Matt Doherty on Diaz per Miami Herald

Good lord... What credit does he deserve for the offense which he had zero to do with the unit? Does his credit come from when Enos refused his demotion which was forced on manny, that with his FOURTH option after multiple coaches turned down the job that was offered to them, that he then settled on just the right man for the job in lashlee (not getting into that) OR does he not take the credit or the blame for the unit HE PERSONALLY picked all of the staph for and oversaw himself? Does he not take the credit nor the blame for our juco lb unit which he himself handpicked and hasn't developed at all since he's been here? How bout the cb room which kool story let's blame mike for that regardless of the FACT mandy and ephraim handpicked all of those boys as system fits at the least valuable position on his defense. Does he not take the credit nor the blame for after the season of atrocious performances out of said defenses then saying to this fan base the problem isn't my coaches or the system. It's simply y'all fans didn't know I was involved in calling the defense all throughout the year but y'all think it was all on blake. Him and I know it wasn't so I'm gonna essentially make no changes by my hand except promoting a dude in dvd who is clueless on the ability to coach technique to less talented kids in his unit.
Manny gets credit and blame for all of it. Thats the business of coaching. He gets credit for the Lashlee hire. He gets blame for the Baker hire and apparent retention. Maybe he knew Baker was in the running for the LSU LB job and others and didn't want to fire him and ***** it up. Still on him. Credit for Borreagles and King. Blame for not finding anyone better than Ivey and whatever JUCO LB you're talking about. It all falls on the head coach. Positive and negatives.

This picking and choosing stuff is bullshyt. Nothing matters on how you get to win or losses as long as there isn't some scandal. Just the wins and losses.

Advertisement
That's the bottom line. Without a kicker, our record is eerily similar to 2019, even with an improved O. That's not good.
All of this while they all wanna ignore the facts we play the girls ymca travel squads 9 times per year. What would this successful season have looked like if we played an even remotely competitive schedule? How bout the year before... WE PLAY NO ONE. STOP SEEING WINS AGAINST JV SQUADS AS AN ACHIEVEMENT

Ok so instead of the same hand feeding people **** and saying it's brownies,I asked a question. What differences did HE make? Ill wait........... For y'all it's oh manolo is going to get everything right and that's just that. But it's blind faith. Just like religion and mythology. It's not based in any facts. Without that all american kicker where do y'all fans go today? Without lashlee who is night and day to coaching what mandy is running his offense what's the record after how the defense performed this season? So instead of all this boo hoo **** y'all wanna say about you guys are just so negative and never have a positive thing to say please take a step back and point out what the Cuban jesus has himself directly done to deserve the admiration from anyone who knows football and expects certain basic things out of a squad.

Let me ask you this and return, what credit does Saban get for this win?

C67F80EE-BA18-4E4C-8F8E-73C96A186EB0.jpeg

He's tried to fix personnel issues via the portal. He made an awful philosophical hire with Enos. He adjusted quickly to fix that. His defense is broken. He's apparently adjusting - not that I agree with the organizational structure now - to try to fix that. He makes mistakes and adjusts - similar to what he did as a DC, where he was sloppy and gratuitous with his blitzing when he first got here, and then began cleaning that up. I'm not sure how that one - his tendency to address mistakes - is debatable.
He addresses holes in the portal due to his failures through his staff to develop his own kids in house. Yet these same coaches who constantly fail still collect checks. You don't get credit for what's forced on u... Is he addressing mistakes when that same defensive staph all still have jobs minus ephraim who left on his own for a different post and to prove his own merit or for keeping mike on in a recruiting capacity even though every one of you says he flat out can't recruit... So what has he addressed exactly? Because he said I'll be calling plays? Problem with that is he was already involved heavily in calling the defense last year as well... So I fail to see what's been addressed

He addresses holes in the portal due to his failures through his staff to develop his own kids in house. Yet these same coaches who constantly fail still collect checks. You don't get credit for what's forced on u... Is he addressing mistakes when that same defensive staph all still have jobs minus ephraim who left on his own for a different post and to prove his own merit or for keeping mike on in a recruiting capacity even though every one of you says he flat out can't recruit... So what has he addressed exactly? Because he said I'll be calling plays? Problem with that is he was already involved heavily in calling the defense last year as well... So I fail to see what's been addressed
I think you're proving my point. I didn't state his adjustments aren't due to his own mistakes. You asked "what adjustments?" I responded with some of what he's done. As for the calling plays, that is a clear adjustment (again, not that it's the "correct" move) from not previously calling plays - whether or not he was heavily involved, supposedly it's something new he'll do.

Listen, I'm sour on a ton currently going on (as I've noted in multiple posts on this thread where I called myself out for being wrong), so making me argue on his behalf right now is extra weird. To be clear, I'm merely stating that, when Manny has ****ed up, he'll typically do something (adjust) about it. The evidence is there.

