Matt Doherty Fired

lol no. She just looks like some actress to me. I’m pretty sure I’ve never even watched 10 seconds of that show. There’s a lot of shlt that is super popular but have never watched on TV - but I have heard of it though.
Yeah I was in like 5th grade when it was popular. She was a hottie but I was hooked on Kelly (Jennie Garth)

Advertisement
Don't bother, I already had this argument with him.

No matter what you build, within a year somebody will have something newer, so you can't really stay out in front all the time. I could see a light refresh after 5 years or more, but you can't redo things every time somebody else has a newer one.

Naw my guy; the locker rooms weren’t up to par from the jump. Yes they were an improvement, but it was hella basic and believe it or not, that does matter to these new kids. I shared the story of one of my little homies from Serra High that we were recruiting and when asked about his visit to Miami, he said “our locker room looks better than ya’lls” jokingly.

We can stand to use a face lift. It ain’t gotta be on UT or UGA’s level, but our locker room is definitely dated fa sho.

I would add that the recruiting room should include a wall full of replica SB rings and players names attached along w a NFLU counter, but those are just my thoughts. We’ve been dead as a program for so long that these kids/parents need to be woke on our sustained success.

Naw my guy; the locker rooms weren’t up to par from the jump. Yes they were an improvement, but it was hella basic and believe it or not, that does matter to these new kids. I shared the story of one of my little homies from Serra High that we were recruiting and when asked about his visit to Miami, he said “our locker room looks better than ya’lls” jokingly.

We can stand to use a face lift. It ain’t gotta be on UT or UGA’s level, but our locker room is definitely dated fa sho.

I would add that the recruiting room should include a wall full of replica SB rings and players names attached along w a NFLU counter, but those are just my thoughts. We’ve been dead as a program for so long that these kids/parents need to be woke on our sustained success.

LOL at these entitled ***** not choosing a school bc of a locker room. i hate these kids lol. i do like the SB and NFL stuff, but we need to try to keep kids from leaving when theyre not ready.

Advertisement
LOL at these entitled ***** not choosing a school bc of a locker room. i hate these kids lol. i do like the SB and NFL stuff, but we need to try to keep kids from leaving when theyre not ready.

One thing I'll say is this: you're lying to yourself if you think how things look doesn't affect what you choose. Cars, houses, clothes...we tell ourselves it's all about quality, location, materials or whatever. But if we're being honest, looks have a lot to do with it.

Not saying it isn't shallow to pick a school based on the look of the facilities, but ask yourself why Miami is building those shiny new dorms. Other than looking dated, what's wrong with the current ones? They aren't full of asbestos or anything, so why replace them?

I was under the impression they had been completely redone in the past 5 years.

If a kid doesn’t pick us because he likes someone else’s locker room better, then I don’t want that sorry *** drag queen on the team anyway. It’s not like our locker rooms look like a Turkish prison. If you’re picking a team based on the minimal differences in locker rooms then you’re a pekkkker checking facquit anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We use the visiting locker room, because of the tunnel we run out of during our Pre-game entrance. If we were to use the home locker room we would cross paths with the visiting team & that’s obviously not an option for security purposes.

Advertisement
Even the Herald doesn't say Matt was "fired". By most accounts, he was a seasoned and capable professional; although "final results" were lacking here, which ofc is a big deal.

Would love to see more commentary regarding DMoney's comment that it was an amicable split over "philosophy". What else could philosophy be other than bag-like perks and cutting corners to keep up with the Joneses of other successful P5 schools? Can't think any real other issues, myself.

We use the visiting locker room, because of the tunnel we run out of during our Pre-game entrance. If we were to use the home locker room we would cross paths with the visiting team & that’s obviously not an option for security purposes.

Move the opponent to the visitor lockeroom and put is in the dolphins one

:monkey-serious:
Quit playing with us on a laptop? This a message board bruh, and it’s facts. Quit getting defensive

Miami’s look better than that? This ain’t even a school we compete against in recruiting... now go to schools like bama , uga, Clemson, Ohio state etc the elite schools and compare their lockerroom/player lounge to Miami. And uf and FSU lockerroom upgrades are right around the corner too. My point still remains the same. Don’t be a homer about this sh*t, I’m one of the most positive canes around but this is true

Brock I agree 100% on the locker room. All the tough guys on here try to act like kids don’t look at that type stuff. Everything is digital and we still got turn locks lol. We got the Bob’s furniture chairs in the players area. Def needs to catch up with the times

Advertisement
Back