Off-Topic Mass killings

JD08

Ready for Ska's fourth wave
Maude
Since it's fairly obvious that the Roe thread is going to get ruined and I don't really want to lock it, here's a place to discuss policy, not politics. Some recent shootings from the last week or so.

We're failing to identify potentially homicidal people.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said Gendron had no further contact with law enforcement after a mental health evaluation that put him in a hospital for a day and a half.

“Nobody called in,” he said. “Nobody called any complaints,” Gramaglia said. The threat was “general” in nature, he said, and not related to race.

New York is one of several states that have enacted “red flag” laws in recent years that were intended to try and prevent mass shootings committed by people who show warning signs that they might be a threat to themselves or others.

Those laws allow law enforcement officers, a person’s family, or in some cases, medical professionals or school officials to petition courts to temporarily seize a troubled person’s firearms, or prevent them from buying guns.

Federal law bars people from owning a gun if a judge has determined they have a “mental defect” or they have been forced into a mental institution — but an evaluation alone would not trigger the prohibition.

It is unclear whether officials could have invoked “red flag” legislation after the incident at Susquehanna Valley High School. Police and prosecutors wouldn’t provide details on the incident, or say when Gendron had purchased the weapons used in the assault.

I read that he was held in custody by state police for 18 hours, and evaluated over the school shooting threats. He must have been deemed not a threat.

I'm all for 2A, but if you make terroristic threats, I think you forfeit your right to own guns until the FBI has ran a thorough review determined by them.

Apparently he was posting the same **** on reddit and other sites and a simple review would have revealed how evil he is. And I feel like we should have caught it based on him being a documented as a high risk evil person. To **** with that "he's mentally ill" ****. Evil is evil.

Advertisement
Thanks for proving my point.

You do it in every thread. You post some ridiculous comment. Then when you get confronted you either post a meme or say something like "I can't believe you don't agree with my moronic comment. End of discussion"

1) This thread is about Roe vs Wade.
2) Trying to keep from going back and forth with you or the others off topic.
3) I’ve posted numerous messages with facts on this thread and the others whether you agree with them or not.

1) This thread is about Roe vs Wade.
2) Trying to keep from going back and forth with you or the others off topic.
3) I’ve posted numerous messages with facts on this thread and the others whether you agree with them or not.
"I'm trying to stay on topic" you say after having tried to derail it numerous times. If you really wanted to keep it on topic, you would have kept your mouth shut. Not started commenting, then once you were confronted with facts "Oh. We should stay on topic".

You have posted nothing of substance, you posted "facts" that don't relate to the situation at hand. If we are talking about Football and you start dropping Hockey statistics, yes, they are "facts", but they don't have anything to do with the discussion.

There’s a law on the books to keep guns out of psychotic people’s hands.

*Kid says he’s gonna shoot up the place*

*Nothing is done or filed on it*

*Kid shoots up the place*

“More gun laws would have prevented this”
Can an 18 year old purchase an assault weapon like ether AR or Ak series?

"I'm trying to stay on topic" you say after having tried to derail it numerous times. If you really wanted to keep it on topic, you would have kept your mouth shut. Not started commenting, then once you were confronted with facts "Oh. We should stay on topic".

You have posted nothing of substance, you posted "facts" that don't relate to the situation at hand. If we are talking about Football and you start dropping Hockey statistics, yes, they are "facts", but they don't have anything to do with the discussion.

I said let’s stay on topic after a mod made that request a few post back. It had nothing to do with what nonsensical drivel you were posting. I posted the 2021 mass shooter statistics in the other thread that got locked. That was relevant and related to the situation as it was the data disputing the narrative a few of you were attempting bring to the table of most of your mass shooters where white. Once presented with the facts/statistics that the majority of shooters are minorities you wanted to cherry pick every scenario out of the data to where it only counts if it’s white people randomly shooting anyone. Then you and your cult followers started trying to bring the same flawed argument to this thread. I presented three recent non white mass murderers that again disputed the narrative yourself and a few others in this thread are trying to paint. However, I won’t continue letting the truth stop you guys. Carry on.

Advertisement
I said let’s stay on topic after a mod made that request a few post back. It had nothing to do with what nonsensical drivel you were posting. I posted the 2021 mass shooter statistics in the other thread that got locked. That was relevant and related to the situation as it was the data disputing the narrative a few of you were attempting bring to the table of most of your mass shooters where white. Once presented with the facts/statistics that the majority of shooters are minorities you wanted to cherry pick every scenario out of the data to where it only counts if it’s white people randomly shooting anyone. Then you and your cult followers started trying to bring the same flawed argument to this thread. I presented three recent non white mass murderers that again disputed the narrative yourself and a few others in this thread are trying to paint. However, I won’t continue letting the truth stop you guys. Carry on.
Because the discussion was clearly regarding random mass shootings. Not gang shootings or anything like that. What were you going to do next? Bring up military guys and start referring to them as spree killers as well? No one was cherry picking or moving and goal posts, but you. Your 3 non white mass shootings actually fit the discussion and was not disputed by me. The other nonsense you posted was what was disputed by me.

