Off-Topic Mass killings

I'm as critical of the police as anybody, but even if they responded differently, their is no guarantee that the deaths would have been avoided. This is the problem with the discussion, is that it always deflects from the root problem, this is intentional. The media, and then public outrage shifts to blaming others for the shooting, when it’s clearly the fault of the shooter, politicians that allowed the gun to so easily be placed in his hands, and the gun manufacturers. We can discuss who should have done what until the cows come home, but that is not the root of the problem.
The gun manufacturers?

There will always be people with bad intent. Find them before they act.

Advertisement
Does that mean any mags with more than 10 rounds is illegal in NYC? Both handguns and rifles?

I also want to point out that it is so easy to say, quacks you get no guns, but difficult to enforce. What doctor is signing off on that form? What doctor will sign saying you are good to go or not good to go? lol. Talk about an invasion of privacy. This is in general to the reference about mental health earlier in thread. Should anxiety and depression prevent one from having a firearm? Someone mentioned a terroristic threat earlier. No one here is perfect. For those of you in your 40s this should be no problem at all. Think about your top ten worst moments in life. If the world could see us then, would they have allowed us to get guns? Think more spirit of what I said, bc some of us may have at one time known about breaking the law. I know several mattress tag cutters! The perpetrator out in Texas, Im gonna guess we just saw one of his top ten worst moments . . . he shouldn't be getting any guns anytime soon . . . pun was backed into;)
Yes exactly. You can't buy a magazine that hold more than 10 rounds no matter the type of firearm.

Yup you are 100% correct as usual. In a lot (all?)medical marijuana states. If you get prescribed marijuana you can't own a gun, because you are "crazy" or whatever lol. Even if its just for pain tolerance or something.

Nothing wrong with butter, unless combined with said sugar. Sugar should be an infrequent treat - not a standard ingredient.

And I mean real butter - not sht in a tub.
I never said there is anything wrong with butter, but it is incredibly calorie dense. A tablespoon of butter is over 100 calories. If you want to talk about hot pockets not being filling. Butter is in that exact same category. You can easily cook something with a few tablespoons of butter and add 400 calories to the dish, while adding very little satiation. Tons of recipes call for an entire stick of butter, and plenty of fat fvcks smother all their food in butter. Just adding tons and tons of calories without providing any sort of satiation. Most adults can easily put away a stick of butter if its melted into something in one meal. or even slathering it onto bread. A stick of butter and a 4 slices of bread would end up being a 1300 calorie meal and not very filling. Meanwhile you could have 9 potatoes for that amount of calories or 2.7lbs of chicken breast. YOu need to have quite the appetite to finish either one of those plates or a combination of the two. 1.35lbs of chicken breast and 4.5 potatoes. You also could eat 12 pounds of cauliflower instead. So if 4.5 potatotes and 1.35lbs of chicken breast isn't enough you could take away 2.25 potatoes and add in 3 pounds of cauliflower. Its very hard to gain weight if you were to eat like this. its very easy if you slather butter on everything.

I remember as a kid a making butter and sugar sandwich
There is nothing wrong with butter. I can't think of any foods,off the top of my head that are natural, and when consumed in a vacuum are "bad for you". However, butter is very easy to overeat since its so calorie dense while not being very satiating. I prefer to get my saturated fats from Oily fish or coconut(because of its high amount of medium chain triglycerides, which I have trouble getting in my diet), but I do have some butter here and there if I am low on saturated fats for the day.

Its also way different when you are a 13-14 year old kid going through puberty and playing football for 3-4 hours after school then hitting the weight room after. You can eat whatever you want and not put on a single pound(hyperbole of course).

