Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
They were saying part of the reason that he was bullied was because he was poor.

The whole town is poor! He didn't seem to have a very unique circumstance.
Oh ok. Because I, and a lot of others say that most shootings are because of poverty, but these particular crazy people often times aren't.
I don't know this kids circumstances, but even in poorer neighborhoods there are a hierarchy of poor people. And the guys whose parents work at McDonalds look down on the ones who are underemployed. Just like you see the middle class looking down on people that make less than them. And the rich looking down on the middle class.

You don't even necessarily need to make less. If your parents are garbagemen and are tight with money and send you to school in levis and Shaqs. The kid who has a mom that is a fry cook, but was willing to spend her weeks salary on Jordans will still be making fun of the kid in Shaqs for being poor. Even though the garbageman makes multiples his moms salary. Many kids don't understand that some people are frugal and just think its because you are broke. Maybe this kids grandpa was well off and just didn't want to give his grandson any money because he figured he was a loser incel.

Considering it was over 90 degrees in Uvalde that day, it’s not farfetched that a teacher might’ve opened a door to let some air in...

But what’s more important is finding out why 19 cowardly officers prevented Border patrol tactical team from entering the school & refused to stop the shooter for a whole hour until after he killed multiple children & teachers out of fear of being shot?

They stood idly by & they need to answer some serious questions as to why...
Terrible look. And in that community as well.

Don't be surprised if one (or more) of the 19 take some drastic mental health action (i.e. suicidal ideation, attempt, etc.)

Don't be surprised if one (or more) of the 19 take some drastic mental health action (i.e. suicidal ideation, attempt, etc.)
I can only imagine what someone who was willing to do something but made to wait by a superior must be thinking right now.

Advertisement

If you knew you were directly responsible for not stopping the heinous slaughter of 21 innocent people & in particular little children, committing suicide might be the only honorable thing to do in this scenario.

But I would imagine none of those cowardly mf’ers would have the balls to actually off themselves.

1653705672374.png

Considering it was over 90 degrees in Uvalde that day, it’s not farfetched that a teacher might’ve opened a door to let some air in...

But what’s more important is finding out why 19 cowardly officers prevented Border patrol tactical team from entering the school & refused to stop the shooter for a whole hour until after he killed multiple children & teachers out of fear of being shot?

They stood idly by & they need to answer some serious questions as to why...
Let me answer that for you. “They could have been killed” 🤦🏻‍♂️

If you knew you were directly responsible for not stopping the heinous slaughter of 21 innocent people & in particular little children, committing suicide might be the only honorable thing to do in this scenario.

But I would imagine none of those cowardly mf’ers would have the balls to actually off themselves.
Suicide Samurai GIF

Advertisement
Noticing a lot of narrative shifting here. All of a sudden those that used to scream "I back the Blue!!!" and "The Thin Blue Line is all that separates us from anarchy!!!" and "Blue Lives Matter!!!" are forgetting all those good times.

All of a sudden inept police are part of the "government" and "We can't count on those cowards so you ain't taking MY guns away!"
Yeah we should defund them instead. And use the balance to harden schools.

Yes, this is active shooter SOP in almost any law enforcement agency. I believe I said a day or 2 ago in here that my agency does the same thing listed here...you as the responding officer have the duty to engage alone if you have no backup. You go in and stop the threat or die trying. This continues with everyone who shows up until the suspect is finally overwhelmed.

This group of officers should at the least lose their jobs and their pensions...but really I think they need to face negligence charges.

I can only imagine what someone who was willing to do something but made to wait by a superior must be thinking right now.
If they were hearing gunshots in the room they were standing outside of, they should have disregarded the stand down order due to exigent circumstances. It doesn't matter what the commanding officer said. You hear gunshots, you enter the room and stop them.

Advertisement
If they were hearing gunshots in the room they were standing outside of, they should have disregarded the stand down order due to exigent circumstances. It doesn't matter what the commanding officer said. You hear gunshots, you enter the room and stop them.
Sure. Someone should probably not watch a guy put his knee on someone's neck for 8 minutes either. But it will continue to not shock me when the right thing doesn't happen because of directions from a superior. It will happen again, because novices take their lead from experienced folks for good or bad all the time no matter what the policy is, because they are novices in high stress situations. (/edit not unique to police!)

I am not trying to make excuses as much as imagine the kind of thoughts that might be going through some heads. It is hard to imagine reflecting on having been able to save a bunch of lives, but not doing it for whatever reason really.

Advertisement
Two days of training in the last couple of years is not nearly enough for something so critical.

Obviously you have to sacrifice yourself and go in if necessary, but go in at all costs, and you can read that in a textbook, but unless that’s drilled into you, for some people the instinct for self-preservation will take over. This needs to be drilled into every police officer everywhere, all the time. Because these things aren’t going to stop tomorrow.

Also, a catastrophic failure of leadership on site. Just heart wrenchingly inept.

But there's no pRoOf!!

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

In 1999, during the “Assault Weapons Ban”. I hate that f’ing term. Take a guess what happened. Yes. Columbine. The shooters used handguns, pistol caliber carbines and shotguns. And that’s without their bombs going off. Guess what happened after that….Clinton tried to limit hand gun purchases to one per month.

Even with an “Assault Weapons Ban” the anti-gun mob still wanted more “gun control”. This is why gun folks don’t believe they will stop until all guns are gone. Its not a guess, it’s history. Common sense gun control doesn’t exist.

Sure. Someone should probably not watch a guy put his knee on someone's neck for 8 minutes either. But it will continue to not shock me when the right thing doesn't happen because of directions from a superior. It will happen again, because novices take their lead from experienced folks for good or bad all the time no matter what the policy is, because they are novices in high stress situations. (/edit not unique to police!)

I am not trying to make excuses as much as imagine the kind of thoughts that might be going through some heads. It is hard to imagine reflecting on having been able to save a bunch of lives, but not doing it for whatever reason really.
I agree, and I am sure as the officers reflect back, many will not be able to live with the choices that were made. I'm not sure I would be able to.

Advertisement
Back