Matt corral 5 qb

Advertisement
Rick must feel awfully strong about Pickowski to ignore guys like Corral and Fields. Hope he's right because I don't feel great about his QB choice this cycle.

I hear you, but at some point you have to defer to CMR's judgment, until his results at UM show otherwise.

Let's put it this way: There's something there that made UM go all-in on this kid. Most likely, it's that his physical skills make him look like the next Andrew Luck. Think of it the way major league baseball scouts pitchers. They don't care if the kid walks the entire lineup because he can't find home plate with a GPS and seeing eye dog. If he can throw 95 mph, they think he can be coached up in the farm system from a thrower to a pitcher.

Same deal here, I believe. CMR sees a barely 17 year old kid with that kind of physical makeup? It's rare. And the coach must be thinking as long as the kid is a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, the upside is no doubt worth taking the risk. Particularly when you have 2 QB'a on the roster (Perry and Shirreffs) that are young (fresh/soph) and the staff believe have a lot of skills.

That's my take anyway.

Not really. I'll agree with him and disagree with him. He was far from flawless in choosing QBs at UGA.

I hope he's right and I'm wrong on Pickowski. I also hope he's right in ignoring the other guys we could have signed instead of Pickowski.

I'm a firm believer that there are some things that can't be taught to QBs. Like a great RB, there are some things you either have or you don't. And the big arm is only a fraction of the important traits.

Advertisement
For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

commits for '18 or '19??

19. One possible going public for 18 & 19. Also 2 20

Richt has always been a superior recruiter, now he's getting our South Florida kids. He will turn this team around real fast with the talent he's bringing in. It's coming and we're going to love it.

For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

He has got a gun on him and threw it 77 yards winning at the Nike long ball challenge last week.

Like some are saying, addiction problems will take it all away unless he can get it under control which is an uphill fight every day.

Rick must feel awfully strong about Pickowski to ignore guys like Corral and Fields. Hope he's right because I don't feel great about his QB choice this cycle.

I hear you, but at some point you have to defer to CMR's judgment, until his results at UM show otherwise.

Let's put it this way: There's something there that made UM go all-in on this kid. Most likely, it's that his physical skills make him look like the next Andrew Luck. Think of it the way major league baseball scouts pitchers. They don't care if the kid walks the entire lineup because he can't find home plate with a GPS and seeing eye dog. If he can throw 95 mph, they think he can be coached up in the farm system from a thrower to a pitcher.

Same deal here, I believe. CMR sees a barely 17 year old kid with that kind of physical makeup? It's rare. And the coach must be thinking as long as the kid is a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, the upside is no doubt worth taking the risk. Particularly when you have 2 QB'a on the roster (Perry and Shirreffs) that are young (fresh/soph) and the staff believe have a lot of skills.

That's my take anyway.

Not really. I'll agree with him and disagree with him. He was far from flawless in choosing QBs at UGA.

I hope he's right and I'm wrong on Pickowski. I also hope he's right in ignoring the other guys we could have signed instead of Pickowski.

I'm a firm believer that there are some things that can't be taught to QBs. Like a great RB, there are some things you either have or you don't. And the big arm is only a fraction of the important traits.

There's also an intrinsic value in locking in your QB commit early in the process. There's a huge risk chasing guys like Fields and Corral late in the process.

That's my take anyway.

There's also an intrinsic value in locking in your QB commit early in the process. There's a huge risk chasing guys like Fields and Corral late in the process.

The biggest value is finding a great QB whether it's early or a little later in the process.

Advertisement
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION], you're batting .150 with your predictions and statements. Why should we believe anything you say?

I don't have a good gut feeling about Corral . The kid is really talented and a obviously ahead of Artur at this stage in career but i don't want him on this team, i'll leave it at that.

Well I'll specify then. He can't be on this team. We think Kevin Olsen was a train wreck for off the field reasons Matt corral makes him look like a choir boy. He's an alcoholic & a druggie (it is what it is,not judging just stating a fact) he would probably be either in jail or dead here. People think he decommited from sc. Reality is he got dropped for showing up on campus for an sc practice drop dead fall out drunk... furthermore he's got anger issues. He just "transferred" out of his last school because he beat the stuff out of Wayne gretzkys son... much talent as he has until he deals with his issues it's all simply being wasted.