Advertisement
I never said there is anything wrong with butter, but it is incredibly calorie dense. A tablespoon of butter is over 100 calories. If you want to talk about hot pockets not being filling. Butter is in that exact same category. You can easily cook something with a few tablespoons of butter and add 400 calories to the dish, while adding very little satiation. Tons of recipes call for an entire stick of butter, and plenty of fat fvcks smother all their food in butter. Just adding tons and tons of calories without providing any sort of satiation. Most adults can easily put away a stick of butter if its melted into something in one meal. or even slathering it onto bread. A stick of butter and a 4 slices of bread would end up being a 1300 calorie meal and not very filling. Meanwhile you could have 9 potatoes for that amount of calories or 2.7lbs of chicken breast. YOu need to have quite the appetite to finish either one of those plates or a combination of the two. 1.35lbs of chicken breast and 4.5 potatoes. You also could eat 12 pounds of cauliflower instead. So if 4.5 potatotes and 1.35lbs of chicken breast isn't enough you could take away 2.25 potatoes and add in 3 pounds of cauliflower. Its very hard to gain weight if you were to eat like this. its very easy if you slather butter on everything.
Fat is absolutely satiating - especially dairy. It breaks down slower than sugar and simple carbs. Combine with fiber and protein and you have the perfect trifecta of satiety. It's works amazing for me when cutting. Your mileage my vary.

Fat is absolutely satiating - especially dairy. It breaks down slower than sugar and simple carbs. Combine with fiber and protein and you have the perfect trifecta of satiety. It's works amazing for me when cutting. Your mileage my vary.
I at no point said fat was not satiating. And I definitely am not saying its less satiating than sugar, which is pretty much the least satiating thing, besides maybe alcohol. But butter is not very satiating. Just look at the example. We don't even need to go into the science to realize this is true.

Can you eat 12 pounds of cauliflower in one sitting? Can you eat a stick of butter melted down into a dish? The one that you would have more trouble consuming is the one that is more satiating.

I at no point said fat was not satiating. And I definitely am not saying its less satiating than sugar, which is pretty much the least satiating thing, besides maybe alcohol. But butter is not very satiating. Just look at the example. We don't even need to go into the science to realize this is true.

Can you eat 12 pounds of cauliflower in one sitting? Can you eat a stick of butter melted down into a dish? The one that you would have more trouble consuming is the one that is more satiating.
Satiety is more than just the volume of your stomach to physically hold food - its more the speed at which your bowels consume it, increasing the time between hunger.

Advertisement
Satiety is more than just the volume of your stomach to physically hold food - its more the speed at which your bowels consume it, increasing the time between hunger.
Well technically its the feeling of being satiated. What you are referencing is things like the thermic effect of the food, there effects on ghrelin levels, metabolizing rate of food, etc. The foods with the highest thermic effect are proteins. And vegetables have a very similar rate of metabolizing when you control for total calories. Fats digest slower since they are more calorie dense, but when you compare it calorie for calorie they break down at a similar rate. Its more important for diabetics(thats why they look at all the GI index stuff). But that is neither here nor there since we are talking about average americans getting fat and gaining weight. For them satiety is the most important factor and the fat breaking down slightly slower, is not going to prevent them from getting fat, when you compare it to something that is multiple times or satiating like cauliflower.

Well technically its the feeling of being satiated. What you are referencing is things like the thermic effect of the food, there effects on ghrelin levels, metabolizing rate of food, etc. The foods with the highest thermic effect are proteins. And vegetables have a very similar rate of metabolizing when you control for total calories. Fats digest slower since they are more calorie dense, but when you compare it calorie for calorie they break down at a similar rate. Its more important for diabetics(thats why they look at all the GI index stuff). But that is neither here nor there since we are talking about average americans getting fat and gaining weight. For them satiety is the most important factor and the fat breaking down slightly slower, is not going to prevent them from getting fat, when you compare it to something that is multiple times or satiating like cauliflower.
All I know it I can eat 2 eggs cooked in a big pat of butter, 2 slices of bacon, topped with hotsauce and a handful of peanuts for breakfast and not think about food again until dinner if needed (if trying to drop pounds I'll usually eat lunch and skip dinner). I suppose I could eat 2 heads of cauliflower (if I could even get them all down) - but I wouldn't.

