Matt Doherty on Diaz per Miami Herald

Man Bama is going to absolutely destroy Diaz and his staff. You guys clamoring to the “he won the off-season”, are going to find out just how far this team is from being competitive with the elites, under his control.

Advertisement
Man Bama is going to absolutely destroy Diaz and his staff. You guys clamoring to the “he won the off-season”, are going to find out just how far this team is from being competitive with the elites, under his control.

Do you ever stop crying?

We already know. We played and got crushed by Clemson and UNC and lost to Okie State in a game we should’ve won. No one serious thinks we’re hanging around Bama. It’s what we do after that game. Keep reaching for straws.

Advertisement
Do you guys ever stop congratulating Diaz for being a bum head coach?
We know he’s a bum thus far, just hoping he can get it going because we know he’s not going anywhere soon. I’ve been critical and with another suspect finish 8 still am. We all want the Canes to win big. You being a pessimist doesn’t help.

Last edited:
We already know. We played and got crushed by Clemson and UNC and lost to Okie State in a game we should’ve won. No one serious thinks we’re hanging around Bama. It’s what we do after that game. Keep reaching for straws.
Alabama's whole team gone be using delay spray before the UM game. They wanna make it last.

Good question.....

I saw a big difference from me questioning my fan hood in Diaz’s rookie season... to a very respectable season (with only one head scratcher in UNC)

Is it where we wanna be? No. But year two coming off a terrible... awful.. embarrassing season.. yeah it’s a “win”. He has a nice recruiting class coming off the season which hopefully he parlays into a 10 win season with a News years bowl game win.
I can respect your answer...

HOWEVER, the question was what changed in HIS capacity. Being honest with yourself just sit back and ask what was THE ONLY DIFFERENCES between this season and last? For me this is simple. The answer is the positive difference was rhett lashlee 100% who was responsible for any success. The defense overall was atrocious and that's the only thing manny has anything to do with. Groups regressed and worse yet so did coaching.(which says alot considering it was already seriously lacking) being honest can you really say last season ON THE FIELD was a success? OR did we simply get by against ALOT of inferior talent? I know my opinion here. I have seen zero evolution out of manny diaz in his entire time here since season two as a dc. That season he finally started to adapt in game to what offenses we're doing against us... But I get it when people see it differently. Guess it's sortve a comprehension issue for most.

HOWEVER, the question was what changed in HIS capacity. Being honest with yourself just sit back and ask what was THE ONLY DIFFERENCES between this season and last? For me this is simple. The answer is the positive difference was rhett lashlee 100% who was responsible for any success. The defense overall was atrocious and that's the only thing manny has anything to do with. Groups regressed and worse yet so did coaching.(which says alot considering it was already seriously lacking) being honest can you really say last season ON THE FIELD was a success? OR did we simply get by against ALOT of inferior talent? I know my opinion here. I have seen zero evolution out of manny diaz in his entire time here since season two as a dc. That season he finally started to adapt in game to what offenses we're doing against us... But I get it when people see it differently. Guess it's sortve a comprehension issue for most.
You give the man no credit for the offense but all the blame for the defense. My money is on him fixing the defense this year like he fixed the offense last year.

Advertisement

More like a preconceived, unwavering judgement issue for some. And with this post and just about everything else you post here everyone here knows where yours lie.

The kicker is as responsible for the additional Ws as any coach is. Maybe more.

Advertisement
That's the bottom line. Without a kicker, our record is eerily similar to 2019, even with an improved O. That's not good.
Coaching on defensive side has been atrocious no doubt, but it all starts with the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Recruiting has been horrendous. Our two starting ends were transfers. Worst linebacker room in the P5. Do we have a serviceable 1-technique tackle? JHH had a nice redshirt freshman year. Nesta makes a play then takes the next 3 off. Our fans want to play press man. With what? We had corners who cannot other than probably Blades. 2021 class is very good with difference makers but we still need linebackers and corners.

What adjustment is that Lu?
He's tried to fix personnel issues via the portal. He made an awful philosophical hire with Enos. He adjusted quickly to fix that. His defense is broken. He's apparently adjusting - not that I agree with the organizational structure now - to try to fix that. He makes mistakes and adjusts - similar to what he did as a DC, where he was sloppy and gratuitous with his blitzing when he first got here, and then began cleaning that up. I'm not sure how that one - his tendency to address mistakes - is debatable.

Advertisement
We have a veteran team with a mobile QB. Meanwhile, Bama breaks in a new QB, RB, WR1, WR2, TE, LT, LG, C. We will get blowed out because we'll be grossly out-coached but we're in a decent spot personnel-wise for the first time in forever.

You give the man no credit for the offense but all the blame for the defense. My money is on him fixing the defense this year like he fixed the offense last year.
Good lord... What credit does he deserve for the offense which he had zero to do with the unit? Does his credit come from when Enos refused his demotion which was forced on manny, that with his FOURTH option after multiple coaches turned down the job that was offered to them, that he then settled on just the right man for the job in lashlee (not getting into that) OR does he not take the credit or the blame for the unit HE PERSONALLY picked all of the staph for and oversaw himself? Does he not take the credit nor the blame for our juco lb unit which he himself handpicked and hasn't developed at all since he's been here? How bout the cb room which kool story let's blame mike for that regardless of the FACT mandy and ephraim handpicked all of those boys as system fits at the least valuable position on his defense. Does he not take the credit nor the blame for after the season of atrocious performances out of said defenses then saying to this fan base the problem isn't my coaches or the system. It's simply y'all fans didn't know I was involved in calling the defense all throughout the year but y'all think it was all on blake. Him and I know it wasn't so I'm gonna essentially make no changes by my hand except promoting a dude in dvd who is clueless on the ability to coach technique to less talented kids in his unit.

He's tried to fix personnel issues via the portal. He made an awful philosophical hire with Enos. He adjusted quickly to fix that. His defense is broken. He's apparently adjusting - not that I agree with the organizational structure now - to try to fix that. He makes mistakes and adjusts - similar to what he did as a DC, where he was sloppy and gratuitous with his blitzing when he first got here, and then began cleaning that up. I'm not sure how that one - his tendency to address mistakes - is debatable.
said differently, he's learning on the fly. not what we would want and why he should have learned it somewhere else.

More like a preconceived, unwavering judgement issue for some. And with this post and just about everything else you post here everyone here knows where yours lie.
Ok so instead of the same hand feeding people **** and saying it's brownies,I asked a question. What differences did HE make? Ill wait........... For y'all it's oh manolo is going to get everything right and that's just that. But it's blind faith. Just like religion and mythology. It's not based in any facts. Without that all american kicker where do y'all fans go today? Without lashlee who is night and day to coaching what mandy is running his offense what's the record after how the defense performed this season? So instead of all this boo hoo **** y'all wanna say about you guys are just so negative and never have a positive thing to say please take a step back and point out what the Cuban jesus has himself directly done to deserve the admiration from anyone who knows football and expects certain basic things out of a squad.

Advertisement
Back