In your opinion, does he want to come to Miami for the school/program, or to party on South Beach?

There is plenty of time for rehab and to turn it around if he gets the right advice. Problem is if UGA and Bama are still recruiting you, you don't have much incentive.

Last edited:
Franchise nailed it here. Also seems like a lot of loyalty from Rick to a guy who as Dee said most don't think will ever start at UM. Quite a few believe he might not even stick if Perry has a good year. And wasn't he talking **** about UM at one point? I could care less about Coral but why the blind loyalty to Sits with a guy like fields out there? Rick has had to have known all about him for YEARS.

Franchise nailed it here. Also seems like a lot of loyalty from Rick to a guy who as Dee said most don't think will ever start at UM. Quite a few believe he might not even stick if Perry has a good year. And wasn't he talking **** about UM at one point? I could care less about Coral but why the blind loyalty to Sits with a guy like fields out there? Rick has had to have known all about him for YEARS.

I don't know why he chose Sits over the other guys (maybe Sits just committed first) in the first place, but it's a precarious spot to be in. I assume Richt is sticking with his guy because he believes he made the right choice and/or he thinks his choice was good enough to not risk losing Sits and not landing another guy. At this point I'm not aware of any top-flight QBs (that we want) who are showing interest, so it seems real dangerous to reach out now.

Advertisement
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION], you're batting .150 with your predictions and statements. Why should we believe anything you say?

You're a repetitive moron with no clue what you say. Like Jack said you just can't handle the truth. You think when Pete told y'all that gil was about to decommit that he was wrong? Nope he was right & it's still a problem. Gil will be at Georgia tomorrow again. What you & people like you are unable to comprehend is that 80% of the things that happen with this program remain behind closed doors as it should. You think because you don't know about it or the end result changed than clearly it never happened. Not my problem. I'm good. You take it how u wanna...

What makes you think Fields would stick if Perry balled out? bad logic. Sits i believe is 16 anyway and obviously is a big redshirt candidate regardless of any teams QB situation. There's only 5 uncommitted 4star or better QB's left in the nation at this point in the game.

I don't have a good gut feeling about Corral . The kid is really talented and a obviously ahead of Artur at this stage in career but i don't want him on this team, i'll leave it at that.

Well I'll specify then. He can't be on this team. We think Kevin Olsen was a train wreck for off the field reasons Matt corral makes him look like a choir boy. He's an alcoholic & a druggie (it is what it is,not judging just stating a fact) he would probably be either in jail or dead here. People think he decommited from sc. Reality is he got dropped for showing up on campus for an sc practice drop dead fall out drunk... furthermore he's got anger issues. He just "transferred" out of his last school because he beat the stuff out of Wayne gretzkys son... much talent as he has until he deals with his issues it's all simply being wasted.

Yet Florida is willing to look past all of that and take him just because they want a five-star quarterback and Mac is desperate

Advertisement

You're a repetitive moron with no clue what you say. Like Jack said you just can't handle the truth. You think when Pete told y'all that gil was about to decommit that he was wrong? Nope he was right & it's still a problem. Gil will be at Georgia tomorrow again. What you & people like you are unable to comprehend is that 80% of the things that happen with this program remain behind closed doors as it should. You think because you don't know about it or the end result changed than clearly it never happened. Not my problem. I'm good. You take it how u wanna...

If he's going to Georgia tomorrow, he gone. No way he sticks. Not starting drama, but stating most likely outcome.

Brooklyn , how's Perry looking what are your thoughts on him?

Perry is looking great. My lone concern with him is & always has been how he adapts to the speed & this level of competition... I am starting to feel better about it as he's a great kid. Partly because I realize he's our only hope for the season we deserve.

Is the issue that we are riding with Art or do we have no interest in corral we'll consider others?

Yet Florida is willing to look past all of that and take him just because they want a five-star quarterback and Mac is desperate

He ain't even looking at uf

Advertisement
Back