Also, there is no question Americans got fatter and much more unhealthy when we started taking fat out of foods, and making up the flavor with sugar. It's crazy how one small, bad study on the cardiovascular effects of fat has so detrimentally affected the health of 4 generations of Americans.

All I know it I can eat 2 eggs cooked in a big pat of butter, 2 slices of bacon, topped with hotsauce and a handful of peanuts for breakfast and not think about food again until dinner if needed (if trying to drop pounds I'll usually eat lunch and skip dinner). I suppose I could eat 2 heads of cauliflower (if I could even get them all down) - but I wouldn't.
That is basically my point. That is probably about 800 calories of food right there. 2 heads of cauliflower is about 400 calories. Now if that meal fills you up, there is no chance you are going to not be full after eating 1 head of cauliflower. SO there is no chance someone is going to be eating 4 of them throughout the day, before he reaches dinner. So someone having trouble losing weight, upped their veggie intake. They would most likely start losing more weight since nothing is more satiating than those types of foods. However, all just an exercise in showing how satiating different foods are. Your current diet is far healthier than just eating 2 heads of cauliflower all day, sure you would lose more weight, but you would also be ridiculously malnourished lol.

The whole point of this discussion was to show. Lets say you were an individual who didn't get full off 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and a big pat of butter. Lets say you are someone with a larger appetite. maybe he needs 4 eggs to feel satiated, but in order to maintain his weight(like you are doing) he needs to only eat 2 eggs, 2 bacon, a big pat of butter, and a handful of nuts. What can he do? He can add 2 eggs, but that would mean he is eating 140extra calories per day multiply that by 7 and you have 980 extra calories per day. Most likely that guy is going to put on about a qaurter pound of weight per week until his TDEE increases 140 calories. Which may take him gaining 26lbs of weight to do so(This is not an exageration your TDEE goes up very slowly with your weight. I just pumped the numbers into a few TDEE calcs and that is what I came up with).

So what can he do instead? He could cut the pat of butter in half and eat 1 head of cauliflower along with his meal. He is still getting the optimal .4 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight per day. Still getting his needed protein. He won't gain a single pound(he may actually lose a bit since he is going to be getting a lot more fiber) And he is going to be a **** of a lot more full eating 2 eggs, small pat of butter, 2 bacon, and handful of nuts, with a head of cualiflower. When compared to 2 eggs, big pat of butter, 2 bacon, and handful of nuts.

Advertisement
Also, there is no question Americans got fatter and much more unhealthy when we started taking fat out of foods, and making up the flavor with sugar. It's crazy how one small, bad study on the cardiovascular effects of fat has so detrimentally affected the health of 4 generations of Americans.
Yes I don't disagree with that at all. Number 1. You need a certain amount of fat per day for optimal hormone health. .4 grams of fat, per lb of bodyweight for a lean individual is generally considered to be optimal. Number 2 sugar as we have already discussed is terrible for you and has pretty much no benefits besides things like fast energy and quickly refilling your glycogen levels, but that is not really coming into play for your average american.

That is basically my point. That is probably about 800 calories of food right there. 2 heads of cauliflower is about 400 calories. Now if that meal fills you up, there is no chance you are going to not be full after eating 1 head of cauliflower. SO there is no chance someone is going to be eating 4 of them throughout the day, before he reaches dinner. So someone having trouble losing weight, upped their veggie intake. They would most likely start losing more weight since nothing is more satiating than those types of foods. However, all just an exercise in showing how satiating different foods are. Your current diet is far healthier than just eating 2 heads of cauliflower all day, sure you would lose more weight, but you would also be ridiculously malnourished lol.

