Off-Topic Mass killings

10 minutes from my house. I have friends who go there, work there and MSU police as well. Local reporters saying 1 shooter, 3 dead, 5 significantly injured and at hospital. Shooter took his own life when police confronted him about a 1/2 mile off campus late last night. All schools in the area are cancelled today.
Reports saying shooter was 43 years old and no connection to the university.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just a reminder guys - it's Valentine's Day.

Get your Fauci's Series One Valentine's Day Card for the little lady in your life - "You Stop My Heart," with multiple follow-on phrases to show how much she means to you - come to include a place to tell her where your will is.

Any suggestions on something else to do?

Stop dismissing felony charges.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please feel free to come here and continue discussion about guns, psychotropic drugs in the light of the recent shooting.

In the 70s you could take guns to school. No problems.

Then doctors start over medicating kids and suddenly kids starts shooting up schools on the regular.

Has to be the guns fault. Bunch of retarded mother****ers.

I think some of it is the lack of guidance by the parents and social media. Now you can get bullied by everyone on the internet, you can find like minded crazies, and every idiot has a soap box to get a following by anyone. Like others have said, something has caused the uptick in these shootings and it’s not the guns.

Advertisement
In the 70s you could take guns to school. No problems.

Then doctors start over medicating kids and suddenly kids starts shooting up schools on the regular.

Has to be the guns fault. Bunch of retarded mother****ers.
I went to school in MD and that was in the 90's, and I assure you nearly every car and truck and a gun rack in it, with a loaded gun, because everyone went hunting before and after school.
It is NOT a gun problem. We also didn't have men that thought they were women, women who thought they were men, both sexes (yes there is only 2) who thought they were a cat or tree........

I went to school in MD and that was in the 90's, and I assure you nearly every car and truck and a gun rack in it, with a loaded gun, because everyone went hunting before and after school.
It is NOT a gun problem. We also didn't have men that thought they were women, women who thought they were men, both sexes (yes there is only 2) who thought they were a cat or tree........
youre just transphobic. Its obviously the guns fault.

These ****ers wanting to ban guns are retarded and should be forced to move to the middle east.

I don't know where this idea that there was no gun violence in the past and less shootings. In certain respects, gun violence rates are less in recent years than in past decades. The increase in the number of total deaths is likely due to an increase in population. The increase of deaths per shooting is likely due to increase of more powerful, higher capacity weapons such as ar-15 for example. Also, statistics show that states with more stringent gun regulations have lower gun violence rates than less stringent states.

Also, there have been school shootings in the US for years. Yes, the rate has seemingly increased. But that also coincides with the ease and access of certain weapons. It's essentially the same issue with suicides. There are numerous of studies on this issue. There is an increase in suicide rates when you introduce accessible firearms. The same is true for school shootings as study after study have found. There are mental issues in every country. These gun deaths don't occur in those countries because they do not have the ease of access to weapons or the same kinds of weapons. It's also not lack of "faith" or religion. The US routinely averages higher % of religious people, faith abiding, etc. than most of the rest of Europe and other civilized countries. Those countries don't have the issue we have.

Also, while we DO need to address mental health issues in this country, it is not fair to paint a broad stroke that it is the cause of a majority of gun violence or school shootings. This has been studied and it is not accurate.

This is an awful issue to have. We can all agree that gun violence needs to stop. No one wants people to suffer because of it, especially not children. But we need to take a realistic look at what is happening based on evidence and facts. It needs to be a multi faceted approach. Yes, we should address mental issues in this country. And yes, we also need to do something about the guns in this country and the type of guns available. Feel free to read some of the links below, studies they cite, etc, or not. But this is a problem that needs to be solved and we need an open mind in doing so.

Advertisement
Back