As far as cult following. LOL. You are the one, that comes in and posts nonsense and gifs and has your loyal band of sheep come along and upvote it every time.

I am all for facts, like the 3 mass shootings you posted, they are more than welcome. The other half truths that you post are going to get disputed by me every time you porst them.

Because the discussion was clearly regarding random mass shootings. Not gang shootings or anything like that. What were you going to do next? Bring up military guys and start referring to them as spree killers as well? No one was cherry picking or moving and goal posts, but you. Your 3 non white mass shootings actually fit the discussion and was not disputed by me. The other nonsense you posted was what was disputed by me.

As far as cult following. LOL. You are the one, that comes in and posts nonsense and gifs and has your loyal band of sheep come along and upvote it every time.

I am all for facts, like the 3 mass shootings you posted, they are more than welcome. The other half truths that you post are going to get disputed by me every time you porst them.

You might be projecting there. Cane Stain and VirtueSignal Cane will be at your side shortly.

The discussion was mass shootings. Your the one attempting to frame in a way it fits your white people bad agenda.

I had to do some shuffling to get the description in the first post.

These discussions have been pretty polite and let's keep it that way. If you find yourself getting upset, just walk away for a bit before responding.

Last edited:
You might be projecting there. Cane Stain and VirtueSignal Cane will be at your side shortly.

The discussion was mass shootings. Your the one attempting to frame in a way it fits your white people bad agenda.
I am doing nothing of the sort. I have had disagreements with both of them in the past, regarding numerous things.

We were discussing a random mass shooting. You started posting pictures of gang members as if they are the same thing.

Gang members killing other gang members, is a totally different category then random people walking up and shooting innocent people. Anyone that tries to group the two together is clearly trying to push some sort of agenda.

Advertisement
I am doing nothing of the sort. I have had disagreements with both of them in the past, regarding numerous things.

We were discussing a random mass shooting. You started posting pictures of gang members as if they are the same thing.

Gang members killing other gang members, is a totally different category then random people walking up and shooting innocent people. Anyone that tries to group the two together is clearly trying to push some sort of agenda.

Not everyone pictured in that list were gang members. In addition, the last three examples of mass killings or attempted killers I mentioned were Waukesha, NY Subway, and Milwaukee, WI. None of those were gang related. This isn't a wide spread issue among any one race. There's evil mass murderers of all races and anyone trying to push any different narrative is the one with the agenda.

Advertisement
Not everyone pictured in that list were gang members. In addition, the last three examples of mass killings or attempted killers I mentioned were Waukesha, NY Subway, and Milwaukee, WI. None of those were gang related. This isn't a wide spread issue among any one race. There's evil mass murderers of all races and anyone trying to push any different narrative is the one with the agenda.
Which is why I didn't dispute your NY, Waukesha, or Wi ones. They were valid points. As I have repeatedly stated.

"not everyone pictured in that list were gang members". Which is why I asked you "how many of them targeted innocents?" I didn't say "every single person on that list is a gang member". I was asking a question. You didn't seem to know, because you were just posting it to, as stated before, push your agenda.

I never said one particular race has all the mass murderers. I never even said anything close to that. I just was disputing the info you were posting.

If you posted "white people have more mass shootings of innocent people"(assuming that is the case) and (black people have more mass shooting of gang members"(assuming that is the case). You wouldn't have got any dispute from me. But to lump them together is very disingenuous.

There’s a law on the books to keep guns out of psychotic people’s hands.

*Kid says he’s gonna shoot up the place*

*Nothing is done or filed on it*

*Kid shoots up the place*

“More gun laws would have prevented this”
NY should pass some sort of gun safety act?

Was the Buffalo psycho on meds? That seems a common thread in most of these shootings.

I don’t know but does it matter? My point is that police are looking for warning signs that could have been red flags from a psych profile. I would think that would be hard to come by bc some of these people don’t exhibit warning signs that are apparent to people like parents.

Just look at kids who tragically commit suicide - for the most part it seems to come out of nowhere. I would presume the same to be the case for these mass killing sprees. Could there be some sort of trigger that looks at online activity? I guess but I imagine that would be very hard to do (and resource heavy). Otherwise, you’re looking at people with a certain profile (has exhibited signs of hurting others, is on meds, etc) and I would wager most of these folks don’t exhibit these outward facing tendencies. Jmo

Advertisement
Back