Advertisement
Manny BOTs love spewin' "Manny fixing the problems quickly" while never mentioning he's the one who caused all the problems to begin with. CIS is basically saying Manny the Fire Fighter is doing a great job of putting out the fires of Manny the Arsonist

Mindy has fired more corches' than he has wins

“The approach to transfer acquisitions — one thing that stood out to me about [Diaz] is he’s very keyed in on things that are patterns before they become full-blown trends,” Doherty told Joe Zagacki on Hurricane Hotline. “For years he’s been talking about this transfer landscape in college football is going to explode, become full-blown free agency. Sure enough you’ve seen that happen by the day … the fact we were prepared for that is a testament to coach Diaz.”
1611678037419.gif

Advertisement
Manny BOTs love spewin' "Manny fixing the problems quickly" while never mentioning he's the one who caused all the problems to begin with. CIS is basically saying Manny the Fire Fighter is doing a great job of putting out the fires of Manny the Arsonist

Mindy has fired more corches' than he has wins
Manny’s been here for 20 years eh

Let me ask you this and return, what credit does Saban get for this win?

View attachment 141863
Forced two turnovers and obviously got a defensive stop or two in there when critical to win the game against an excellent offensive football team. Held them to 54 yards rushing which is nothing since we did that too on UNC's first series of the game.

And people say I am not a glass is half full guy.

That’s a fair way to break it down..let’s just see what happens this 21 szn. I’m not sold either way on manny. I’ll say this he is tryna address issues. Now you can say he set himself for the issues at CB, and LB. but he could also gone the stubborn route, signed a bunch of low tier CBS or LBs just to to address the recruiting aspect as far as numbers (al Golden) but too me it seems he’d rather go big game hunting in the offseason. Too me that shows he’s tryna get this **** turned around and be competitive while building. He’s gotta get it done on the trail n keep the talent at premium positions home..off the field on paper he’s doing some things right. But as u stated he’s missed Evan’s especially in the secondary and LB level. This cycle and szn will tell the story on manny imo. This probably the most talented lb cycle/rush ends. We have to hit on guys. And on the field he had to put out a product that shows were moving forward

Advertisement
Forced two turnovers and obviously got a defensive stop or two in there when critical to win the game against an excellent offensive football team. Held them to 54 yards rushing which is nothing since we did that too on UNC's first series of the game.

And people say I am not a glass is half full guy.

Alabama has six 5 star and four 4 star players starting on defense, yet some how gave up 46 points and was outscored by nearly two touchdowns in the second half against a Florida team that ended up 8-4.

Talking about rushing yards alone is like me saying we only gave up one TD to Howell.

I guess Saban, the defensive genius just lucked into Sark, the guy who's really responsible for that win?

Well, in the flying business sometimes it is better to be lucky than smart. Although sooner or later you bite the farm. They used to call it Custer's luck until Little Big Horn. If Baker heads to LSU, from my fingers to God's ears, then Diaz gets another bite at the apple. This time in our situation I'll take Diaz being lucky than smart. I can live for now with a competent LB coach who can recruit and Jess and T-Rob as Co-DCs developing the game plan. Let's see if Diaz is smarter or Saban will be playing Sitting Bull and Atlanta will be Diaz's Little Big Horn...lol.

Alabama has six 5 star and four 4 star players starting on defense, yet some how gave up 46 points and was outscored by nearly two touchdowns in the second half against a Florida team that ended up 8-4.

Talking about rushing yards alone is like me saying we only gave up one TD to Howell.

I guess Saban, the defensive genius just lucked into Sark, the guy who's really responsible for that win?
My mistake. I thought it was you that said what credit and I just listed a couple of positives and it really was an open ended question.

Every once in a while the other offenses come to play and you have an off day. Florida was not 8-4 because of their offense. Bama was also up huge at halftime and every once in a while defenses will let up but you know that right?

I am sure ole Nick said spank me for our defensive performance on the way to lifting the SEC trophy.

Advertisement
Or with a kicker in 2019 we have back to back 9-10 win seasons?
Possibly, yes. The problem is, it's all smoke and mirrors. When you need to make a FG to beat an absolutely putrid GT team, there is a LOT wrong with your team. With the talent we have, and we do have talent, we shouldn't have so many games coming down to a FG. The reason we do is putrid game plans, poor game prep, and poor execution. That's all coaching.

Our problem is getting squished like a bug every time we play a team with a pulse. No FG kicker will save us against Clemson, UNC (last year at least) and Alabama. I think we are actually topped off at 8-9 wins, with the floor being 5-6 wins. Our floor is really, really close to our ceiling, and that's not good. That's a missed kick, an untimely fumble, or a bad call or two making a 3-4 W/L swing.

Ok so instead of the same hand feeding people **** and saying it's brownies,I asked a question. What differences did HE make? Ill wait........... For y'all it's oh manolo is going to get everything right and that's just that. But it's blind faith. Just like religion and mythology. It's not based in any facts. Without that all american kicker where do y'all fans go today? Without lashlee who is night and day to coaching what mandy is running his offense what's the record after how the defense performed this season? So instead of all this boo hoo **** y'all wanna say about you guys are just so negative and never have a positive thing to say please take a step back and point out what the Cuban jesus has himself directly done to deserve the admiration from anyone who knows football and expects certain basic things out of a squad.

mom friend GIF

“The approach to transfer acquisitions — one thing that stood out to me about [Diaz] is he’s very keyed in on things that are patterns before they become full-blown trends,” Doherty told Joe Zagacki on Hurricane Hotline. “For years he’s been talking about this transfer landscape in college football is going to explode, become full-blown free agency. Sure enough you’ve seen that happen by the day … the fact we were prepared for that is a testament to coach Diaz.”
Atta boy!

Step Deaux: Motivate and coach 'em up.

UM

Advertisement
Back