The whole point of this discussion was to show. Lets say you were an individual who didn't get full off 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and a big pat of butter. Lets say you are someone with a larger appetite. maybe he needs 4 eggs to feel satiated, but in order to maintain his weight(like you are doing) he needs to only eat 2 eggs, 2 bacon, a big pat of butter, and a handful of nuts. What can he do? He can add 2 eggs, but that would mean he is eating 140extra calories per day multiply that by 7 and you have 980 extra calories per day. Most likely that guy is going to put on about a qaurter pound of weight per week until his TDEE increases 140 calories. Which may take him gaining 26lbs of weight to do so(This is not an exageration your TDEE goes up very slowly with your weight. I just pumped the numbers into a few TDEE calcs and that is what I came up with).

So what can he do instead? He could cut the pat of butter in half and eat 1 head of cauliflower along with his meal. He is still getting the optimal .4 grams of fat per lb of bodyweight per day. Still getting his needed protein. He won't gain a single pound(he may actually lose a bit since he is going to be getting a lot more fiber) And he is going to be a **** of a lot more full eating 2 eggs, small pat of butter, 2 bacon, and handful of nuts, with a head of cualiflower. When compared to 2 eggs, big pat of butter, 2 bacon, and handful of nuts.
Agreed. For lunch I try to eat chicken or fish/broccoli/sweet potato. But I'm not really a picky eater. My meals can be boring and I won't complain.

This is one of them Ho Lee ***** threads.

Hello Kitty Omg GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Advertisement
Agreed. For lunch I try to eat chicken or fish/broccoli/sweet potato. But I'm not really a picky eater. My meals can be boring and I won't complain.
Ya I am the same way. I am not picky at all. Since growing up I ate whatever we could get. I am the guy that literally could eat a head of cauliflower for my only meal every day(if it was possible to survive on that) lol. So its actually really easy for me to stick to my diet, since I don't crave cheat meals or anything like that. I write up my meal plan and I eat it. If I am still hungry, I man up ignore it. If I am craving some sweets, I suck it up and ignore it. If I am full, or sick of eating, but need some more protein or fat i force it down anyway lol. I do try to mix my foods up to get optimal micronutrient balance though. Since your body absorbs vitamins way better through real foods, when compared to swallowing pills(however, i do occasionally take vitamins if I didn't get enough of a particular vitamin that day).

But for the most part. I have my TDEE pretty dialed in for the amount of exercise I do in the week. So I generally eat 1 gram of protein per lb of BW. .4G of fat per lb of BW. Then the rest of my calories I fill in with healthy carbs. Veggies, fruits, legumes, tubers, etc. Now when I am bulking up or if i am doing a very cardio intensive workout cycle. I end up eating a lot more carbs. And when I am cutting down and every calorie counts. I almost end up doing keto, since my 1 g of protien and .4g of fat ends up pretty much equaling my TDEE so I may not really be able to get any carbs in besides the veggies I need to round out my micronutrients for the last few weeks of my cut.

Lmao…enough shootings, enough assault rifles, enough being blamed for not acting quick enough, and enough being outgunned. That is why they didn’t go in, despite children being murdered..
Outgunned? There were like 10 of them with better quality ARs and better armor than the kid with 0 training had. If there was 1 thing that they did not need more of, in that situation, was more guns. Do you think giving them an M27 would have made attempt to go in? No it wouldn't.

Also, Unless I am misremembering, I can't even remember a recent shooting where a kid used an assault rifle.

There is nothing wrong with butter. I can't think of any foods,off the top of my head that are natural, and when consumed in a vacuum are "bad for you". However, butter is very easy to overeat since its so calorie dense while not being very satiating. I prefer to get my saturated fats from Oily fish or coconut(because of its high amount of medium chain triglycerides, which I have trouble getting in my diet), but I do have some butter here and there if I am low on saturated fats for the day.

Its also way different when you are a 13-14 year old kid going through puberty and playing football for 3-4 hours after school then hitting the weight room after. You can eat whatever you want and not put on a single pound(hyperbole of course).
Guess what the greatest steakhouse’s use for awesome steaks “ butter “ it’s there preferred basting applications.

Advertisement
Back