Matt corral 5 qb

I don't have a good gut feeling about Corral . The kid is really talented and a obviously ahead of Artur at this stage in career but i don't want him on this team, i'll leave it at that.

Well I'll specify then. He can't be on this team. We think Kevin Olsen was a train wreck for off the field reasons Matt corral makes him look like a choir boy. He's an alcoholic & a druggie (it is what it is,not judging just stating a fact) he would probably be either in jail or dead here. People think he decommited from sc. Reality is he got dropped for showing up on campus for an sc practice drop dead fall out drunk... furthermore he's got anger issues. He just "transferred" out of his last school because he beat the stuff out of Wayne gretzkys son... much talent as he has until he deals with his issues it's all simply being wasted.

I had heard rumors of all the red flags. You've confirmed it's easy decision imo. Sits is still 16 too right? Kid has a ton of upside.

Corral can commit to a team desperate for a ratings bump.

Advertisement
Artur won't be at paradise either... possibly img kids will get to come to the bbq but boot camp starts the same day & the coach is trying yo stop kids from coming.

Does that mean Brian won't be able to make it? That sucks that IMG is doing that.

We're trying to but he just called dabo Sweeney direct yesterday to say no kids will be showing up to their camp this weekend. He's scared of me so I'm trying to handle it myself. I calmly explained to him last season that I was gonna help him & his oc see the light if they kept messing with my nephew.

Soooooo...what's the point of the thread? You could have just siad...expect 2 commits soon.

For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

commits for '18 or '19??

19. One possible going public for 18 & 19. Also 2 20

Advertisement
I don't have a good gut feeling about Corral . The kid is really talented and a obviously ahead of Artur at this stage in career but i don't want him on this team, i'll leave it at that.

Well I'll specify then. He can't be on this team. We think Kevin Olsen was a train wreck for off the field reasons Matt corral makes him look like a choir boy. He's an alcoholic & a druggie (it is what it is,not judging just stating a fact) he would probably be either in jail or dead here. People think he decommited from sc. Reality is he got dropped for showing up on campus for an sc practice drop dead fall out drunk... furthermore he's got anger issues. He just "transferred" out of his last school because he beat the stuff out of Wayne gretzkys son... much talent as he has until he deals with his issues it's all simply being wasted.

If all this is true, right move to pass on this kid

I could've siad that... however I'm grown so I said what I said. Glad we addressed that. Ciao.

Man I was hoping he would be the Second coming of Todd Marinovich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate this, because I was kind of ****ed when I first read we weren't letting him visit. Makes complete sense now though, as I wouldn't want a kid like that anywhere near Miami, 5 sat talent or not. Absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

commits for '18 or '19??

19. One possible going public for 18 & 19. Also 2 20

'19: Michael Tarquin.

Dee is right. This kid is just bad news.

Advertisement
Rick must feel awfully strong about Pickowski to ignore guys like Corral and Fields. Hope he's right because I don't feel great about his QB choice this cycle.

I hear you, but at some point you have to defer to CMR's judgment, until his results at UM show otherwise.

Let's put it this way: There's something there that made UM go all-in on this kid. Most likely, it's that his physical skills make him look like the next Andrew Luck. Think of it the way major league baseball scouts pitchers. They don't care if the kid walks the entire lineup because he can't find home plate with a GPS and seeing eye dog. If he can throw 95 mph, they think he can be coached up in the farm system from a thrower to a pitcher.

Same deal here, I believe. CMR sees a barely 17 year old kid with that kind of physical makeup? It's rare. And the coach must be thinking as long as the kid is a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, the upside is no doubt worth taking the risk. Particularly when you have 2 QB'a on the roster (Perry and Shirreffs) that are young (fresh/soph) and the staff believe have a lot of skills.

That's my take anyway.

Advertisement
Can't we just accept his commitment solely for the Gator Tears it will induce?

Advertisement
Back