size, he'd blow BK away in a race

Advertisement
Kaaya is a lock for the first 2 rounds. Total lock . But he should come back and be a top 10 pick and lead us . We have a chance with him to be in the playoffs with him next season. Without him we might , might win the coastal that is it.

IMG_0046.jpg

Miller put him in the second round to the saints today in his mock draft. He's usually not far off on projections like that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back