Off-Topic Mass killings

Want to take a huge swipe at the public health crisis? You can’t.

Anyone with a brain understands eating healthy, getting some daily modest exercise, not smoking, and not drinking to excess would dramatically reduce chronic levels of coronary, pulmonary, and neurological disease, obesity, and mental illness.

Good luck with any serious policy address even getting started.

Eat healthy? Okay. Here come the extremist-vegans wanting to ban all animal-based food products. Opposed by factory-farmers from Big Agriculture who insist they need their animal raising and processing horror-shows to maintain high profits and fueling the Fast Food Industry. Both which have 99% of Congress in the hip pockets.

Next up we’ll try to remove processed sugars. Hahahaha.

President Musk will have the US colonies on Mars before that happens. :)
This is the real reality of the culture war...when musical chairs stops and we're on Mars, no one wants to be part of the slave class that'll be sent in that Middle Passage.

Advertisement
"But preservatives aren't even the number 1 killer, if you don't after the number 1 killer your a hypocrite #allPreservativesMatter"
I believe processed sugar is the single worst nutritional problem we face. Reducing, let alone eliminating (not easy - **** is in almost everything), can have a dramatic effect improving anyone’s physical and mental health profile.

Last edited:
Take away suicides and guns are not an issue.
Tell that to the Sandy Hook and Uvalde parents of their dead elementary school kids. Kids with their heads blown off.

Massacres like we've just witnessed (yet again) don't happen elsewhere in the civilized world, at least nowhere near this frequently. Why does any citizen who is not in the military or a member of law enforcement need AR type weaponry? Answer is they don't.

Last edited:
Average person? Try average doctor - they are woefully ill equipped to advise on nutrition and they are institutionally tied to fixing stuff with medicine instead of holistically. The whole medical training program needs to change.

100% right. There are some measures you can take but at the end of the day there’s only so much you can do because of the sugar/meat lobby and the fact that it’s a cultural and educational thing.
You are 100% correct. Most doctors just read random schit online or read a random nutrition book and parrot that to their patients. Even most nutritionists for the most part don't know schit about it.

Average person? Try average doctor - they are woefully ill equipped to advise on nutrition and they are institutionally tied to fixing stuff with medicine instead of holistically. The whole medical training program needs to change.

100% right. There are some measures you can take but at the end of the day there’s only so much you can do because of the sugar/meat lobby and the fact that it’s a cultural and educational thing.
Yes, and economic barriers to healthy eating. The lesser one’s financial means the less access one may have to better food choices. This is not a blanket excuse, of course. There’s a reason poor neighborhoods and communities have so many fast food dealers and liquor stores.

Advertisement
I believe processed sugar is the single worst nutritional problem we face. Reducing, let alone eliminating (not easy - **** is in almost everything), can have a dramatic effect in anyone’s physical and mental health profile.
I agree and me and you have had numerous discussions in the past here and in the DMs with MDP regarding nutrition. So I know you know your schit regarding nutrition.

I agree that sugar is the single worst nutritional problem and I barely eat it myself unless I am having a cheat day, during a bulk, and I decide to have some sugar. Or maybe once in a blue moon after some very intense HIIT or in the middle of intense aerobic work. I will have some sugar

The problem is we can't even keep drugs that are used by less than 10% of the population and abused by even less. Good luck trying to abolish something that is used by 99.99% of the population and abused by 90%. People go crazy if you try to put limits on who can buy guns. Imagine how ballistic those same fatasses would go if you try to take away their sugar. They will be twisting up amendments until they can construe it as "though shalt not take away our sugar".
The black market would be booming and nothing would change. Just more arrests would happen.

Yes. Her fiancé was with her so knew right away and called an ambulance. All is well. They tried her on 4 different meds and she had varying degrees of “bad” thoughts. I don’t believe she is on any meds currently but she went to her doctor because she doesn’t sleep at night and they wanted to put her back on the meds that caused the suicidal episode. Like WTF? Needless to say she is going to a different doctor. But a lot of these meds are trial and error to find what will work
Quetiapine helps me relax at night and the effect is I fall asleep. I love Katy Williams, but he wrong about that Serequile.

"But preservatives aren't even the number 1 killer, if you don't after the number 1 killer your a hypocrite #allPreservativesMatter"
Preservatives is just an example. My entire point is people complain about guns, but refuse to even deal with things that lead to more deaths. Things that could be easy fixes and wouldn’t infringe on rights.

You are 100% correct. Most doctors just read random schit online or read a random nutrition book and parrot that to their patients. Even most nutritionists for the most part don't know schit about it.
Many doctors aren’t trained in nutrition, at least not deep study. Doctors treat symptoms or fix injuries. Repeat customers pay more.

And, to be fair, we do need to treat symptoms and cure diseases. But working towards prevention with healthy nutrition and exercise would sure go a long way towards taking a whack at the problem. No?

Advertisement
Tell that to the Sandy Hook and Uvalde parents of their dead elementary school kids. Kids with their heads blown off.

Massacres like we've just witnessed (yet again) don't happen elsewhere in the civilized world, at least nowhere near this frequently. Why does any more citizen who is not in the military or a member of law enforcement need AR type weaponry? Answer is they don't.
The answer is bc we can. Nobody has to answer why they need something, if they have the right to own it. I haven’t shot anybody, why should I be punished for that?

Preservatives is just an example. My entire point is people complain about guns, but refuse to even deal with things that lead to more deaths. Things that could be easy fixes and wouldn’t infringe on rights.
I was only joking. I just hate when I say "we could do this and this and it would make things much better" and people say"ya but, that isn't as big an issue as XYZ so we can't even discuss fixing that issue". We don't need to fix issues in order of importance. Otherwise nothing would get done.

Many doctors aren’t trained in nutrition, at least not deep study. Doctors treat symptoms or fix injuries. Repeat customers pay more.

And, to be fair, we do need to treat symptoms and cure diseases. But working towards prevention with healthy nutrition and exercise would sure go a long way towards taking a whack at the problem. No?
Really most doctors aren't trained in nutrition besides a handful of nutrition courses they took in college. I would take your average gym nuts advice on diet for health over your average doctor or nutritionist any day of the week.

I was only joking. I just hate when I say "we could do this and this and it would make things much better" and people say"ya but, that isn't as big an issue as XYZ so we can't even discuss fixing that issue". We don't need to fix issues in order of importance. Otherwise nothing would get done.
I get that. But I hate when people claim X is the biggest issue when it’s not. It’s just more emotional. Especially when X is tied to a fundamental right and the other issue that leads to more death is not, and would be an easier fix.

Advertisement
Yes, and economic barriers to healthy eating. The lesser one’s financial means the less access one may have to better food choices. This is not a blanket excuse, of course. There’s a reason poor neighborhoods and communities have so many fast food dealers and liquor stores.

Combine economic barriers, food deserts, poor nutrition education and cultural habits, it’s a lot to unwind/fix.

I get that. But I hate when people claim X is the biggest issue when it’s not. It’s just more emotional. Especially when X is tied to a fundamental right and the other issue that leads to more death is not, and would be an easier fix.
Ya I wasn't referring to guns or anything that pertains to fundamental rights. I agree with that point though.

Advertisement
bUh, buH, bUh, dEEz tyPEs oF thEEngZ oNLy hapPenZ iN bLoo stAtez, brO.

itZ knOT duH gUnZ iTz duH peEpleZ bRO, yOU kNOw???
1653783491688.png

Changing how food is manufactured isn’t gonan do anything but cut into the bottom line of the manufacturers. Take out the preservatives and random sugars. You aren’t forcing anybody to eat anything. You’re making all of their choices healthier. There’s a reason there weren’t many fat people 30-40+ years ago
People like candy and cheeseburgers and sodas, just like people like guns and alcohol and cigarettes. Even if they can afford healthier options, unless those options cease to exist people will still make that choice because freedom (or convenience, or gluttony, or income etc).

The picture is much bigger, and much more complex than simply taking out preservatives and random sugars when it comes to food that is consumed in America. The most grown crop in the US is corn. Not because it is on our plates on the cob every night, but because there is massive subsidy for the crop that is featured in animal feed and goes into corn syrup which is a key ingredient in a ton of other food stuffs. That massive subsidy makes bad food (random sugars) more affordable to produce, more affordable to buy, and for people on a budget possibly the only option to feed their family. People with a comfortable income may own a home with a garden and have a local farmers market, and the money to spend there, however that is not the case for everyone, nor is it the choice they may necessarily make.

You cannot simply change that part of the equation without incorporating a big overhaul to the entire food system, because it renders the most accessible items less affordable (forcing people to eat something else), would require a complete reimagining of what is grown and how it is distributed, and look what happens when anything inflates in price in this country or pushes up against a high value interest. Remember, the farm bill is north of 160 billion dollars and dictates the food system for many people - price and therefore access, and the reach is further than wether 10 dollars gets you more McDonalds than it does in the produce section. Associated agribusinesses like tractor companies, fertilizer companies, seed companies, transportation companies, the various meat industries, the fast food industry, grocery stores, all have a part in that and are the beneficiaries of high volume, low cost, low quality production.

You simply can't so nonchalantly say something will cut into the bottom line of the manufacturers, partly because what that actually does is cut into the affordability of consumers, but also because they determine the policy through lobbying. Frankly, they don't give a **** how many Americans are over weight, they care about that bottom line and will contribute to politicians campaigns to insure that doesn't change (both sides take money FWIW).

Believe me, I am all the way on board with healthier food - I have a garden, I go to the farmers market, I eat mostly vegetables - because that means healthier people. But that is now a battle that is as strongly entrenched in America as guns and cars at this point, even if it is the youngest aspect of the three.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back